ADP Live From Universal & Disney World

Sounds like a great time, Aaron! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Did anyone else see a slightly abstract hidden mickey in the blender picture in Margaritaville?

I just wanted to say hi Aaron and Anna. :)
I am enjoying your trip report.
We have never been to Universal, and I have been saying I want to hold off till HP opens.

Monday, July 27th

Hi Everyone,

We are back from our morning/afternoon at Islands of Adventure. The park still looks great after 10 years. Spiderman is still my favorite attraction of all time. I'm sure the new Harry Potter themed land will give it new life once its completed.

Here are a few shots I took of the construction progress. I'll try and get a few more this week.
Picture017-1.jpg

Picture018-1.jpg

One of the places you can grab a quick breakfast in the morning is the Crossiant Moon Bakery located just inside Islands of Adventure.
They sell pastries as well as other quick breakfast items.
Picture015-1.jpg

We like to head left and go clockwise around Islands of Adventure. This puts us in Marvel Superhero Island first. The Hulk was in its usual roar.
Darn finger!
Picture016-1.jpg

During our tour of Islands of Adventure Anna got her face painted. They did a great job!
Picture019-1.jpg

We also played a game or two and Anna came away with a Universal teddy bear by popping 3 baloons with 3 darts.
Picture022-1.jpg

while in Suess Landing we saw a couple Suess characters
Picture020-1.jpg

Picture021-1.jpg

We stopped at Mythos for lunch today. I wasn't very hungry so I didn't order too much. I had a few bites of my grilled chicken sandwich and that was about it. Anna had a kids cheese pizza. The food was very good. They server you some sort of Fochaccia (sp) before you meal. The bread was a little too hard for my liking. Otherwise, our meal was perfect. With my 10% AP discount the meal came to $19 with tax and tip included.

Front of the line access worked great today. Spiderman had a 60 minute wait; however, with our room keys we only waited 5 each time we rode the attraction. Most attractions had lengthy wait times, but we waited very little.

We also survived a soaking on Dudley Do Right's Ripsaw Falls. We came off soaked, but we dried up pretty quickly in the Orlando heat.

That's all for now. I'm not exactly sure where we are headed tonight. More to come! :)

Aaron, I look forward to hearing all about your trip! It sounds like it is off to a great start!

Agree about FOTL access with room key. We went on MIB 6 times in a row.

Keep the reports coming :thumbsup2

Hi Anna! :wave2: Great job winning the Universal Bear! :thumbsup2

Great trip report Aaron. It sounds like you two are having a great time. I can't wait for the next installment. :)

enjoying your report.

I am not a Harry Potter fan but I have to admit I am very much looking forward to the wizarding world of harry potter at Universal. We have been to WDW 5 times in the past 2 years but we never go to universal but once they open the wizarding world of HP I do plan on staying onsite at universal for 2 to 3 nights. I am curious to see what kind of affect it will have on disney and universal once it opens

Thanks for the Harry Potter pics. I think we might squeeze in a day over there after our June 2010 Disney trip. I can't wait to see it!

Such a good Dad taking Anna for her first margarita. By the way, Maggie's (DD11 princess: ) full name is Marguerite. Named after Dana and my favorite drink.

Dave, Aaron couldn't name her Frozen Lemonade ;)

Great face painting pics! Love it, my kids really enjoy getting face paintings.

Dave, Aaron couldn't name her Frozen Lemonade ;)

Great face painting pics! Love it, my kids really enjoy getting face paintings.
Ok...I deserved that. :lmao:
Anna loves the face painting as well. The guy who did this one did an excellent job.

Hi Everyone,

We managed to make it over to Universal Studios tonight. We wanted to get a few rides in and grab a bite to eat inside the park.

Tonight we rode The Simpsons, Jimmy Neutron's Blast, Men in Black, and we made a stop over at Curious George's Playhouse.

After we finished with attractions we dined at Mel's Drive-in. I wasn't crazy about the food this time. I got a hamburger which seemed to be very overcooked. I didn't eat too much of it. Probably a good thing.

At 6:00PM the Simpson's attraction had a 40 minute wait; however, with the Express Pass we only waited 5 minutes.
Picture023-1.jpg

Here's a shot of inside the Men in Black attraction. I scored a measley 148,000. Not too good!
Picture024-1.jpg

On our way out of Universal Studios I stopped at the largest Betty Boop store anywhere! It has just about everything you could imagine.
Picture026-1.jpg

Tomorrow we plan on staying close to the resort. Anna and I are hoping to spend a lot of time at the pool, get a workout in at the fitness center (The Gymnasium), and attend the resort's luau (The Wanitian Luau). I'll have photos of the Luau for tomorrow night.

Up Next:
Photos of the Royal Pacific Pool
A Trip and Photos of the Fitness Center
The Wanitian Luau

P.S. I forgot to mention in an earlier post that on the plane down to Orlando Anna and I got to sit next to Divine; the tree lady who wanders and entertains guests at the Animal Kingdom. She's a contortionist who can walk on stilts. She told us all about her job and how often she works. A very cool way to start our Orlando vacation.
Here's a photo of Divine
divine.jpg

P.S. I forgot to mention in an earlier post that on the plane down to Orlando Anna and I got to sit next to Divine; the tree lady who wanders and entertains guests at the Animal Kingdom. She's a contortionist who can walk on stilts. She told us all about her job and how often she works. A very cool way to start our Orlando vacation.
Here's a photo of Divine
divine.jpg
Wow, that's really cool you got to sit next to Divine. What was she doing in Indy? Friends or relatives there, or did she have a performance?

I'm bummed my attempt at going to Universal Studios a couple weeks ago was foiled. However, Aaron you're making me see the right way to do it. I think we need to stay on site to get the FOTL access if we go.

thanks for posting the pictures of the new coaster Aaron - looks SCARY!!!
no way am i going on that thing!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

sounds like you're having a great time!!

Wow! Devine is one of my favorites. That is so cool. My girls would have gone crazy getting to meet her.

Wow, that's really cool you got to sit next to Divine. What was she doing in Indy? Friends or relatives there, or did she have a performance?

I'm bummed my attempt at going to Universal Studios a couple weeks ago was foiled. However, Aaron you're making me see the right way to do it. I think we need to stay on site to get the FOTL access if we go.

Dave, that is the ONLY way to do Universal!!

Hi Aaron:

It's been enjoyable reading your report and the pictures are excellent. You've shared some really nice ones of Anna.

How crowded has Universal been when comparing it to Disney parks?

Have a Great Day and looking forward to your updates...

Mark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter