Ahhh, Alaska! A Disney Wonder PTR Cruise Date 6/11/12 COMPLETED PTR

Alright, just wanted to let all of you know what I have been up to! 45 Days from today we will be heading out on our big vacation! From the beginning I have always seen how everyone decorates their doors, some have a theme, some are just completely covered over with stuff. It took us a little bit to decide what all we wanted to do as far as our door! With all of our FE stuff ready to go, yesterday I started working on everything for our stateroom! SO, with that in mind here is what we are doing!

We are doing a Toy Story Theme for our Door!
I started making everything yesterday. I love using Photoshop and so, I will give you a little taste of what we are doing, show you a few pictures and then when we get back I will show you how the entire door was decorated!

So the first thing I wanted was something to signify that it was our Anniversary. This and the Porthole Ears will be the only things not related to Toy Story, but it can't be perfect so who cares anyway right...:goodvibes
AnniversaryMagnet.jpg

Next I wanted to get the Toy Story Theme Rolling along, so I made Name Ears for us so everyone will know whose cabin it is:
ToyJeremy.jpg

ToyAndrea.jpg

Once that was completed, we decided we didn't want to go crazy with prepared magnets so I got a lot of different Toy Story/TS2/TS3 characters and put them together on plain sheets, we are going to print them out get them laminated and then cut them out and stick magnets on the back and just spread them around the door, I'll show you a sample page of what I am talking about! I have 3 other pages too everyone from Big Baby and Ken to Jessie and Bullseye!
ToyStoryCharactersPage1.jpg

(I hope this next thing will be allowed? I am not really sure but we will see, if not it will be ok)The final thing we are doing is taking a jump rope and tying it to the door handle, I am going to glue green army men going up the rope and walking across it like in the movie, and then put magnet on the back of the rope so it will stay attached to the door! I hope it will be cute and not too over the top, but hey, it is our first DCL Cruise experience and we want to go all out! DH has been out of town for work and he will not be back until the Thursday, 1 Day before we leave, so I am trying to get all of these things done without him. Its rough but, so worth it! Hope everyone is having a magical day! :wizard::cheer2::banana::goodvibes

Just found it today - little late, but better late than never!

You magnets are adorable - you'll have to let us know you're cabin # so we can come and see it.

I tried to get my dad to go to the Mariner's game Sun pm, but he said he's an "east coast" fan. I'll see if I can get him to Promenade at 3:15 - if not, we'll see you at Palo's (brunch and dinner)!

ps - I know you tried diligently to see if we would participate in FE- and I could not get my brother to think about it over Easter. If your planning windows opens up at all, let me know - we'll add 2 cabins (mostly for the kids).

Just found it today - little late, but better late than never!

You magnets are adorable - you'll have to let us know you're cabin # so we can come and see it.

I tried to get my dad to go to the Mariner's game Sun pm, but he said he's an "east coast" fan. I'll see if I can get him to Promenade at 3:15 - if not, we'll see you at Palo's (brunch and dinner)!

ps - I know you tried diligently to see if we would participate in FE- and I could not get my brother to think about it over Easter. If your planning windows opens up at all, let me know - we'll add 2 cabins (mostly for the kids).

I'm glad you found my TR! I am loving my magnets, I got them all printed out today and am very happy with them!! Tell your dad he is missing out! Matt Kemp of the Dodgers is on track to be NL MVP, so BOO! Baseball is baseball! LOL We love all teams and stadiums! Glad we will see you at Palo! I am very excited about going there, I keep watching the videos for the brunch to make my mouth water!! Our room number is 5635 for the moment unless we happen to get a port upgrade :goodvibes I really do hope you will stop by to see it! Thanks again for reading! I hope I do a good job on my TR :) Have a magical day!!:cool1:

I'm looking into an Alaskan cruise as well so will really enjoy 'coming along' on yours :)

I love the magnets and the jump rope idea...what deck are you guys on? I have to look for your door lol!

I'm looking into an Alaskan cruise as well so will really enjoy 'coming along' on yours :)

Great! I hope my TR wants to make you book one! We are having a blast just planning so I know the trip will be wonderful! Thanks so much for joining in and reading along with us! :goodvibes

I love the magnets and the jump rope idea...what deck are you guys on? I have to look for your door lol!

Yay! I am glad you like our idea! We are on Deck 5 Aft! I can't wait to get everything on the door and take pics!

I am going to put Chapter Links in when I actually start the PTR in case anyone was wondering...:lmao:

1: Purchased our combo tickets for Chihuly Garden & Glass/Space Needle. They save you about $5 per person if you are interested in doing both things. The Chihuly portion is a timed ticket, so be careful of that when getting them in advance. The Space Needle portion can be used any time during operating hours through the calendar year!
Chihuly Garden & Glass

2. Purchased our Savor Seattle Gourmet Indulgence Tour Tickets!
Savor Seattle Tours

3. Received our ORCA Cards in the mail for all of our transportation needs while we are in Seattle! They can be used on anything from buses to street cars and the light rail! We will also be doing a lot of walking (hopefully)!
Orca Card Website
IMG_4479.jpg

4. Door magnets have been completed! So they are ready to go!

5. I have been needing a new camera bag lately to hold a journal and a few other things, so I went on eBay and got a new Manfrotto DSLR Messenger Bag to bring with us on the trip! Yay, everyone loves new stuff (well this is used but new to me.) I am going to be updating my packing list very soon with a few more essential items once I figure out what I plan to wear everywhere...:rotfl2:

I am going to have a little guess which restaurant we chose challenge! I am going to give you 4 choices. We are going to have dinner at this place as our last Seattle experience, before we hop on a red-eye flight home! Can you guess which one we chose??

Choice #1: Brave Horse Tavern
Choice #2: Le Pichet
Choice #3: Steelhead Diner
Choice #4: Sitka & Spruce

Let me know what you think! Hope you all are having a magical day! I know I am!! Countdown: 36 Days:woohoo:

Loved the links for things to do in Seattle - thanks for posting them.

Will tell me dad about ball game. He is turning 85 on this trip. He actually pitched farm league back in the 40's. He and my mom spent their honeymoon en Cleveland at baseball games. Returned there for the same for their 50th (13 years ago). My dad's grand-dad used to manage a semi-pro baseball team in Buffalo during the turn of the century - back in the day when many cities had many organized semi-pro teams. His picture looks like the statue-guy baseball player in the Magic Kingdom by Casey's Corner.

Any way, I will pass your encouragement along - maybe he will change his mind if the weather's good!

Loved the links for things to do in Seattle - thanks for posting them.

Will tell me dad about ball game. He is turning 85 on this trip. He actually pitched farm league back in the 40's. He and my mom spent their honeymoon en Cleveland at baseball games. Returned there for the same for their 50th (13 years ago). My dad's grand-dad used to manage a semi-pro baseball team in Buffalo during the turn of the century - back in the day when many cities had many organized semi-pro teams. His picture looks like the statue-guy baseball player in the Magic Kingdom by Casey's Corner.

Any way, I will pass your encouragement along - maybe he will change his mind if the weather's good!

That's is amazing about your dad! we have something common with him in that we spent our honeymoon at Dodgers games in LA (along with Disneyland...LOL) I know exactly the statue you are talking about! I hope he does change his mind, it should be nice weather and a great game!

I am going to add some more links to the things we are doing in case anyone is interested! I didn't think about linking everything until you said something!!

Hi everybody, just wanted to give another quick little update thingy. Recently DH and I have started to geocache. So if you don't know what it is here is a link to explain it to you http://www.geocaching.com/
We actually have a lot of fun doing it and since we are pretty much peripatetic travelers, it is something we might want to do while gone on our trip as well! It will add a little adventure or excitement (as if there isn't going to be enough already) to our time away! It looks like there may be some pretty cool sites to do it in the cruise ports and if any of you have some down time, maybe you could try it out, you might really enjoy it like we have!

Countdown: 30 Days

Hi,
Thanks so much for ALL your wonderful tips. We're not much for posting but wanted to thank you for all your great ideas!
Are you familiar with tv food maps? It lists restaurants that food channels have recommended. There's almost 60 for Seattle. Your favs are on there.

We're going to Alaska next year! Our cruise leaves out of Vancouver. We'll be driving down to Seattle for sure. My kids want to go to Top Pot doughnuts. Sounds like a funky kind of place. We'll definitely check out your list as well.
Have a wonderful trip. We look forward to the TR.:)

Hi,
Thanks so much for ALL your wonderful tips. We're not much for posting but wanted to thank you for all your great ideas!
Are you familiar with tv food maps? It lists restaurants that food channels have recommended. There's almost 60 for Seattle. Your favs are on there.

We're going to Alaska next year! Our cruise leaves out of Vancouver. We'll be driving down to Seattle for sure. My kids want to go to Top Pot doughnuts. Sounds like a funky kind of place. We'll definitely check out your list as well.
Have a wonderful trip. We look forward to the TR.:)

You are so welcome! I am just glad what I am doing is actually helping others! I have not looked at the tv food maps! Will definitely give it a look and then add a link here in case anyone is interested! Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup2 on going on the Alaskan cruise!! I know you are probably excited even though you have a little while longer to wait, but it will come very quickly, ours sure has! Top Pot Doughnuts is one of the places on our Pike Place Market Tour I believe, will definitely let everyone know when we go on it which places we go to. Can't wait to get a TR to all of you! Thanks again for reading!!~

We received our cruise documents today, so I wanted to take a little time to go over what information is contained in them for anyone planning a trip. I know it is probably stuff you might already know but I'll chuck it in anyway just in case! So without further ado, our cruise document information!
IMG_4523.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTE TO GUESTS
Please remember to print the appropriate forms and bring them with you in order to sail.

Page 1:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
"Passport Information"
Disney Cruise Line will deny boarding to Guests without proper documentation.
Travel documentation requirements can vary greatly based on which Disney cruise you have selected to enjoy, and also on your country of citizenship.
All United States citizens must provide proof of U.S. citizenship for cruises that originate from, or travel to, a U.S. port. Please refer to the "Embarkation Information" section or visit the Planning Center online at disneycruise.com/plan for detailed requirements. You may also visit the U.S. Department of State website at travel.state.gov or call the U.S. National Passport Information Center at 1-877-4USA-PPT for the most current requirements.
For our non-U.S. guests, please refer to your local government agency for specific travel documentation requirements for your cruise vacation or visit the Planning Center at disneycruise.com/plan
It goes one to give a barcode and a list of those included in your party, so for us it would be Jeremy and myself!
On the opposite side there is a pocket which includes
Your Luggage Tags
IMG_4524.jpg

Don't Forget to Place Tags on Your Luggage

Welcome Aboard
Dear Jeremy,
Thank you for choosing Disney Cruise Line! Your 7-Night Alaska Cruise is about to begin! We're thrilled to have you aboard the Disney Wonder.
This is your official cruise document. Inside are the customized details of your Disney Cruise Line vacation. From luggage tags, a summary of everything you've booked, the Disney Wonder itinerary and more, you're holding important information in your hand. Be sure to review it all.

There is a Vacation Checklist:
Right Now:
Review This Booklet
Complete Your Cruise Documents and Forms
Planning Center
Before You Leave Home:
Leave our ships' contact number with a family member or friend
Review our Alcohol Policy
Pack a day bag
Have a neighbor? (Mail Pickup)
Double Check Your Bags
Etc. Etc
As Soon as You're On The Ship:
Relax, You're on vacation!(YAY)

You have some embarkation information and a vacation Summary which includes your reservation number, sailing details, travel dates, flight information, ground transportation, vacation protection plan info, pre-paid gratuity info, port adventures, and dining at Palo.
On the next page you have a sailing itinerary
IMG_4525.jpg

A full detailed Flight Information page including airline baggage policies and your airline itineraries.
A page of important extras featuring Gratuity Guidelines/Suggestions and page of cut-out ship contact information cards to give to family members or friends.
Finally if you chose not to use Ground Transportation there are Directions to Smith Cove Cruise Terminal at Pier 91 in Seattle.​

We are still on the countdown and getting ever closer to our vacation! I hope to share some more information with you all whenever I get a chance! So for now as always, Have A Magical Day!!:wizard:

Andrea have you started to pack? I am not sure when i am going to do that because the weather is crazy here and we are still using our fleece and rain coats!

I'll pm you soon to make sure we get an exact place and time to meet. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter