A YOLO Adventure: Royal Graduation Celebration! TRIP VIDEO! UPDATED 9/24/14 !!!

Awe man, I totally didn’t realize I’d missed updates! Uggggh what a rough start to the trip!! 2 hours on the tarmac is just not cool! At least you didn’t have a connection to make, that’d be rough!

Nice sign shot!! Love it!! And I totally agree with the new dme video, it’s just a giant ad, moreso than the old one and it’s nowhere near as good or exciting! LOVE riverside, we were originally staying there for our May trip too, but changed when our dates changed! One day we’ll get back there lol! Love the royal rooms, what a nice upgrade!

Love wpe for dinner!! And yay for Hollywood! 4 rides ina row on tot is amazing!! Looks like a ton of fun!!

Love walking into MK, it truly is coming home, that place is just so amazing! JC is awesome! LOVE it! Ah dream along, the truly magical show Ahahahaha! We got the red card a TON too this trip, it seemed like every attraction we went in to jenna got the red card!

Looks like a lovely afternoon/morning so far in MK, full of lots of fun and food! The best! Lol. CHH is a great place for food too, and that cobbler looks AMAZING! YUM! Lol, I apparently have a pin set to my acct and seriously have no clue what it is anymore lol

When I was growing up, our family ALWAYS stopped to eat at Cosmic Ray's. It wasn't until I started reading TRs on DIS around 2007 that I read about Columbia Harbour House. During our next trip, I was insistent that we try a new place instead of thinking WDW only had burgers and chicken (even though I do still love them!). It didn't happen that trip; so sad! But when we went again, I said it was a requirement, and we were WOW-ED! We ALWAYS eat there now. Such great variety, and eating upstairs where it's quieter and where we can people watch is the best. I still haven't tried dessert there though since we're never on the dining plan, but I feel as if THAT will be my next requirement!

YAYYYY for the new trip video! The videos of you guys and the bosox videos are by far the BEST ones that I can watch over and over when I need some Disney magic and some smiles.

I absolutely love reading the YOLO trip reports. I am usually a lurker, but I decided I would start commenting!

The trip sounds awesome so far! And congratulations on graduating! And have fun on your DCP. Mine was a blast!

Great update! I love all the photos. Poor Alicia! Sunglasses are kind of a necessity in Florida aren't they? That lobster roll looks really good... I'll have to try out Columbia Harbour House next time.

I love Columbia Harbour House. I eat there at least once every trip. The chicken and/or fish is my meal of choice. The tuna sandwich is good also. And I have to eat upstairs by the window. Fortunately I have been able to secure that window seat every time. I have never tried to pull that sword out of that rock. I guess because I don't know what I'd do with it after I pulled it out. There don't seem to be many damsels in distress these days; nor dragons either. My wife also has the "hots" for Johnny Depp. Me, I like older women. Like Myrtle Fargate from All My Children. Of course she's dead now. But for a while I had my dreams. Keep those updates coming. Enjoying the "dickens" out of this report.

Count me as one of the Columbia Harbor House lovers :thumbsup2! Unfortunately we didn't get to eat there this trip. And what a great video. You guys look like you had so much fun! Great song choices too.

You guys got a lot done at MK...I am always a huge fan of the Jungle Cruise! What else did you put down for your dream jobs? I have never been to CHH, glad you guys enjoyed it though!

WOW! Another YOLO trip report, and a new writer. Some one who looks very much like blond Brittany, only different! Great start and congrats to all on your graduations!!!

Awe man, I totally didn’t realize I’d missed updates! Uggggh what a rough start to the trip!! 2 hours on the tarmac is just not cool! At least you didn’t have a connection to make, that’d be rough!

Nice sign shot!! Love it!! And I totally agree with the new dme video, it’s just a giant ad, moreso than the old one and it’s nowhere near as good or exciting! LOVE riverside, we were originally staying there for our May trip too, but changed when our dates changed! One day we’ll get back there lol! Love the royal rooms, what a nice upgrade!

Love wpe for dinner!! And yay for Hollywood! 4 rides ina row on tot is amazing!! Looks like a ton of fun!!

Love walking into MK, it truly is coming home, that place is just so amazing! JC is awesome! LOVE it! Ah dream along, the truly magical show Ahahahaha! We got the red card a TON too this trip, it seemed like every attraction we went in to jenna got the red card!

Looks like a lovely afternoon/morning so far in MK, full of lots of fun and food! The best! Lol. CHH is a great place for food too, and that cobbler looks AMAZING! YUM! Lol, I apparently have a pin set to my acct and seriously have no clue what it is anymore lol

Yes! I feel like there was just soo many people while we were there that they probably were heavy on the red cards. If I could eat only that cobbler for the rest of my life and continuously go on tot I would die happy. Also remembering your pin is a big pain in the butt! But I feel like it is good security while you are on vacation.

When I was growing up, our family ALWAYS stopped to eat at Cosmic Ray's. It wasn't until I started reading TRs on DIS around 2007 that I read about Columbia Harbour House. During our next trip, I was insistent that we try a new place instead of thinking WDW only had burgers and chicken (even though I do still love them!). It didn't happen that trip; so sad! But when we went again, I said it was a requirement, and we were WOW-ED! We ALWAYS eat there now. Such great variety, and eating upstairs where it's quieter and where we can people watch is the best. I still haven't tried dessert there though since we're never on the dining plan, but I feel as if THAT will be my next requirement!

YAYYYY for the new trip video! The videos of you guys and the bosox videos are by far the BEST ones that I can watch over and over when I need some Disney magic and some smiles.

YES! The cobbler is to die for! We actually ended up hiding out in the upstairs later in the trip. Cosmic Ray's is probably my last resort in food when it comes to Disney because Sonny Eclipse scares me so much! Sam really does such a great job at the video. I watch it over and over when I need a good laugh too :)

I absolutely love reading the YOLO trip reports. I am usually a lurker, but I decided I would start commenting!

The trip sounds awesome so far! And congratulations on graduating! And have fun on your DCP. Mine was a blast!

Yes! Please do I love to hear what other people have to say! I'm glad to hear stories of great experiences on the DCP. It makes me feel very confident about my life choice.

:goodvibes This is my first YOLO Trip Report and I'm excited to read more!!!

Woohoo! Please do continue to read! We are a bunch of goofs that love to have a good time.

Great update! I love all the photos. Poor Alicia! Sunglasses are kind of a necessity in Florida aren't they? That lobster roll looks really good... I'll have to try out Columbia Harbour House next time.

It was seriously so delicious and perfect cold dish for that hot day. Sunglasses really are a necessity. I often bring more than 2 pairs on trips because my blue eyes are so weak!

I love Columbia Harbour House. I eat there at least once every trip. The chicken and/or fish is my meal of choice. The tuna sandwich is good also. And I have to eat upstairs by the window. Fortunately I have been able to secure that window seat every time. I have never tried to pull that sword out of that rock. I guess because I don't know what I'd do with it after I pulled it out. There don't seem to be many damsels in distress these days; nor dragons either. My wife also has the "hots" for Johnny Depp. Me, I like older women. Like Myrtle Fargate from All My Children. Of course she's dead now. But for a while I had my dreams. Keep those updates coming. Enjoying the "dickens" out of this report.

I was considering that tuna sandwich if my heart hadn't been set on the lobster, and I swear I will continue to try and pull the sword until I am convinced I am not the chosen one.

Count me as one of the Columbia Harbor House lovers :thumbsup2! Unfortunately we didn't get to eat there this trip. And what a great video. You guys look like you had so much fun! Great song choices too.

I did not know it was so popular! Thank you! We usually have a great debate about the song choices.

You guys got a lot done at MK...I am always a huge fan of the Jungle Cruise! What else did you put down for your dream jobs? I have never been to CHH, glad you guys enjoyed it though!

I do have a lot of dream jobs. I really enjoy the Jungle Cruise and of course the Great Movie Ride. Sam and I were also hoping for BBB or Pirates League! We just can't help our love for kids. We take it with us everywhere we go.

Great trip report so far! I'm taking a graduation trip in December!!

Oh gosh that's so exciting, Congrats! I hear it is pretty holiday gorgeous at that time! I can't wait to experience it first hand.

WOW! Another YOLO trip report, and a new writer. Some one who looks very much like blond Brittany, only different! Great start and congrats to all on your graduations!!!

Thank you!! I am not one to keep things the same. I embrace change! Plus blonde is really not my color.

Beauty and Majesty

We headed over to country bears to meet up with Andy and grab a spot for Festival of Fantasy! We waited and Sam prepared to take pics with the fancy camera since we all hadn't seen it before. During this time I explained the snacks to dad because he needed to know about the dining plan symbol. I took him on a little field trip to the one of the stores in Frontierland and showed him the available options.

Then Mom posed for a mom daughter pic with me against her will.

meandmommy.jpg

While we were standing in the shade on one of the wooden platforms, this foreign family decided they were going to stand right in front of us so that we couldn't see very well. Then one of the family members stood right by the rope and blocked a little girls view. Oh boy did the mom of that little girl not like that! She immediately told the woman that HER daughter was going to see THE PARADE. They moved slightly, but still we could only get Iphone pics this time around because the fancy camera needed a better view and angles. [Don't worry folks there was no shortage of fof on this trip!] Finally it was time for the parade. It was beautiful!! The Magic Kingdom Philharmonic started us off.

mainstrtphil.jpg

Clearly Randy was loving it!!

andylovinparade.jpg

I was ready for it that's for sure.

sassyme.jpg

I love the fact the costumes were so bright and modern looking. They were really different!

IMG_9506.jpg

I also enjoyed all the new floats, with newer movies. My favorite of course was the addition of Rapunzel and Flynn!!

fof5.jpg

I just want to see the floating lanterns gleam!

fof7punz.jpg

I thought it was the cutest float and Flynn and Maximus were swinging on those giant hammers and whatnot.

fofpunz.jpg

And with every passing hour I'm so glad I left my tower!

fof8eugine.jpg

I enjoyed the fact that Disney included all the old characters with a new twist and also the newer ones like Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, and OF COURSE Anna and Elsa.

Away we go! It's a Festival of Fantasy!

fofcinder.jpg

fof2.jpg

Beauty and majesty shining magically!

fof4annaelsa.jpg

fof3naveen.jpg

Chase the wind and touch the sky!

fof13merida.jpg

fof12merida.jpg

Did someone say adventure?

fof11pete.jpg

We got no troubles, life is the bubbles!

fof9ariel.jpg

The song is so upbeat! You just have it stuck in your head for days after. What is really special about the music is that each float has it's own music from the movie that coincides with the parade music. It just sounds so perfect together, like Touch the Sky and I've got a Dream, and also favorites like Mickey Mouse Club March and Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah.

fof15bubblebutt.jpg

Oh and yes, there is a fire breathing dragon.

fof14dragon.jpg

So away we go! It's a festival of fantasy.

fof16pinoch.jpg

fof17daisysdon.jpg

fof18circ.jpg

My oh my it's a wonderful day!

fof18minniemick.jpg

After the parade we parted from Andy and went to Peter Pan’s Flight to use our fastpasses. I was parched and so was my mom, so before we used our fastpasses we located a kiosk to buy some Dasani water, which I don't like but was so thirsty from the heat! They have smart water everywhere there and that tastes way better if you have to pay for water. We made our way over to Peter Pan Fastpass where we did the double Mickey to Mickey tap, first to get in line and then second to get on, so that nobody was faking. Nothing was different really except for some fresh paint. I was expecting some good remodel, but it was the same old precious Peter Pan.

After that we took my parents through new fantasyland to look around since they had never been there. We looked at the Be Our Guest menu for later in the week and stopped at Gastons Tavern to smell the pork and look at all the manly antlers. Mom really enjoyed Gaston’s chair. After this we took a walk through storybook circus and Sam and I got sprayed by Casey jr.

storybookcircus.jpg

It felt great! Nobody wanted to join us, but sorry not sorry.

Yay!!

Love all the FoF pictures! Ya'll did good with just the iphone! I absolutely adore that parade, everything about it is so amazing with so much energy! Love it!

UGh, Dasani! I feel the same about it, I'd MUCH rather have smart water but they've increased the price to like $4 and that is just way too much for me to spend on water!!

Everybody Needs a Perry!

After admiring the new Dumbo for a hot second, we went the back way past the speedway to the Laugh Floor to our next fastpasses! The sign said a 10 min wait but the amount of people told me otherwise. We waited a decent 20 before we could go in, even with fastpasses. Once we got in dad was still wearing his funny fishing hat. This hat has a full brim all the way around and a nice chin strap. And of course this draws attention. So he was the guy that was going to buy everyone churros after the show. So funny! :rotfl2: He decided to keep the hat off after that, and he isn’t usually one to get shy. We then started to head towards Epcot for dinner. While making our way down Main Street we posed for these beautiful pics in front of the castle.

This is our "I'm moving away so we better get a family pic quick"
parents.jpg

This is our "We're best friends and we're moving to Disney!"
sassybffs.jpg

We also talked to a researcher Disney guy who asked us a bunch of questions about our lives. He just walked up to us and asked us if he could literally ask us a bunch of questions about our life and our Disney trip. So of course I had to pipe up about Sam and I doing the college program! He enjoyed this fact and then went on to ask us more questions and input the data into his fancy iPad.

researchguy.jpg

Actually Sam and I just goofed around and took pictures including that candid shot.

The man who made the impossible, possible. Daddy Walt!
daddywalt.jpg

Oh Donald you are one classy duck.
donald.jpg

Pinnochio just hanging out.
pinoch.jpg

Mom did most of the talking and answering random demographic questions. Then we looked through the shops on the way out, really just to grab some AC and preplan our future purchases. There are always so many people in the Emporium with the same idea, it is just so crowded with limited space to move! I mean people really love their Disney Merch “NO WAY I SAW THAT PILLOW PET FIRST”

I looked at my beloved Perry plush, which I did not buy, although I think he is soo cute! So soft and blue green. I was actually looking at the Perry whoopee cushion and proceeded to ‘show’ my mom. She did not find it amusing at all which in turn made me crack up and do it again! My nephews love Phineas and Ferb so I have watched an abundance of episodes in my day. I still think it is funny.

Silly Dad. This is why I am a goof...

IMG_9375.jpg

Mom needed to make a work phone call so Dad, Sam, and I stood in the middle of the square in the front of Main Street and watched the flag lowering ceremony. The orchestra played God Bless America. Dad was a Marine, and my parents are refugees from Hungary, so he is very patriotic and is always interested in patriotic things, and therefore so am I. It was nice tribute to see that many people often miss, even if it is just to see the Dapper Dans who make an appearance. We made our way up to the monorail after I guzzled down another Smart water as a dad snack since my parents forget they have available snacks to use. This was a fact: We were all seriously dehydrated and parched. To try to push this fact out of our minds we discussed how terrified/excited Sam was to enjoy the upcoming meal, which I had consumed many a time. Off to the world showcase we go!​

Nice FoF pics! Lol about your Dad's hat. I know what you mean about the Emporium, I think World of Disney is like that too; people snatch stuff up like "my precioussss!". Its too funny. I always end up buying a plush (or 2!) on Disney trips.

Beautiful F of F pics. I have always wanted to be the buy churros or "that guy". I guess I need a floppy hat!

Subbing in!! Can't wait to read your trip report!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

What a spectacular trip report! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and will definitely be reading more YOLO reports. Congrats on your graduations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter