ABD Backstage Magic 2/20 - 2/25/11 *** Close to Selling Out***

We just booked 2 additional nights at the Grand Californian using DVC points at 22 points a night which is a lot better than their cash rate. Booked Friday and Saturday, the 25th and 26th of Feb. Will leave for home on Sunday, the 27th. Havn't decided whether or not to add on a day at the beginning of the trip.

We did the same thing! We tried to book DVC pre-trip, but there wasn't much availability due to the Presidents Day Weekend. My wife is researching options since we do plan to arrive a day or two early. I was surprised that Disney didn't offer special rates for pre and post ADB hotel rooms.

It's going to be so much fun!!

Hey, fellow ABD'ers! :wave2:

It sounds like we all had the same idea! Jimmy & I booked the two nights after the trip (2/25-2/26) using DVC points, also! AND, we also tried to get the night before, but had to waitlist it! The only problem with the waitlist is that I'd like to be able to book our airfare sooner rather than later! I guess we'll give it another month or two and then make our final decision. Michael, let me know if you guys come across a good deal for those pre-trip nights!

Wow - great minds think alike.

To my fellow pre-planners, I just got off the phone with DVC. We could each get the 18th but the 19th looks doubtful. There is nothing available. I even asked about a 2 bedroom or Grand Villa thinking we could share but no availability.

One option for the pre-trip is to go the Disneyland Hotel or Paradise Pier on DVC points but it is a more expensive point choice and has more cancelation restrictions. The rooms go for 34 points a night at Disneyland Hotel and 31 points a night at Paradise Pier. The reservations for these rooms has just become available this week so I suppose we all need to make decision.

I know for me that I will not do GC for the 18th and then move for the 19th and then move again to join the ABD trip but I guess that is also an option.

I would be curious to know what you choice. Michael and I will be discussing this tonight.

Hope to hear from you soon.
It's a great day to be alive,

Carol

Just a little more information.

I have priced the Disneyland Resort hotels for cash prices. I have used Disney.com and CostcoTravel and AAA. I even tried the Entertainment Book. Here is what I am getting as a result.

Grand Californian approx $445/night plus taxes
Disneyland Hotel no availability showing on any of the sites
Paradise Pier approx $290/night plus taxes

Remember this is California so the taxes can definately add up.

In the past Michael and I have stayed at some of the no frills small hotels which are just outside of Disneyland. They are within walking distance or in my case scooter distance. They are currently showing availability and are pricing in the $150 or so a night price range. They are no frills but we have found them to be clean and workable. If this is something you would like more info on we could give you a couple names of places we have stayed.

Hope this info helps.

Carol

Just a little more information.

I have priced the Disneyland Resort hotels for cash prices. I have used Disney.com and CostcoTravel and AAA. I even tried the Entertainment Book. Here is what I am getting as a result.

Grand Californian approx $445/night plus taxes
Disneyland Hotel no availability showing on any of the sites
Paradise Pier approx $290/night plus taxes

Remember this is California so the taxes can definately add up.

In the past Michael and I have stayed at some of the no frills small hotels which are just outside of Disneyland. They are within walking distance or in my case scooter distance. They are currently showing availability and are pricing in the $150 or so a night price range. They are no frills but we have found them to be clean and workable. If this is something you would like more info on we could give you a couple names of places we have stayed.

Hope this info helps.

Carol

Hi Carol!

We were thinking of looking into some of the 'good neighbor' hotels, but there are so many!! If you could recommend a couple of nice, clean places, I would really appreciate it! I think we're going to go that route for now. I REALLY want to try to get out there a day or two early, just as extra added insurance against any possible storms that might pop up - Storms during Presidents weekend are notorious around here!

Thanks! :)

I'm not on this trip but lurking....

I have stayed in this hotel in 2006 and it was clean.
The staff was very helpful and it's so close that you can walk.
Their rates are great!!!

I don't believe that the prices go further then December 2010 but maybe you can send them an email when the rates do come out or if they already take reservations for 2011.
http://www.anaheimplazahotel.com/

Hope this helps!!

I'm not on this trip but lurking....

I have stayed in this hotel in 2006 and it was clean.
The staff was very helpful and it's so close that you can walk.
Their rates are great!!!

I don't believe that the prices go further then December 2010 but maybe you can send them an email when the rates do come out or if they already take reservations for 2011.
http://www.anaheimplazahotel.com/

Hope this helps!!

Thanks Yvet! We'll definitely check it out!

I think we need to convince Yvette and Emiel to go with us on this Adventure.
:thumbsup2

Sounds like a plan to me! We can't have a party without them!! ;)

It isn't very hard to convince us.:love:
I would go with you guys in a heartbeat there is only one BUT....

You all have to pay for our trip (because we simply don't have the money for this ABD).
So if you come up with a little less then $9000 ($8983 to be exact)
WE ARE DEFINITIVE IN!!!

A couple of the no thrills motels that we have stayed at are the Tropicana and also the Carousel. They are located directly across the street from Disneyland on the Bus Terminal side, the opposite side of Downtown Disney. They are definately in walking distance and in the morning it is quite the stroller parade from all these motels to the Park. We have found them to be relatively inexpensive and clean. Both have website if you want to learn more about them.

Hope that helps.

Carol

Add us to the list, we just signed up for our return tour (we were on Ver 1.0 in April)!

Believe me this is a great trip, can't wait to have even more adventures this time around!

Frank and Cathy Giordano

Add us to the list, we just signed up for our return tour (we were on Ver 1.0 in April)!

Believe me this is a great trip, can't wait to have even more adventures this time around!

Frank and Cathy Giordano

Woohoo! So glad you'll be there!!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

My husband and I will be going. We have an annual pass to WDW but have not been to Disneyland. Seems like this is a great introduction. I did the backstage tour with Pete and Walter in June 2010 and I recognize some of the names. We are about 6 hours from LA so we may drive. Does anyone know how this tour would work with a car? Also thinking about adding a few days on both sides. In June 2010 I stayed at the Howard Johnson's across the street. It was no frills, walking distance, and acceptable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter