Adults and Solo Trips Central ** Updated 5/8/07

:confused3
New to this websight, love it though.
Can someone explain the reference to the Green Mickey's?
Is there a listing of the abbreviations?
I am having a hard time following converstions, not sure what some of the letters mean.

Just booked a weekend for me Sept 14-17th.
My cousin is playing in BB torunament at WWS, but any excuse to come down is good enough for me!

I'm new and I was actually confused about the same thing... but I found it elsewhere on the board when I was browsing through the other day! Apparently people from the board used to wear lime green ribbons if they were interested in being identified at the parks and talking to other dis folks. But now Home Depot has disney paint (of which the samples come on Mickey head-shaped papers rather than the regular squares), so they have been using those now instead/as well.

The other abbreviations I am pretty clueless! :)

DH and I will be visiting 9-20 to 9-25. We will be staying at Beach Club Villas. Will you be wearing any lime green Mickey heads so we might recognize you as a diser?

Yes, I am definitely going to pick up one of those before I leave! :goodvibes

Thanks,
It is tought, but fun to play catch-up with the website.
I have been remodeling, and have borrowed :) several of the Mickey chips form HD for scrapbooking, but will have to go and collect the green ones.

So the lime green Mickey heads are available at all Home Depots, right? I'm going Sep 16-20 and want to be prepared!!

Hi all, it's been so long that I forgot my password to my old username (H2OBabie) *blush* I haven't been on the boards since I got back from the World in April because I was soooo scared I'd book another trip right away. So much for that idea! Anyhoo, I'm really excited to be planning my next (and first) solo trip for March 30-April 6, I just had to share!

Ciao for now!

Hi!!
I am planning my first solotrip to WDW in November this year. :banana: Would really like to find some other travellers to spend some time with. Mainly Dinner time I expect.
The idea about the lime green mickey heads sound great!! But since I live in The Netherlands & we do not have any Office Depots....could somebody help me out & send me one.:idea: I will of course reimburs you for the costs!!

Who else will be in WDW 5-15 November?

Ciao,
Monique

We (mom and I) will be there October 25 - November 1, staying at AS Music, and one of those days doing MNSSHP

I am a passholder. Nobody else in my family is a pass holder. I love just going for even an hour or two. It is great. Tonight I went to MGM. I saw the Muppet show plus did the Big Movie Ride. I ate a hotdog and headed home. I know that sounds uneventful but when I live just down 27 from the park sometimes its just the right amount of Disney for me.

I would enjoy it more if I had a friend to go with. I would love it even if I got to hang out with someone just once for the afternoon. Especially another person who is momentarily baned off of the thrill rides. I get so sad walking near TOT and hearing the screams. princess:

Leanan-
I'd be happy to meet up with you one afternoon. I'm going to be at WDW from Oct. 16-25 for the Food & Wine Fest, and while I'll be spending the weekend at the parks with my sister and meeting her fiance for the first time, I'm solo the rest of the time.

I suffer from Meniere's, which is an inner ear disorder that can cause severe vertigo attacks (I push it and go on thrill rides anyway :scared1: ) but I spend the majority of my time visiting less adventurous attractions - Great Movie Ride, Narnia, Hall of Presidents, World Showcase, Carousel of Progress and my favorite of all time - Spaceship Earth (under renovations, I know :sad1: but gives me a reason to return in 2008!), dining and browsing in the shops.

It would be fun to spend an afternoon with someone else! I've been going solo for a few years now and never realized until stumbling upon these boards that not only do others go solo as well, but actually have a system for finding each other - lime green ribbons. I'll be looking for the people wearing those in October!
Constance

After my August trip (this month the 28th 07) I will be moving to FL by the end of October and living right off exit 55 off I-4 and the 1st thing I'm going to do is buy my AP and probably be going to Disney every day. So if anyone out there wants someone to pal around with let me know and we can become Disney buddies. But let me make one thing perfectly clear. I am a VERY straight male so no funny stuff if any male Disney guys want to pal around ,,lol

RSCN0242.jpg

it would be alot of fun to have a singles meet for those of us who live near the world

As they said on Seinfeld,,,"Not that there's anything wrong with that"...lol
I myself have nothing against them either. now,,,moving right along,,,,,

Too bad your a yankees fan :sad1:

Bruins, Sox and Pats - I have Mickey bobblehead dressed as both :banana:

I will be in FLA Sept 14th - 17th. My cousin in playing in a BB tournament in WWSC, meeting a friend that lives there.
Looking for some much needed nightlife, and what better place than in DISNEY :yay:

Y'all make me so jealous with the 'singles in the area' and 'going almost every day' kinds of comments....:) I'm about resigned to the fact that finding a Disney-loving man may be impossible where I live... so I'm going for 'Disney-tolerant'...

Y'all keep the dream alive!!! And you Disney men... don't you dare marry some Warner Bros. fan or something... That's like all the men over 6'2" dating the women under 5'4"... makes me crazy!!! :)

My Wife and I sneaked off to Disneyland in Oct 05. It was the most fun. No kids to worry about. Just us. It was absolutely a ball. We were the ones acting just like kids. Couldn't wait go go back again as a couple; so we'll be there again in November and can't hardly wait! :cool1: :cool1: :yay: :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter