ABD Backstage Magic 7/31 - 8/5/11

Not that I know of, Jen. We are still in there right now though. ;) Some of us.

Nah, I'd have to get in there earlier. Gotta get to bed. I've had the insomnia problem that's been going around, and I have to be up by 5:30. I'm actually tired right now, so I should take advantage. I was just checking in on the Food & Wine Festival thread before going to bed :surfweb:

Hey Friends!!!

How is everyone's week going? I've been feeling a bit blah this week. I'm trying to get myself back into "teacher mode," but it's not going so well. Next week we get to go into our classrooms to beginning setting up for the new year. I'm excited, but having trouble getting back into a schedule. Hopefully that'll happen soon. ;)

There is a chat tonight, podcast chat, if anyone is interested. It is much, much faster than our ABD chats. One of the strategies that I always suggest is to only read the text of people you know or of a certain color (for example, pick purple and only read the text of people who type in that color). Anyone planning on stopping by?

We totally understand how you feel! We are also trying to get back into school schedule mode and it is tough! This morning Jeff printed on our welcome letters to ease into gear. Next week we'll go in to do personal setting-up before we go in for official meetings. I think that going in early makes it easier to adjust. We start after Labor Day; when do your classes start? We're here if you need to vent!! :goodvibes

Sorry we couldn't make chat! It's not because I was afraid like I used to be, but because time just didn't allow. We will check it out again. Thanks for helping me get over my fear!! :hug:

Hi all!

I came home from work today to find Marty Sklar's book on my front steps. It's beautiful! Kevin was right, though, and I'm really glad I didn't have to carry it home in my luggage.

Nikki - I chickened out on podcast chat. I had a headache, and I didn't think I could handle it for my first attempt.

Talk to you soon!

We totally understand how you feel! We are also trying to get back into school schedule mode and it is tough! This morning Jeff printed on our welcome letters to ease into gear. Next week we'll go in to do personal setting-up before we go in for official meetings. I think that going in early makes it easier to adjust. We start after Labor Day; when do your classes start? We're here if you need to vent!! :goodvibes

Sorry we couldn't make chat! It's not because I was afraid like I used to be, but because time just didn't allow. We will check it out again. Thanks for helping me get over my fear!! :hug:

Teachers go back Sept. 1. The kids aren't in until the 6th. So much to do. So little time. :)

Hi all!

I came home from work today to find Marty Sklar's book on my front steps. It's beautiful! Kevin was right, though, and I'm really glad I didn't have to carry it home in my luggage.

Nikki - I chickened out on podcast chat. I had a headache, and I didn't think I could handle it for my first attempt.

Talk to you soon!

I got my book today too! When Marty he signed it, he referenced "Jersey." :)

Great! We'll keep an eye out for the book. Anyone know when we should be expecting the photo CD from ABD?

I was wondering that myself, Jen. I remember Kevin saying about three weeks after we get back, if I am remember correctly. It should be here soon! I can't wait! :thumbsup2

Greetings Everyone!!! Well life has been pretty CrAzY since we have been home... New job location, had to hire 6 people.. being short handed pretty much stinks..especially when you are the boss :sad2: but it is all coming together slowly but surely! I am sure being lazy today! Leah is at work so i am hanging out in front of the tv & computer with my big cup of coffee-->:surfweb:
yep thats me ! LOL...

Anyways.. when can we have another chat? That sure was fun! We couldn't make the pod cast chat b/c we had a dinner to attend, but will try to show up this week! Counting down the days to Food & Wine! We just got back, but we are sure ready for another vacation! :rotfl:

We also got our books and they are beautiful.. Can't wait to get the CD's !!!! Im sure that is going to be an emotional day watching those!!! LOL Miss everyone and hope you all have a WoNdErFuL week!! :cheer2: Talk to all of you soon!

XOXO

Hi Adventurers!!

Would anyone want to get together for another reunion chat tomorrow (Tuesday) night around 8 PM EST? I thought it might get others involved who couldn't make it on a Friday night. :goodvibes

We probably won't make it on Tuesday night, and Friday nights have been nuts lately too. Paul's doing dramatically better and even braved a few rides when we went up to WDW to see a few friends this past weekend. I wouldn't have tried it so close to surgery :scared1:, but he's feeling pretty good!

We got our books just before we left town for the weekend, so haven't had a chance to look at them much yet. Such a wonderful thing to have from the trip!!! And with two of them in a box, we are ever more grateful not to have carried them home. I'd definitely have been paying extra baggage fees. :rotfl2:

Leah works late but I can try to make it tomorrow night if that's when everyone else can make it. :)

I've got chat on the calendar for 8:00 tomorrow. Have a feeling I'll prefer just our group vs. the madness. Tonight got hijacked - my dad's car wouldn't start in the metro parking garage, so we had a fun evening of trying to jump it, then calling AAA, then realizing the starter was bad, and finally got it towed. Home just in time to go to bed :sad2:

Tuesdays are my day off! And No more Wed having to be at work at 5:00am, I should be good to join in. I wil be late, as 8:00 is my kids bed time and Ben doesnt seem to think he needs to go to sleep till its dark, there are usually several return visits to put him back in his bed. So as soon as they are down, I will pop on.

At home having a nice drink after today's shaking. At least I wasn't in the elevator when it happened like a co-worker. We had to find someone who could drive her home because she was so (no pun intended) shaken up :scared1:

So, I should be free for chat tonight. And can we encourage Corey to look into a non-flash version of chat? While I'm perturbed by Apple's arrogance, I do prefer to surf from the couch on my iPad. I sit at a computer desk all day at work! :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter