Ahhh, Alaska! A Disney Wonder PTR Cruise Date 6/11/12 COMPLETED PTR

Andrea have you started to pack? I am not sure when i am going to do that because the weather is crazy here and we are still using our fleece and rain coats!

I'll pm you soon to make sure we get an exact place and time to meet. :banana:

Yes, I actually have started to pack. I am putting things in my suitcase that I know I am not going to use. Our weather is staying pretty much the same right now (Hot), so I really don't need too many things that I am going to be taking. I have also been watching the weather in all the ports everyday to see the changes so I know whether I want to take clothes for warmer weather too. :goodvibes

Looking forward to that PM, I would also love to hear what you guys are planning on doing! Talk to you soon!:thumbsup2

Well everyone, we have made it to the 25 day mark, and we are more excited than ever! Hubby ordered some stuff for the trip on eBay, and everything has finally arrived. Putting last minute touches on our FE Gifts before we package them up and send them ahead to Seattle. I pretty much have completed my packing list and know everything we are going to take, so now I am making sure I can locate the things I need and have put them in a designated place so I am sure I can! I still feel like when the actual day before comes I am going to be running around like a chicken with my head cut off because I forgot to do something. I really hope that is not the case, I am trying to make the packing day as effortless as I possibly can. We have arranged for my mother to take us to the airport, which I feel bad about because we have to be there at about 6am which means we need to leave at about 5:30-5:45am. That first day is going to feel like One More Disney Day because we will be up until about 11:00pm Seattle time which is about 2:00am our time...But I want to be able to do as much as we can while we are there, so maybe I'll just drink some coffee...HAHA. So anyway, for now, that is my little update, you guys all have Magical Days!pixiedust:

I know what you mean. We are going to be exhausted because our flight is so early as well, and coming from the east it is going to be killer. But hey, Seattle is capital of coffee!

I know what you mean. We are going to be exhausted because our flight is so early as well, and coming from the east it is going to be killer. But hey, Seattle is capital of coffee!

You are absolutely right, I should have plenty of coffee options should I start getting tired!:rotfl2:

Just another little update on me. I have been watching youtube videos of the Ship (Disney Wonder) whale watching tours, Palo brunch, anything Alaska I can find getting in the spirit of our upcoming adventure. I was on youtube the other day and I found this family video, they went on the Wonder to the Mexican Riviera this past year, It was one of the most amazing family vacation videos I have ever seen. I inspired me to try and create one for myself, along with my TR and Magazine. I sure do like to put a lot of things on my plate...LOL, anyway if you happen to be going on our cruise and see some crazy lady roaming around videotaping EVERYTHING, you will know that is me...I even went around out town and shot some random B-Roll just so I could have a beginning before we left to put where we come from and where we are going in perspective! Hmm...I think I should add a temperature to it so everyone knows how different it is in NC versus Alaska in the Summer! :thumbsup2

Just another little update on me. I have been watching youtube videos of the Ship (Disney Wonder) whale watching tours, Palo brunch, anything Alaska I can find getting in the spirit of our upcoming adventure. I was on youtube the other day and I found this family video, they went on the Wonder to the Mexican Riviera this past year, It was one of the most amazing family vacation videos I have ever seen. I inspired me to try and create one for myself, along with my TR and Magazine. I sure do like to put a lot of things on my plate...LOL, anyway if you happen to be going on our cruise and see some crazy lady roaming around videotaping EVERYTHING, you will know that is me...I even went around out town and shot some random B-Roll just so I could have a beginning before we left to put where we come from and where we are going in perspective! Hmm...I think I should add a temperature to it so everyone knows how different it is in NC versus Alaska in the Summer! :thumbsup2

Sounds awesome!

Ok first not sure if I told you in the message but I looove your hair! Secondly, I feel your pain. Toiletries weigh so much. Yea stick with the travel size and remember that the H20 stuff on DCL stuff imo is way better (it's the spa line) then the stuff in the WDW hotels and it will be fully replenished. That has helped me cut my usual shampoo & conditioner etc. I still have a ton of stuff though....

ok so under 3 weeks:woohoo:

Ok first not sure if I told you in the message but I looove your hair! Secondly, I feel your pain. Toiletries weigh so much. Yea stick with the travel size and remember that the H20 stuff on DCL stuff imo is way better (it's the spa line) then the stuff in the WDW hotels and it will be fully replenished. That has helped me cut my usual shampoo & conditioner etc. I still have a ton of stuff though....

ok so under 3 weeks:woohoo:

I didn't get a message? :confused3 Thanks, I have had my hair long since I was 13 years old and so it was a big change when I cut it, it's nice to get compliments on it! :banana: Doesn't "19 days" sound so much longer than "less than 3 weeks", well it does to me...LOL I am gonna send you another PM, I feel like messages are getting lost somewhere :goodvibes

Hi everybody, just wanted to give another quick little update thingy. Recently DH and I have started to geocache. So if you don't know what it is here is a link to explain it to you http://www.geocaching.com/
We actually have a lot of fun doing it and since we are pretty much peripatetic travelers, it is something we might want to do while gone on our trip as well! It will add a little adventure or excitement (as if there isn't going to be enough already) to our time away! It looks like there may be some pretty cool sites to do it in the cruise ports and if any of you have some down time, maybe you could try it out, you might really enjoy it like we have!

Countdown: 30 Days

I geocached just a bit on our MR cruise (just 10 year old DD and I, she got nervous being off the beaten path in Mexico) and have caches ready in my GPS for Alaska next year. It is a super fun way to get out and see places you never would otherwise. We make day trips out of it. My DD loves it the most. We have nearly 400 caches logged. Look me up my caching name is Koivusaari. Maybe will see you on the trail sometime. :)

I geocached just a bit on our MR cruise (just 10 year old DD and I, she got nervous being off the beaten path in Mexico) and have caches ready in my GPS for Alaska next year. It is a super fun way to get out and see places you never would otherwise. We make day trips out of it. My DD loves it the most. We have nearly 400 caches logged. Look me up my caching name is Koivusaari. Maybe will see you on the trail sometime. :)

That's awesome! We just started getting into it and are having a blast and are really looking forward to doing some of the ones on our trips! I think I would be nervous off the beaten path in Mexico too...lol thanks for reading, oh and btw my geocaching name is AAshleySEG also ;) I hope we do meet up on the trail sometime!:goodvibes

We are now 17 days away from our Anniversary Vacation and I am getting more and more excited the closer it actually gets! If I hadn't mentioned it before my WONDERful Mother is kind enough to house/dog sit for us while we are away. We have 4 dogs Saghani (Alaskan Malamute), Bear (Black Lab/Chow Mix), Arya and Quorra (Miniature Schnauzers) as well as a Mexican Red Head Parrot named Rojo! I know this is OFF TOPIC so if you don't want to read it you don't have to...LOL. I am trying my best to get the house super clean before she comes to stay, I know a lot of you could probably relate to that! My mother is the type to "clean" anything if she sees something out of place, now some people might appreciate that, but I am somewhat of a control freak as you may or may not have noticed with my planning. I would prefer if she just relax while she is here and not have to worry about anything, afterall she is doing US a favor. We are however taking her out for dinner when we get back and getting her some scratch-offs which she loves way more than anything else we could get or do for her. So basically at about 25 days out I made a list of 1 thing I could do each day so I could be positive that my house would be perfectly cleaned and well-stocked for her stay here for 12 days. Today on my list was to clean out and restock the refrigerator with essentials. I think this task was way past due for me. Maybe it is just me but I didn't realize how many things I had in there that were past expiration, it is just one of those things I don't really have time to do "the right way", I have even taken out all of the shelves and drawers and am cleaning it inside and out! This is helping me stay on track and not forget things since this trip is creeping up on us so quickly! I give myself one important thing to do each day so everything will be ready when we leave at 5:45am that Friday morning! :goodvibes Have a magical day everyone!

Official Countdown: 17 Days

Did you guys see this?

http://www.shortydog.com/

Someone posted it on the Seattle thread. If you guys are looking for something to do in the evening it looks pretty cool:thumbsup2

That looks really fun! If we aren't too tired after dinner Saturday and Sunday, we may head over and check it out! I know we will definitely be too tired Friday night...LOL Thanks for the link!! I didn't know about that place at all!

Countdown: 13 Days

Quick Update:

Our FE Gifts have been completed finally and we are shipping them to our hotel on Monday or Tuesday in a priority mail flat rate box to ensure that they will get there on time. I emailed Mayflower Park Hotel previously and they said it would be no problem to hold them for us until we arrive next Friday. Monday the Wonder finally arrived in Seattle for the first Seattle-Alaska cruise this season! There are lots of cool pics of that, hopefully I will have some of my own as well very soon!

Have to run to the Mall later today to have Jeremy's suit pants altered, pick up some nail polish to give myself a mani/pedi next week before we head out! Packing has commenced, and I am adding things every day and writing down what I put in so I know if I already packed it or not! I am putting outfits together, washing clothing, ironing, getting formal wear dry-cleaned etc! Still house cleaning, have a hair cut/color on the 6th, and then we head out on the 8th! It is getting closer everyone!

Thank you all for sticking with me on this long PTR, you will soon be rewarded with a Disney Wonder to Alaska TR, with stops in Seattle, Tracy Arm, Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, and Victoria, BC! I might be getting a little ahead of myself but you should have lots of photos and even some video as well! But seriously, thank you for hanging in there with me throughout this!

Countdown: 9 Days

Looking foward to this cruise...it is soo close. I too need so polish for my pedi! Any color ideas? I am a designer so I am into color:rotfl:

We are going to Alaska a couple weeks after you, so I am looking forward to your trip report to get me excited and give me some pointers! I hope you have an amazing time!!! :yay:

We are going to Alaska a couple weeks after you, so I am looking forward to your trip report to get me excited and give me some pointers! I hope you have an amazing time!!! :yay:

Yay! I hope we ALL have a great time on our Alaska Cruises! I will try my best to make my TR as helpful as I can! Just reading all the TR's from last years cruises made me super excited, I only hope mine lives up to those! Thanks for reading!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter