ABD Backstage Magic 2/20 - 2/25/11 *** Close to Selling Out***

My husband and I will be going. We have an annual pass to WDW but have not been to Disneyland. Seems like this is a great introduction. I did the backstage tour with Pete and Walter in June 2010 and I recognize some of the names. We are about 6 hours from LA so we may drive. Does anyone know how this tour would work with a car? Also thinking about adding a few days on both sides. In June 2010 I stayed at the Howard Johnson's across the street. It was no frills, walking distance, and acceptable.

When driving, you can park your car at the Grand Californian at no charge.

ABD will provide transfers from the hotel at 1:00pm on the day your Adventure begins.

If you have other questions, you caN reach me at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

We are about 6 hours from LA so we may drive. Does anyone know how this tour would work with a car?

The ABD FAQ web page states that you may park your car at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and that they will take you by bus to the start of the tour in Hollywood.

I hope this helps.

4) If I am already in Southern California, can I drive my own vehicle and meet the group on Day 1 of the trip?

For those driving a vehicle on Day 1 of your trip, you may self-park at the Grand Californian Hotel as we offer one coach transfer from the Grand Californian Hotel to the Renaissance Hotel. Your vehicle will then be available for pick-up at the Grand Californian Hotel at the end of your vacation. A guest may also pick up a transfer from LAX by meeting at Terminal 7, United Airlines at Noon by the Baggage Claim Information Desk and this can be arranged through your Concierge Agent as well.

My husband and I will be going. We have an annual pass to WDW but have not been to Disneyland. Seems like this is a great introduction. I did the backstage tour with Pete and Walter in June 2010 and I recognize some of the names. We are about 6 hours from LA so we may drive. Does anyone know how this tour would work with a car? Also thinking about adding a few days on both sides. In June 2010 I stayed at the Howard Johnson's across the street. It was no frills, walking distance, and acceptable.

Welcome to the group!

My wife and I had our first visit to Disneyland this past April with the first DIS Backstage Adventure, and it was a great way to see Disneyland for the first time.

On this trip we already have added days to both ends of our trip, to correct the mistake we made last time, when we left for home the day the adventure was completed.

Please add another Michael to the list. I just sent in my request to Kevin and I will be sharing a room with stitchlover.

This is gonna be awesome!

Go ahead and add my name too! I've booked a single, but I hope to have a roommate join my reservation at some point.

- Lindsay

Just a reminder....

If you have submitted a request today or intend to submit one tomorrow.....I will be booking these on Monday.

That being said...please do not fret or worry...your space is reserved.

No worries, here:littleangel:! You're more than entitled to enjoy your weekend, Kevin! Thank you so much for all your help & advice. :goodvibes

Welcome to everyone who has just signed up. Our group is starting to fill in!

Jen - We met on the Backstage tour last year. It will be great to meet your husband and spend time with you again. You won't be able to say you haven't been to Disneyland anymore. :-) Michael and I will also be driving down. We are planning on staying two days on both ends of the trip.

How many people are going on Podcast 2.0 cruise in December?

It's a great day to be alive,
Carol

Welcome to everyone who has just signed up.

Thanks! Really excited to be able to join everyone for the trip. :wave:

I won't be on the Podcast cruise. The "baby" (almost 15 years old) will be in school at that time and that is my husband's busy time of the year at the office. So I will have to be content with the February trip. :rotfl:

Actually of the two the ABD is the one I really wanted to go on! Hope all of you on the cruise have a wonderful time. Can't wait to meet all of you in February.

OKay....I dont want to freak out the folks that have submitted requests today (but wont get booked till Monday). You folks are FINE.

But the February 20 - 25th Backstage Magic Adventure is getting close to be sold out.

WOOHOO!!!!

Welcome to everyone who has just signed up. Our group is starting to fill in!

Jen - We met on the Backstage tour last year. It will be great to meet your husband and spend time with you again. You won't be able to say you haven't been to Disneyland anymore. :-) Michael and I will also be driving down. We are planning on staying two days on both ends of the trip.

It's a great day to be alive,
Carol

I'll be sailing! It's my very first cruise.

I spent the day today at the Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet and heard Margaret Kerry, Bob Gurr and David Lesjak speak. Margaret Kerry was the figure model for Tinkerbell, and gave a fantastic talk which concluded with her reading out loud from Peter Pan. She was a comedienne and dancer as well as an actress and was in 129 episodes of The Three Stooges, among other things. If you ever have a chance to see her, run there. She was completely delightful and funny and her reading of the story was magical.

David Lesjak had a terrific presentation on the history of the Hyperion Studios, with lots of very cool pictures. He succeeded in giving a real sense of the experiences of a time when the Studios were constantly expanding.

Bob Gurr is a rock star. He is hilarious and smart, and it was fantastic to sit and hear him talk about working with Walt and John Hench and all the other amazing early crew, and describing his own experiences with designing so many of the quintessential things about the attractions and parks. I can't wait to see him again!

The Mouse Meet was a totally sweet event. Bonus = Dole Whip concession!

Mike and Suzette, I am glad the two of you worked out being roommates together so that you can both make the trip! Looking forward to meeting the two of you......and everyone else who has signed on.

Rose and I were originally going on PCC 2.0, but had to cancel. I am going with family members in May on a cruise on the new Disney Dream and could not afford 2 cruises within 5 months of each other.

Have you all noticed that [so far] we have 3 Mike/Michaels going on the Feb. trip?

Bannermouse

To answer the question about PCC 2.0, I won't be attending. I really wanted to do the cruise; I literally shrieked when the podcast announced that Jodi Benson would be there. But I didn't see myself enjoying that as a solo parent with a preschooler, as DH will be on a work trip.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in February!

In case you don't already have me as a Facebook friend, here's a link to my page if you'd like to friend me.

Please send a note along with the request that you're from the DIS or on ABD! Thanks!

Kevin,

I am starting to look at my airfare. I see that they say you need to be at LAX no later than 1pm. If you arrive earlier is there more than one shuttle to the hotel during the day or do you end up hanging out at LAX waiting? Is that a stupid question?

The arrival time options for me are 10:10, 11:20 and 12:25. I'm leaning toward taking the flight that gets me there at 11:20 just in case there is a delay, etc.

Thanks for any information you can provide me.

Suzette

Kevin,
I see that they say you need to be at LAX no later than 1pm.

1pm? Really. :scared1: That means I will be taking a 5:30am flight out of the airport that is 1.5 hours away from my house. To say I will be tired, is a bit of an understatement :rotfl:

Ah, the joys of living in the pseudo-rural south!

Pure-excitement will see me through, I'm sure! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter