Advice please,going in April

Violetta

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone, we are going to France the 1st week in April, we have annual passes & are renting a house approx 30 mins from DLP.
I have spotted that the New Generation is ending & Magical moments Festival is starting on the 6th of April.
Has anyone been on the 1st day of the new theme as it were, will it be crazy busy (it's a Wednesday) or is it worth going on the 1st day.
Any advice much appreciated.

I can't answer your question, but I will be there that week as well. So I am glad you posted this. Thanks :)

I can't answer your question, but I will be there that week as well. So I am glad you posted this. Thanks :)
You're welcome sweetlovin' I know everyday is special at Disneyland but just wondered if it might be more special iyswim.
We went last year in June & had a brilliant time, we weren't planning on going this year then my daughter kept seeing ad's on tv & asking can we go mummy & repeating the tagline "children under 12 stay & play free" I've told her it's too expensive she's only 5 & I think it would be too much if we told her now. (I'm excited enough myself:rotfl:)

I have never been to DLP, so this will be completely new for me. I hope it isn't crowded as I am only there three full days!!

My kids have been to Disney World over 15 times, so I am hoping this will be as magical for them as all the other trips.

Hi again sweetlovin, been searching & it seem's very few people go in April, so maybe it will just be you & your's & my lot in the parks, that should be fun. Although I suspect there might be a few others there! How old are your kid's are they excited yet?

me to going april the 4th for 3 nights very excited as it our first ever trip to disney, my daughter is 7 and she is so excited.

Violetta - Yes, my kids are excited, although, I think they will be more so as it starts to get closer. The kids are 6, 8, & 10 the oldest a boy and 2 girls. What are your kids ages?

I hope you are right and it is just our families and claire23 with her daughter;) It should be fun.

Are either of you from the area? I anticipate it to be chilly while we are there. Jeans, sweatshirts and jackets kind of weather. Is that accurate?

I'm in Sunny Scotland (it's not) so a bit further north , I've been looking on weather websites (husband is a weather geek if there is such a thing) and it looks as if average temp is around 10-12degrees C which is around 52 Fahrenheit ,so I'd say your probably right thinking jeans sweatshirt jacket type weather. Might be worth taking a waterproof jacket in case of rain-showers. Although when I've been to France at different times of year if it does rain it's often a quick if heavy downpour then it clears.
Having said all that I've found in Scotland we sometimes get the best weather all year in April so finger's X'd.
I just have the 1 a beautiful princess (biased mum?) who's 5 &a half.
So excited but still managing not to tell my daughter.

im also from scotland how are you travelling? we are finding it really hard to find a good time to arrive without loosing a day we are only going for the 3 nights 4 days so really want to make the most of it.

my first trip aswell my daughter is so excited

Hi Claire we are flying from Edinburgh to CDG, flight's are at rubbish times though, we arrive in Paris 8.30pm & on the way back I think we leave at noon.
I think there were better times but they were more expensive & it would be a pain getting to Edinburgh for an early morning flight.
We are staying in France for the week, hoping to go to Paris for the day too.
Hope you get something sorted re getting over there at a decent time.
IN March the park is staying open until 10pm so hopefully it will be in April too, so it won't be too bad.

We're also going to be at DLP for one day the first week in April. We're doing a day as part of a longer trip to France, all the way from the Washington DC area. I've been to WDW about a million times--can't wait to see DLP!

We're also going to DLP for the first time in April. We are going to Paris for the week, and can't resist taking a day out to see DLP! I can't wait! We have been to WDW many times, and Disney Land in California once, so we can't wait to see the differences and what makes DLP unique!:woohoo:

Violetta & Claire - I was just in Greta Green and Edinburgh this summer on a UK tour. I loved Scotland and I even ate Haggis (one bite..it was all peer pressure I tell you :lmao:)) I did end up buying a Bobby Kilt and I wear it often around here. I think it's one of my favorite article of clothing.

Cloudnut - I'm from Silver Spring and went to Good Counsel for high school. I live in Atlanta now, but I always tell people I'm from DC.;)

We are spending April 1st - 3rd in Paris and headed to DLP 4th-7th. I found some really cool tours for kids throughout Paris, so I am very excited about taking the kids to see the city.

I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed, but after hearing the rest of you will be there as well, I am starting to get excited again. I'm so glad you started this thread :thumbsup2

:cool1: Woohoo we are getting a little crew here.
I found some new (to me) info on the Magical Moments festival on the DLRP look's interesting. Meet & greet with the Princesses will be on & Rapunzel will be there too.
We just have to sort out car hire for the week & we are all organised. (well as organised as I ever am, which isn't very:rotfl:)

We just have to sort out car hire for the week & we are all organised. (well as organised as I ever am, which isn't very:rotfl:)

I just contacted EZYshuttle as I have read they are the best and least expensive. However, they are booked up for the week I am there! That means there are going to be more people than I realized.:eek:

He did give another company to contact, so I hope they are not fully booked as well.

I just contacted EZYshuttle as I have read they are the best and least expensive. However, they are booked up for the week I am there! That means there are going to be more people than I realized.:eek:

He did give another company to contact, so I hope they are not fully booked as well.

or maybe they all are using ezzyshuttle ;)

Yeah getting really excited planning our first trip we wil be there from 4th april til 7th aswell. Think we are just going to do the overnight bus gets us into london at 7am then eurostar it seems to be the best option so we dont loose a day.

The magical moments festival starts 6th does this mean we will also see the old 1 then?

thank you was searching online to find out the last date. Glad i will be there to see the new 1 then

I just booked Inventions, Cafe Mickey, and Walts for the 3 days we are there. I am serisouly thinking about adding Auberge for the 6 year old as she is a princess through and through.

Is that a little overboard for 3 days?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter