Adventurous April Exercise Challenge

:welcome: kathleen27 to Disneyland Paris Pink!

Paris' Adventureland includes Adventure Isle, their version of Tom Sawyer Island. It is divided into two smaller islands, Northern and Southern. The Swiss Family Treehouse stands on the Northern Island, where French is the main language. This version of the treehouse features a network of caves created by tree roots and nearby, the family's wrecked ship.

54 minutes since my last check in

1350/1700

I totally forgot to mention my adventure for the month ... last week I took a different turn than usual when I got to the end of my regular running path. I'm someone who has a pretty big fear of getting lost, so it was definitely an adventure - but I wound up finding a nice way to add a little distance to my run, and the path I found took me back to an area I knew, so I wasn't lost at all. Overall, it was a good adventure!

I'm not sure my last post went through, so I apologize if this first part is a repeat.

56 minutes on the stationary bike (tried for an hour, but my bottom couldn't take it)

45 minutes of walking/jogging intervals

231/600

It's been raining a lot here so I am behind, but I am going to try to catch up.

Kids were on vacation last week and I was too busy to pop in and report. Here is where I am at:

4/21 - 95 minutes (hike)
4/22 - 45 minutes (run, pt)
4/24 - 90 minutes (long run, pt)
4/25 - 115 minutes (run, pt, strength class)

That comes to 345 minutes since last report.

1420/1750

WOW, what an amazing day! Twelve people reported time, and seven of them changed colors! The front page (not to mention this post) is looking like a bag of Skittles. Taste the rainbow!

Hearty congratulations to:

PoohBelle on turning Magic Kingdom Orange;

From 2011-2014, visitors could meet Tinker Bell and her fairy friends in Tinker Bell's Magic Nook on the Adventureland Veranda. Remember, Tink also has a connection with pirates - Captain Hook and his crew from Peter Pan!

MaleficentEvilSister on turning Tokyo Disneyland Purple;

One of the shops in Tokyo's Adventureland is Chiba Traders Arts and Crafts. This looks to be a great stop for authentic Japanese items (Tokyo Disneyland is located in the Chiba Prefecture).

galaxygirl76, DVCFan1994, and courtneybeth on turning Disneyland Paris Pink;

English is the main language for the Southern part of Paris' Adventure Isle. Here you'll find Captain Hook's ship and Skull Rock. There is also a hill called Spyglass Rock, with lots of caves to explore, and a small playground area called La Plage des Pirates (Pirates Beach). There's a nice description of this area, with a lot of pictures, on AllEarsNet.

HappyGrape on turning Hong Kong Disneyland Red;

As mentioned, Hong Kong's Jungle Cruise circles an island on which Tarzan's Treehouse sits (Tarzan's Island). This treehouse was built as Tarzan's, not converted from a Swiss Family version. Guests get to Tarzan's Island by taking rafts, much like Tom Sawyer Island at Disneyland.

and BumbleB on becoming the second team member to turn Shanghai Disneyland WISH Green.

Instead of channeling the real-world locations of Africa, Asia, and South America, Shanghai's Adventure Isle reportedly will be set in a mythical cloud forest on the enchanted island of Arbori. Arbori has a several-thousand-year-old civilization; it was revealed to the rest of the world by a group of explorers known as the League of Adventurers. Featuring the water, land, and sky, the attractions of Adventure Isle honor the Arbori admiration of nature.

The team as a whole jumped an incredible 8% with today's reports! :thumbsup2

I totally forgot to mention my adventure for the month ... last week I took a different turn than usual when I got to the end of my regular running path. I'm someone who has a pretty big fear of getting lost, so it was definitely an adventure - but I wound up finding a nice way to add a little distance to my run, and the path I found took me back to an area I knew, so I wasn't lost at all. Overall, it was a good adventure!

Fabulous! That's exactly the kind of thing I had in mind in making up the theme.

1678/1800

weight lifting in the gym this morning

122 minutes to go, 4 days. I find the goal realistic and challanging - I will stick to that next month, it's good activity level. However I use my fitbit tracker to add up my active minutes and it doesn't add up my lifting - only kettlebells intervals in the end. Little annoying but I guess not too bad

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter