Airmiles MEGA MILES Miles are Posting

I've updated the post about how miles are appearing on receipts and posting to accounts, please check it and see if you can provide any further details that others might appreciate having for reference :thumbsup2

A few comments that have popped into my mind from repeated questions:

Mastercard offer
  • won't hurt to "re-opt in" if you're not sure it worked or not
  • you can leave the opting in until the very last day and ALL of your transactions from the beginning of the promo will count, direct quote from the fine print of this offer -To qualify for this offer, you must (a) opt in for the offer by entering your AIR MILES Collector Number and clicking the “Submit” button on or before April 25, 2019, and (b) spend $250 using your eligible BMO AIR MILES Mastercard between March 21 – April 25, 2019, inclusive at participating Partners.
  • won't hurt to do more than the total dollar amount since you still get double the miles at Partners
  • It doesn't matter what you buy (including gift cards of any sort, lottery tickets or extended warranties apparently) since stores are only assigned categories by Mastercard
  • it looks like OURS have already posted to the account because it was also our statement date, curious if that is the same with others who have it posted
Receipts/Account notations: Constant problem with these promos is the pitiful ability to connect miles to the coupons leads to the following issues that are very common and (unfortunately) no reason to panic & do more offers than you can literally afford. It would almost be better if some partners weren't so helpful leading to our questioning the others :P
  • no miles on receipt
  • miles on receipt but no indication of why they are there
  • PLU Code only (or NO code)
  • miles post to account with no idea why, simply state "bonus miles"
How to avoid the worry & concern over the above? Simple answers
  • Keep EVERY.SINGLE.RECEIPT.
  • Staple a copy of the coupon used to the receipt (if you need to print from website be sure to do that before it expires!)
  • Online ordering?Be sure to keep ALL your emails pertaining to those should you need to follow up
  • Keep a complete booklet and when the promo is over, tuck everything inside it, put it somewhere safe & then wait for the bonus to post
One final comment - the bonus miles will NOT post until the promo is done & about 6 weeks have past. Don't contact Airmiles looking for them, they can't issue them just because you're already done. Don't think that because those miles aren't in your account that you need to do more coupons. ***also please don't send me a private message asking if you think you should do this already, you'll get the same answer from me, "sorry, you'll have to wait"

Last edited:
Planning to do the BMO one on Friday, I'll be buying a gift card at Rexall for my Disney trip. My statement date is the following week, I think? Maybe... so hopefully it will post then and I'll know it's done. Thank fully, though I know I won't get Airmiles for purchasing a gift card from swiping my airmiles card, I will get them because BMO doesn't know what I purchased. Should get me a few AM any way! Lets see, I've done Sobeys, Rexall, Children's Place and that will be BMO... oh I will need to get gas or something at Shell and that should be good. Then the wait for the bonus to post in a few months :)

The other day I heard a local radio station play an advertisement for the Mega Miles event ... they included NSLC as one of the sponsors. As they are not currently, nor have they ever been on the site for this current promo, I contacted AM via live chat to inquire. Nathalie said she would look into it and then call me for a follow-up if I wanted. I received that phone call yesterday morning. NSLC is NOT part of the promo... yet. Apparently they are "working" to get them in on the promo, but no indication of when that might actually occur. They recommended I keep checking the website in case they appear. (Great, but not helpful unless you're struggling to get a 5th offer in NS).

As I already had the chat open, I asked about my Lawtons issues. (To review: I bought something Mar. 21st and scanned the coupon but no "running tally" has been showing on my receipts). Nathalie said that there would be a note on my file and my number had been "enrolled" from their end (or something like that). I was supposed to be fine though, as the coupon code had showed on my receipt, and the other Lawtons shopper who said they had chatted, was told we should both have been fine.

So... today I had to stop in for a few more things, and I scanned my Onyx card and rang in the last $15 worth of stuff I needed for that offer. This is what the receipt looked like at the end.

Lawtons Black.JPG
I don't know if that's because I did the chat/phone call or if that would have happened regardless. My assumption is that as I've now spent $95 before taxes I should be done.

But... since I had $20 in items I needed to buy, and didn't want those other $5 to go to "waste"... I rang them up under our secondary card... I mean, "DH's card"! This is what that receipt showed.
Lawtons Blue.JPG
SO... now the tally is working?!? Sigh. Gentle reminder that it has been widely stated here before, that buying ANYTHING on the first day of these promos is taking a risk that you chase the AM. Still better than spending more than I needed to though, as that $40 item I bought on Mar.21 was a special order item which had just arrived, and I likely wouldn't need to buy more before the promo ends.

The other day I heard a local radio station play an advertisement for the Mega Miles event ... they included NSLC as one of the sponsors. As they are not currently, nor have they ever been on the site for this current promo, I contacted AM via live chat to inquire. Nathalie said she would look into it and then call me for a follow-up if I wanted. I received that phone call yesterday morning. NSLC is NOT part of the promo... yet. Apparently they are "working" to get them in on the promo, but no indication of when that might actually occur. They recommended I keep checking the website in case they appear. (Great, but not helpful unless you're struggling to get a 5th offer in NS).

Let us in Ontario help out our east coast friends. What offer can we get for you that you dont have already

Let us in Ontario help out our east coast friends. What offer can we get for you that you dont have already

@kimbert you need to check out post #4 for a list of people who have offered to help out those who are struggling to complete this promo, scroll to the bottom of the post

ok so on my Shell receipt of Mar 28 it has a line saying Promo 939. Then halfway down total miles received this visit 7. Points just posted last night on Airmiles list Mega Miles-in store offer.
Side note, still none of my Sobeys or Urban Fresh posted yet, but they are on the receipt.

Mine doesn't say anything about Promo 939, however it does acknowledge the use of my air miles card and that I earned 10 miles this visit. This is a normal Shell station. I wonder if all of them are a part of the megamiles?

Ok Help, I missed the easy Rexall cash in, Sobeys gift card. So far I have done the Shell gas offer. I will get the pizza at Metro and a bottle at LCBO. Any ideas for 2 other easy ones? Perhaps ones that aren't on the standard offers in the booklet? I tried to look up a store on airmilesshops that would work to buy a gift card, but every shop I found doesn't give airmiles for their gift cards. thanks,

Ok Help, I missed the easy Rexall cash in, Sobeys gift card. So far I have done the Shell gas offer. I will get the pizza at Metro and a bottle at LCBO. Any ideas for 2 other easy ones? Perhaps ones that aren't on the standard offers in the booklet? I tried to look up a store on airmilesshops that would work to buy a gift card, but every shop I found doesn't give airmiles for their gift cards. thanks,
If you have a Rona or Lowes nearby what about the Henkel no more nails adhesive. It is either 8.99 at Rona or 11.99 at Lowes. It is one of the coupons from the Mega Miles online site.
Also I think that you can buy Chapters gifts cards online as I have done that before and it worked.
There is another Rexall coupon that it still valid.

The only gift card i can think of that is of any use (to me) and you can buy thru the portal is Indigo. You can buy an e-card and the miles will post in about a week.

you must you have cash miles if you mentioned the Rexall offer, if you wait till April 11th Metro has a cash offer and Rona also has one starting tomorrow, I'll be using both of these on both cards, Metro for something i wouldn't normally get and Rona for smoke detectors that we noticed are 10 years old. Also, there's zero reason you can't use those cash miles at Rexall to pay when you use the current coupon, you won't get the bonus miles for USING the miles but you also won't be "paying". That coupon is good till the 7th so you can wait till the flyer starts on Friday since it's stuffed with bonus offers

@kimbert you need to check out post #4 for a list of people who have offered to help out those who are struggling to complete this promo, scroll to the bottom of the post

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I am not struggling to get the 5 offers. So... to me that makes "the possibility of NSLC suddenly becoming a sponsor between now and Apr. 25th" unhelpful. Except maybe for the actual bonus miles themselves.

It is wonderful that so many help others out though, and offer to do so during these promotions which run across Canada but have widely different numbers of "easy" and "difficult" offers in each region!

I made another small purchase at Lawton's to see if the amount was being tracked, and again, nothing noted on the bottom of the receipt. My original receipt does show the coupon number, so I think I'm okay. I'm just going to have to wait and chase those miles for that offer. Another reason to always keep your receipts!

Sorry that I couldn't remember it was you and I who had been discussing Lawtons. Check out my recent post where I share photos of recent receipts. Check out the Onyx one which I started on Mar. 21 and, like you, scanned the coupon but didn't get a tally started. I needed just over $14 to complete the offer, and I spent 15, and that message popped up at the end. Interestingly, says "when you reach $95" even though that was the order in which I DID reach $95...

So grab a calculator and add all your "subtotal" amounts together, then once that hits $95 you "Should" be good. Hopefully we both don't have to chase those 95 AM...

If you have a Rona or Lowes nearby what about the Henkel no more nails adhesive. It is either 8.99 at Rona or 11.99 at Lowes. It is one of the coupons from the Mega Miles online site.
Also I think that you can buy Chapters gifts cards online as I have done that before and it worked.
There is another Rexall coupon that it still valid.

Rona also has a spend 95AM, get 15AM (or spend 190AM, get 25AM) starting tomorrow. It's on the website (it's offer 9 on the Rona offers).

How about the 3 graphic tees offer at The Children’s Place. Only $5.99 each online. I bought some for my nephew.

Woohoo I did Rexall! Protein powder (32.99), Huggies wipes (4.49), and 2 packs of my fave healthy treats Smart Sweets (3.99 ea).

The $5 off coupon worked. The spend $40 get 20 MM coupon worked. And the Mon-Fri spend $40 get 60 worked!

Now I just hope my BMO MC offer posts soon.

And then do Shell fill up.

The only gift card i can think of that is of any use (to me) and you can buy thru the portal is Indigo. You can buy an e-card and the miles will post in about a week.

you must you have cash miles if you mentioned the Rexall offer, if you wait till April 11th Metro has a cash offer and Rona also has one starting tomorrow, I'll be using both of these on both cards, Metro for something i wouldn't normally get and Rona for smoke detectors that we noticed are 10 years old. Also, there's zero reason you can't use those cash miles at Rexall to pay when you use the current coupon, you won't get the bonus miles for USING the miles but you also won't be "paying". That coupon is good till the 7th so you can wait till the flyer starts on Friday since it's stuffed with bonus offers

I haven't seen the Metro Cash miles offer anywhere, that would be good. Yes I only have cash miles as we have annual passes for Disney or we go during free dining so we never cash in for Disney tickets. Want to get this done, just finding it much more difficult than last year.

I haven't seen the Metro Cash miles offer anywhere, that would be good. Yes I only have cash miles as we have annual passes for Disney or we go during free dining so we never cash in for Disney tickets. Want to get this done, just finding it much more difficult than last year.

not related to mega miles, but based on your signature it looks like you're going to have the most amazing summer! Disney every month sounds like an absolute dream year!

not related to mega miles, but based on your signature it looks like you're going to have the most amazing summer! Disney every month sounds like an absolute dream year!

Thanks, yes this is our "Year of Disney". In May my wife and are going just the two of us for the first timeever. June we are taking a family trip and then as well in June a trip with my third child for her bday, then July for my second daughter's bday. August will be another family trip(unexpectedly during the opening of Galaxy's edge) to close our annual pass year(Sept to Sept). Already took my other two for their bdays, plus a family trip in Sept 2018 Christmas/New Years and March Break. Actually 4 free dining trips in one year, ie tickets to use in the future as well probably over the next few years. It will be a great summer as long as we don't literally melt into a pile of goo with all the time in Florida summer.

Some stores have more offers than show within the page depending on the device you're using and you have to click on the very tiny arrow at the bottom right to find them all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter