• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Shop the Block 2018 - BONUS MILES POSTING NOW

OK Edited Per Jacqueline and
Ottawamom posts
Looks like I will get credited for the StB.

I've trained the youngest son well...........
Two $75.00 Gift Cards ---two separate transactions (He took photos)
Receipts say *Sobeys Urban Ont. Gift Card Offer 75 Miles*
He tried scanning the coupon (then the manager tried ) and still it would NOT scan.
So I got the airmiles but NO coupon scan for StB.
Manager blamed Airmiles for an incorrect Promo code.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
OK, here's the chat session that answers a few issues we've had
Tagging everyone who's had these questions

@ottawamom @bababear_50 @Raimiette @Spotthecat @juniorbugman @TFC_UNTIL_I_DIE @AngelDisney @

URBAN FRESH COUPON/OFFER

MAHAM(agent): it was printed with a barcode but it's not needed for the offer.
Our support teams are aware of this and are looking to remove the barcode from the offer
JACQUELINE : it currently doesn't have a barcode on the website anymore, could have sworn it
did before
MAHAM(agent): that's fine. That offer was not meant to have a bar code in the first place.

AMAZON SPLITTING ORDERS
JACQUELINE : now the issue with our Amazon order is troubling. They split the order into 2
shipments. Part hasn't yet arrived (thanks Canada Post) This was to be the 7th offer on that card and now I'm not going to get credited
MAHAM(agent): Oh, sorry to hear that.

JACQUELINE : the miles haven't shown up anyway, but for future reference, if Amazon separates the order for shipment how does Airmiles handle it?
MAHAM(agent): As long as your transaction amount is what was required to qualify for the Bonus Miles, you
will get the Miles.
JACQUELINE : very confusing , the order was well over the $100 mark need for that coupon
MAHAM(agent): It doesn't matter if your order is split.

Last edited:
OK I couldn't wait for Donald so I contacted airmiles myself. Apparently all we need to do now is swipe our AM card, purchase the GC and it will count. Airmiles is in the process of updating the website to reflect this new information.
Sorry ... i was trying to be quick :(

OK, here's the chat session that answers a few issues we've had
Tagging everyone who's had these questions

@ottawamom @bababear_50 @Raimiette @Spotthecat @juniorbugman @TFC_UNTIL_I_DIE @AngelDisney @

URBAN FRESH COUPON/OFFER

MAHAM(agent): it was printed with a barcode but it's not needed for the offer.
Our support teams are aware of this and are looking to remove the barcode from the offer
JACQUELINE : it currently doesn't have a barcode on the website anymore, could have sworn it
did before
MAHAM(agent): that's fine. That offer was not meant to have a bar code in the first place.

AMAZON SPLITTING ORDERS
JACQUELINE : now the issue with our Amazon order is troubling. They split the order into 2
shipments. Part hasn't yet arrived (thanks Canada Post) This was to be the 7th offer on that card and now I'm not going to get credited
MAHAM(agent): Oh, sorry to hear that.

JACQUELINE : the miles haven't shown up anyway, but for future reference, if Amazon separates the order for shipment how does Airmiles handle it?
MAHAM(agent): As long as your transaction amount is what was required to qualify for the Bonus Miles, you
will get the Miles.
JACQUELINE : very confusing , the order was well over the $100 mark need for that coupon
MAHAM(agent): It doesn't matter if your order is split.
Thank you! I saw the barcode being removed and wanted to report here. Yet I was not fast enough! Lol!! Off to Sobeys Urban Fresh I go! Happy hunting everyone!

Your timing was good I'm just a little stressed with DS school issues. He needs to have a full time course load in order to qualify for his part time Government job (in his chosen field). Long story short they changed the program and now he doesn't have enough classes available to him to be considered full time. To which I say add another course. Stupid college system in Ontario that's not an easy thing to do. He works tomorrow so this isn't going to get solved until sometime early next week. He won't be able to graduate at the end of April will have to take his final course in the summer (if possible) or next fall.

We had all the ducks lined up. Now I'm not certain how it's going to work. It will probably be OK in the end and I'm just stressing myself unnecessarily but heh that's what we mom's do right.

Your timing was good I'm just a little stressed with DS school issues. He needs to have a full time course load in order to qualify for his part time Government job (in his chosen field). Long story short they changed the program and now he doesn't have enough classes available to him to be considered full time. To which I say add another course. Stupid college system in Ontario that's not an easy thing to do. He works tomorrow so this isn't going to get solved until sometime early next week. He won't be able to graduate at the end of April will have to take his final course in the summer (if possible) or next fall.

We had all the ducks lined up. Now I'm not certain how it's going to work. It will probably be OK in the end and I'm just stressing myself unnecessarily but heh that's what we mom's do right.

Anything online that he can take to make up the missing courses? Lots of colleges offer courses online that can be considered to be equivalents.

Anything online that he can take to make up the missing courses? Lots of colleges offer courses online that can be considered to be equivalents.
Check out Athabaska they are cheap and can take almost anything and start at any time

Follow up with DS school issue. His academic advisor called this evening and yes he can take another elective in order to get his hours up to full time status. She is going to contact the registrar and get him registered in those two classes. Worst case he'll have to choose another elective. At least there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

He was supposed to graduate this spring but that will have to be put off until he can complete the course they moved (either in the summer or next fall). One class is easy enough to do with a full time job so that's not the end of the world.

Edit to add (9:55pm) they've updated his account and he's full time again (whew). Sometimes it takes putting it out there into the universe to get things to work out. Thanks for letting me vent.

Last edited:
Can someone help me remember how long it takes for the STB miles to post? Was it March last year?
OOPS, i promised to find accurate info and then forgot to actually POST it, sorry!!

Historical timelines from previous promos:
  • Mega Miles in 2017 ran until May 31st the 120 mark for that was Sept 28th : first sighting of miles was July 13th, miles for the online shopping coupon around July 31st with some reporting as long as Aug 21st
  • Shop the Block 2017 ran until Dec 14th: first sighting of miles was Feb 3rd, many of us only got 1/2 and were told to wait til Feb 8th but online chat starting adding them around Feb 6th
  • Shop the Block 2016 ran until Dec 14th the 120 day mark for that was April 13th BUT the site clearly said they would post by end of Feb. First sighting was Feb 3rd but a LOT of people got only 1/2 and it took till middle of MAY for some to get it straightened out
  • Mega Miles in 2015 was BRUTAL -- needed to use 5 coupons and bonus only went to the first 60,000 who completed the coupons the rest of us got varying amounts, we got (get this FIVE!)

Just a head's up, that particular Urban Fresh can be a royal PIA when it comes to these promos. Last year I went there the 1st day of the StB to pick up a booklet and the customer service desk had BIG SIGNS about shopping the block and 2 cashiers were actually leaning on it while having their coffee. They BOTH claimed their store doesn't give Airmiles and certainly don't have booklets or use coupons, I pointed to the sign and the one wearing the manager tag shrugged and said the booklets come in the mail. The day the coupon for the gift cards went live the same 2 women were working and the happy, shiny lady who works the customer service desk (i can't find the sarcasm font :P ) didn't say anything, just pointed to the handwritten sign that said it wasn't working. I then took the streetcar down to the one on Queen's Quay and they didn't have a problem at all.

I've got a Sobeys in my neighbourhood where the owner told the cashiers (who told me) that they don't participate in STB. I had been in there a couple of times to try and find booklets - which they never had. I told the cashiers that Sobeys was part of the program and had no choice but to participate. This owner is now a town councilor - I'm so far not impressed.

Has anyone ever tried to use the Sobey Urban Fresh coupon at a regular Sobeys? It would be a good offer but there isn't one with 45 minutes of me but I have a sobeys within 10 minutes.

Has anyone ever tried to use the Sobey Urban Fresh coupon at a regular Sobeys? It would be a good offer but there isn't one with 45 minutes of me but I have a sobeys within 10 minutes.
Yup this is what the one I bought today looks like. We've only ever used them at sobey's or Foodland
Screenshot_20181207-152530_Gallery.jpg

Yup this is what the one I bought today looks like. We've only ever used them at sobey's or Foodland
View attachment 368842
I got a different one that’s red in colour. The Sobeys Urban Fresh store I went yesterday had these ones too but the barcodes are all crossed out at the back, and I was given the red ones. They worked and I got the AM so it’s all good!

GetAttachmentThumbnail

These are the ones my son got at Sobeys Urban Fresh yesterday.
Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter