Airmiles Shop the Block 2018 - BONUS MILES POSTING NOW

I have 60 bonus miles that posted about a week ago and I can’t figure out what they are for. I don’t see the 20 for my Rexall shop yet though.
I shopped yesterday and, as usual, the miles posted today.

Ugh, so my airmilesshop for over 100$ at amazon, well they shipped in 3 different packages, so I only got 4 AM. Which means it won't credit as one of the 100$ shops. Why oh why send everything individually???

OMG I didn't even think of this. My purchases were at Amazon as well for just over $100 but it shipped in 3 separate packages. Does this still count towards the promo?

Can someone confirm that I'm not missing something? Safeway has a spend $100, get 100AM coupon for StB starting tomorrow. The back doesn't say anything about GCs. It does say I can't combine it with other offers though. So does that mean I can buy a $100 CG to amazon and have that count?

23mm1op.jpg

I must admit this has me stumped! Generally speaking these type of offers do exclude gift cards but the terms are extremely vague on that coupon compared to the ones for Sobeys & Foodland that are extremely explicit. I'm thinking this will need to be a case of asking when you're at the store, perhaps you could have your card scanned first and then scan the gift card and see if the miles are applied??

Can someone confirm that I'm not missing something? Safeway has a spend $100, get 100AM coupon for StB starting tomorrow. The back doesn't say anything about GCs. It does say I can't combine it with other offers though. So does that mean I can buy a $100 CG to amazon and have that count?

I'm curious if this will work too. Please report back if you try it!!

Yes, report back if you try it! I was just checking out the flyer and I don't think I can get a $100 worth of an order. Well I could, if I want to pay a heck of a lot more for stuff that's on sale elsewhere. I have done my 7 already, but I wanted to do an extra one to be on the safe side in case there's a problem with some of them posting.
I do need stuff at LCBO for Christmas so if I have time I'll try and get there tonight and try it out getting a gc too.

I think I'm going to go pick up my Sobeys Urban Fresh gift cards tomorrow at the Ottawa store. If someone goes and they are out of gift cards could you please post here so I don't bother the long trek :) Thanks!

I’ll have to stop at Safeway and try it. If it does work, that’ll be a pretty easy one to get done!

I just heard from one of my airmiles troopers. The STB Urban Fresh coupon is not working at Sobeys Urban Fresh this morning in Ottawa. Anyone else having difficulty?

I just heard from one of my airmiles troopers. The STB Urban Fresh coupon is not working at Sobeys Urban Fresh this morning in Ottawa. Anyone else having difficulty?
I'm not in the city so haven't tried yet BUT this doesn't surprise me in the least!!! Last year the coupon didn't work till around 1:30 .. the first store I tried even had a sign up at the customer service desk saying the coupon wasn't working. I swear, some of these promos make me want to pull my hair out!!

I just called Sobeys customer care(not) and gave them an earful. They will have someone look into it. I also called the store and they said they had reached out to Head office? but hadn't heard anything back yet. They have known for months that this day was coming and yet they can't get a simple bit of programming correct. Unbelievable (not really).

Fortunately I haven't gone downtown to the store yet. I'll call the store later in the day and go down after dinner if it is working by then.

I just called Sobeys customer care(not) and gave them an earful. They will have someone look into it. I also called the store and they said they had reached out to Head office? but hadn't heard anything back yet. They have known for months that this day was coming and yet they can't get a simple bit of programming correct. Unbelievable (not really).

Fortunately I haven't gone downtown to the store yet. I'll call the store later in the day and go down after dinner if it is working by then.

Oh that’s awful. Thanks for the tip off!

Hope it is working by tomorrow as I am heading to downtown Toronto and plan on hitting the store at 777 Bay St then go down to the Christmas Market at Nathan Phillips Square for my bonus Air Miles socks.

Sobeys StB Coupon Dec 6-12
Spend $100.00 and get 100 bonus airmiles OR a $10.00 gift card.
Heads Up!!!
Be calm and explain to cashiers that they must scan the correct bar code on the back of the coupon and tell them ahead of time which one to scan--There are TWO
one is to get 100 bonus airmiles
2nd one is to get $10.00 Sobeys Gift Card.
You must choose which one you want.
YES to be credited for this StB you have to use this coupon.

Hugs
Mel
look here before going to the store.Check where it says how to use this coupon--click.
https://shoptheblock.ca/en/partner_offers

Last edited:
Just did urban express in ottawa. Not working they told me the coupons were printed by mistake. Guest service lady said she is tired of taking about this coupon today I got points but they are clearly flyer points. Geez sobeys always a mess on these offers

Last edited:
Sobeys StB Coupon Dec 6-12
Spend $100.00 and get 100 bonus airmiles OR a $10.00 gift card.
Heads Up!!!
Be calm and explain to cashiers that they must scan the correct bar code on the back of the coupon and tell them ahead of time which one to scan--There are TWO
one is to get 100 bonus airmiles
2nd one is to get $10.00 Sobeys Gift Card.
You must choose which one you want.
YES to be credited for this StB you have to use this coupon.

Hugs
Mel
look here before going to the store.Check where it says how to use this coupon--click.
https://shoptheblock.ca/en/partner_offers

Thanks for the heads up, I thought of this issue too when I was looking at the coupon, and I could foresee cashier scanning issues not to mention confusion.

I think this will work - I’m going to use a black Sharpie to strike through the bar code on the one I do not want scanned. No room for confusion or errors!

I am planning to go to Sobeys Urban Fresh today because DH is not coming home for dinner and tomorrow is PA day so I can kind of have a free night to go AM hunting. Now I am not sure. The store is about 25 min drive from work and none of them are close to where I live. Has anyone used the STB coupon successfully today in Toronto? TIA!

Just did urban express in ottawa. Not working they told me the coupons were printed by mistake. Guest service lady said she is tired of taking about this coupon today I got points but they are clearly flyer points. Geez sobeys always a mess on these offers
NOPE --- it is NOT a mistake, the mistake is they did the exact same thing they did last year and ran the 2 promos at the very same time, not our fault. Gonna do a chat with airmiles right now

Hope it is working by tomorrow as I am heading to downtown Toronto and plan on hitting the store at 777 Bay St then go down to the Christmas Market at Nathan Phillips Square for my bonus Air Miles socks.
Just a head's up, that particular Urban Fresh can be a royal PIA when it comes to these promos. Last year I went there the 1st day of the StB to pick up a booklet and the customer service desk had BIG SIGNS about shopping the block and 2 cashiers were actually leaning on it while having their coffee. They BOTH claimed their store doesn't give Airmiles and certainly don't have booklets or use coupons, I pointed to the sign and the one wearing the manager tag shrugged and said the booklets come in the mail. The day the coupon for the gift cards went live the same 2 women were working and the happy, shiny lady who works the customer service desk (i can't find the sarcasm font :P ) didn't say anything, just pointed to the handwritten sign that said it wasn't working. I then took the streetcar down to the one on Queen's Quay and they didn't have a problem at all.

Awaiting the results of you chat with airmiles re the Urban Fresh coupon @Donald - my hero . I've got stupid college issues with DS timetable right now swirling around in my head and need the distraction. I'll be sooooo glad when he is finished with that place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter