• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ABD Backstage Magic 7/31 - 8/5/11

I'd be up for chat, as long as I don't forget. The brain always isn't its best after a full day of work. My first time, too, so point us in the right direction please!

Also, I learned today how I'll be paying for my next ABD trip :cool1:

My boss asked to meet with me today, and I found out that she'd requested an equity adjustment for me. She's only been my boss for about a year, and she thought I wasn't being paid enough :scared1: Why didn't my previous boss figure that one out? :confused3

So, I learned that the best way to come back to work after vacation is to find out you're getting a big raise! And I'll be getting my annual merit review at the end of December, so woohoo!!! :cheer2:

Can't post that on FB with all my friends from work on there, but I knew I could celebrate with you guys! Cheers! :thumbsup2

ked about it briefly, but don't remember who said what. Who's going to DAP? There was also mention of an ABD reunion chat for this week. The ABD chat room is going to be filled with those planning their London trip on Thursday (the normally scheduled time). Would anyone like to get together Friday night say around 8 PM EST or is that a bad time?

I'll try to be there but I can't promise - thats my Saturday afternoon so no idea what I'll be doing at this stage.

My boss asked to meet with me today, and I found out that she'd requested an equity adjustment for me. She's only been my boss for about a year, and she thought I wasn't being paid enough :scared1: Why didn't my previous boss figure that one out? :confused3

:banana:

For those that haven't been to chat before - look up for the coloured bar that has User CP written at the far left - its the next icon along.

I should be ok to go into chat. Saturday is my birthday and I dont think we have anything going on Friday night.
Is anyone else still tired? I went to bed again last night super early. :surfweb: I need some coffee.

Well Im finally getting my old PC to upload photo's. Put them on DH new Dell hunk o crap and all the pictures from Hollywood disapeared. Good times..
So now Im editing and trying to get rid of the blurry spot in some of my pictures that looks like a creepy orb in some. Seems I cracked my lens while in California.

Hey I just happen to know someone who works at Best Buy and could get you 'such a deal' on a new camera :rolleyes1

Hey Jeff and Stacy! I wanted SO much to say good bye before we all departed. It was SO good to see you guys again. I was feeling a bit ill that first morning and Stacy gave me a Zantac or something. I thought I was feeling better and we all spent the night in Disneyland on a few rides. It was a lot of fun!

I hope I didn't scare anyone in the group. I feel SO bad that I had to bail out the next morning after breakfast. We had no idea I was having a gallbladder attack. Rest assured, I bounced back enough and we were able to fly home on schedule. Just having to rest a bit and I know I'll be fine.

Lisa has been incredible throughout this entire ordeal, with a HUGE thanks to Pete and Walter. She's been SO strong, I'm SO proud of her! She's so exhausted and yet had to go back to work today on practically no sleep. She's one in a billion!

I'd be up for chat, as long as I don't forget. The brain always isn't its best after a full day of work. My first time, too, so point us in the right direction please!

So, I learned that the best way to come back to work after vacation is to find out you're getting a big raise! And I'll be getting my annual merit review at the end of December, so woohoo!!! :cheer2:

Can't post that on FB with all my friends from work on there, but I knew I could celebrate with you guys! Cheers! :thumbsup2

Congratulations!! That's a great way to come back from vacation! (We have an ominous-sounding staff meeting scheduled this Friday during lunch...:scared1:)

Hey Jeff and Stacy! I wanted SO much to say good bye before we all departed. It was SO good to see you guys again. I was feeling a bit ill that first morning and Stacy gave me a Zantac or something. I thought I was feeling better and we all spent the night in Disneyland on a few rides. It was a lot of fun!

I hope I didn't scare anyone in the group. I feel SO bad that I had to bail out the next morning after breakfast. We had no idea I was having a gallbladder attack. Rest assured, I bounced back enough and we were able to fly home on schedule. Just having to rest a bit and I know I'll be fine.

Lisa has been incredible throughout this entire ordeal, with a HUGE thanks to Pete and Walter. She's been SO strong, I'm SO proud of her! She's so exhausted and yet had to go back to work today on practically no sleep. She's one in a billion!

Good to hear you're home and on the rebound. Christine and I ran into Pete and Walter on Saturday and they said you were doing better. Get well.

Nice! :thumbsup2

Congrats Jen!!

I'm going to send a mass ABD email to everyone letting them know about chat Friday night. I hope most can make it even if it is only for a little bit.

Hugs and WOOOooOooOoOOOOO to all!

Yaaay, Jen!! Congratulations! What a welcome back to work! :cool1:

I'd love to talk to you all again in chat! Chat makes me nervous, too, Danika, because I have a hard time typing fast! It will be wonderful, though; I miss you all so much and would love to relive some magical moments! :goodvibes

No worries about chat! Didn't you all said you were going to take the plunge? Remember, it'll go by slower because it won't have as many people in the room like during Wednesday podcast chats. This will be a great intro!!!! :banana:

We're all sooooo glad to hear you're doing better and were able to fly home with no issues!!! We're goin on a do-over Dream cruise in October so my mom can enjoy it without injury. Guess you've got a great excuse to go on another ABD trip :woohoo:

-big Kermit cheer- WooOooOoOoooo!!!!!

ToTWoo.jpg

Hi All!

Well, I got back to stinky Jerzy at 6:10 this morning. I'm really not happy to be back. I miss everyone and sunny Cali.

I'm glad that you all had such a wonderful time on the trip. It was very special. I still get a chill thinking about the time Sara and Bonnie got to spend together, Eileen's telling us that she's not a Disney fan early in the week and then seeing her get hooked right before my eyes during the tour, etc. I'm also happy that the medical issues that unexpectedly popped up are now settling down. My best to you all as you move forward!

This was a trip filled with life lessons for so many including me. I'm glad that we had this experience and can't wait to see you again! Anyone going on 3.0? I know we talked about it briefly, but don't remember who said what. Who's going to DAP? There was also mention of an ABD reunion chat for this week. The ABD chat room is going to be filled with those planning their London trip on Thursday (the normally scheduled time). Would anyone like to get together Friday night say around 8 PM EST or is that a bad time?

Woooo Hoooo congrats!!!!

Glad to hear you got home safely... not quite the vacation you had planned but at least you were in the US when you got sick and not in a "foreign" country...

Big thumbs up to Walter and Pete too.

Lisa - you are an Angel - I know how stressful it can be having someone in the family being very sick while on holiday. Its awful! Hope she gets a good nights sleep soon...

We're all sooooo glad to hear you're doing better and were able to fly home with no issues!!! We're goin on a do-over Dream cruise in October so my mom can enjoy it without injury. Guess you've got a great excuse to go on another ABD trip :woohoo:

Your mom definitely deserves a do-over cruise! I like the ABD trip do-over idea too! :)

Glad to hear you got home safely... not quite the vacation you had planned but at least you were in the US when you got sick and not in a "foreign" country...

Big thumbs up to Walter and Pete too.

Lisa - you are an Angel - I know how stressful it can be having someone in the family being very sick while on holiday. Its awful! Hope she gets a good nights sleep soon...

We were lucky to get home on schedule, and very lucky that Paul's surgery went the best way possible and he is recovering nicely! A great deal of the credit for my strength during the trip goes to Walter and Pete and the Dreams/Podcast crew. I have lost a tremendous amount of sleep for the past few weeks...hopefully I will make it through Friday's work and get a little sleep on Saturday. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter