Adults and Solo Trips Central ** Updated 5/8/07

DW princess: and I :wizard: are going Dec 17th through the 27th at SSR. We will be wearing our Groom and :bride: ears. Hope to see some lime green :thumbsup2 while we are there.

lynn71092 said:
I agree, the first week in December is great!! :banana:
Ditto. No crowds and all the Christmas spirit. Great way to get in the mood. Don't forget Candlelight Processional! :banana:

I'll be there at CSR Dec. 4-8...Mommy's little "alone time" in her favorite place.

sandy5764 said:
Be prepared for crowds. I've never gone over Christmas, but my aunt and uncle did in 2004 - said they never will again. Wall to wall people, waiting times in the hours for everything - did I say wall to wall people? Oh yeah. I've gone in early December - that way I get to see the Christmas decorations without the crowds being there. It was the perfect time to go!
Now, don't go discouraging folks who want to go on Christmas! I did it last year, and with proper planning and the right attitude, it was a wonderful trip! Made all my ADRs and dinner packages, followed all the advice for getting to parks early and AVOIDING EMH at ALL costs! Take the midday break, see all the sights when the parks are overloaded...it was great.
That being said, I figure I'd try a less stressful time of year this year.

sandy5764 said:
Be prepared for crowds. I've never gone over Christmas, but my aunt and uncle did in 2004 - said they never will again. Wall to wall people, waiting times in the hours for everything - did I say wall to wall people? Oh yeah. I've gone in early December - that way I get to see the Christmas decorations without the crowds being there. It was the perfect time to go!

In the past 6 years I have visited WDW during Christmas week twice, the most recent was December 2004. Yes, the crowds are large, but I would still go down that week. The decorations and the excitement of the large crowds helps to increase the Christmas spirit. So if you don't like the crowds but love Christmas decorations and music then take Sandy advice go in early December (I have done multiple early Dec trips as well). Otherwise go ahead and enjoy WDW at Christmas. :wizard:

DisneydaveCT said:
In the past 6 years I have visited WDW during Christmas week twice, the most recent was December 2004. Yes, the crowds are large, but I would still go down that week. The decorations and the excitement of the large crowds helps to increase the Christmas spirit. So if you don't like the crowds but love Christmas decorations and music then take Sandy advice go in early December (I have done multiple early Dec trips as well). Otherwise go ahead and enjoy WDW at Christmas. :wizard:

I would love to be actually be at WDW on Christmas Day, but only if I was there with a special someone. I can't imagine anything more romantic than walking hand in hand down Main Street USA on Christmas morning! :cloud9:

sandy5764 said:
I would love to be actually be at WDW on Christmas Day, but only if I was there with a special someone. I can't imagine anything more romantic than walking hand in hand down Main Street USA on Christmas morning! :cloud9:

I would have to agree with Sandy. :cool1:

I know its wayyyyy early but i will be there May 10-15 2007 For my solo birthday trip! anyone else for may 2007?

I just found out that I'll be able to go 12/2/2006 until at least 12/10/2006. Hopefully some great AP rates will come out soon. Since I'm solo, I'll just try for POP again. :wave:

Hello all! My absolute first post here but lurking and watching awhile.

You all are great although I had no doubt-Disney brings out all the good people! :wizard:

DH and I are BWV 10/1- 10/4 2006 for F&WF anyone else love it like we do?

Also VWL 12/22- 12/26 for Christmas Day this year (went 17-23 last year-wasn't too, too crowded)

Would love to meet anyone there at those times!

We're all Limey and ready to go. :bounce:

Well, we waited for the discounts, and I will be there Dec. 5th to 15th, staying at POFQ.

I'm traveling with my ds, his dw and two grandchildren, but we aren't planning to stay together all the time, so I'd love a chance to meet anyone else who will be at WDW then.

Teresa

Hi Minnie,
Anything lime green can signal other disboards folks that you're "part of the club." Lots of us have pilfered Alien Green mickey head paint samples from our local Home Depot stores...check the paint department, they're obvious...and laminated them or whatever. Good luck.

Teresa, bunches of "us" singles will be there then. The big gettogether is extra Magic Hours at MK on Sunday the 10th. Meeting at the flagpole... PM WDWthePlaceToBe for more info.

Thanks,
I actually work right next door to a HD, so I'll check it out after work one day. Any special way I should wear it?

MM,
Mine are attached to the zipper pull of my fanny pack and to my suitcases...I guess you could also put one on a lanyard if you wear one...heck, hot glue barettes to them and wear them in your hair ...or make earrings. (I may have to try that last one myself. :cool1: ) the possibilities are nearly endless... :artist:

If you get the wet you can peel the colored "head" off the backing paper and then do with them what you will. Laminate them if you can, or get lots because they probably wouldn't last long. Although the actual heads aren't paper, they're a plastic-y sort of stuff, very thin and flexible.

--OK, is that more info than anyone really wants about them?? :rolleyes1

CoasterAddict said:
MM,
Mine are attached to the zipper pull of my fanny pack and to my suitcases...I guess you could also put one on a lanyard if you wear one...heck, hot glue barettes to them and wear them in your hair ...or make earrings. (I may have to try that last one myself. :cool1: ) the possibilities are nearly endless... :artist:

If you get the wet you can peel the colored "head" off the backing paper and then do with them what you will. Laminate them if you can, or get lots because they probably wouldn't last long. Although the actual heads aren't paper, they're a plastic-y sort of stuff, very thin and flexible.

--OK, is that more info than anyone really wants about them?? :rolleyes1

LOL
Thanks for all the great tips! Maybe I will pin them to my shirt! Very cute idea.

Minnie, Coaster- We found a button maker is great. Perfect size to turn LGMH into buttons and they fit on our lanyards (although I had to take off some pins-dang it!) and backpack. Also makes them weatherproof!

Okay,
Now I am a total groupie! I got five LGMH's and have laminated them and cut them out. I feel like such a cult member!!! :stir:
Anyways, I also got lime green fabric paint to decorate my backpack!!! :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!