A YOLO Adventure: Royal Graduation Celebration! TRIP VIDEO! UPDATED 9/24/14 !!!

Brittany5643

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! And welcome to today's big celebration!

We're going to have party like one you’ve never seen before!
So much anticipation, just feel it in the air, a magical occasion for everyone to share!
Join the party, a castle party. You’re all invited to come enjoy the fun! So let's get started so much to do and join the party where dreams really do come true!

Get ready for the magic, a spectacle beyond compare. There's romance and adventure, there's laughter and much more. With our imaginations, imagine what's in store!

Join the party, a YOLO party, you're all invited to come and join the fun. So let's get started, so much to do. Come join the party, where dreams really do come true!

The YOLO crew has so much to celebrate on this trip. Sam, Andy, and I have just graduated from college and our dreams are coming true: We are about to start our DCP! :cool1:

This time I have the pleasure of sharing our most recent adventure with you.

So who's who in this crew?

Brittany

BrittGrad.jpg

My love for Disney started when I was only 6 months old and my parents moved my family from California to Buffalo and we took a little detour to Walt Disney World. We have been going back every other year since then! I hope to be a teacher one day because I love learning and I love kids, now that I have my degree. I dance, teach dance, and work at a daycare, jobs I love. I am so excited to be living my dream and moving to Florida in a few months.

Samantha

Samgflo.jpg

Sam is one of my very best friends. We met in math class freshman year of college and have been friends ever since. I am lucky to have a best friend who loves Disney just as much as I do, if not more! She's a dancer, teaches dance, and works at a daycare when not obsessing over Disney. Like she always tells me, we live the same life because we are the same person. She also has her degree in teaching and hopes to teach little ones someday. Until then we will share more of life's adventures, together.

Alicia

Alish.jpg

Alicia is Sam's older sister whom she adores. They are best friends and sisters at the same time and it is lovely to see. She is living life as a Disney princess and I am so happy to have met her the week before our first YOLO trip (although she insists it was on the trip that we met :rotfl:). She shares the disney obsession and is now a full-time Disney employee. She has a degree in theater and is just a person who is always full of life and fun to be around.

Andy - Randy

Andy.jpg

Randy (Andy is his real name but we call him Randy for some reason) is Alicia's fiance. His love of Disney began only after joining the Burning Clan. He recently moved to FLorida with Alicia and is now a cast member. He doesn't always like to dance, or engage in our frivolous activities, but he is always up for a Disney adventure! He has a degree in accounting and often says funny things that keeps the YOLO crew laughing.

Mom and Dad (aka Debbie and Andy)

Momanddad.jpg

My mom and dad are beautiful people that fostered my love for Disney, magic, and dreams. They have always encouraged me to pursue my dreams and life's adventures. Mom is the one that started it all with a special love for disney that began in Disneyland, since we lived in California when I was little. She then took my brother and sister to Disney World circa 1980s, and then she brought dad along in the coming years. Ever since then they have filled our house with Mickey and continue to take me back to share the magic as a family.

Group24hr.jpg

The Deets:
May 19, 2014 - May 28, 2014
Port Orleans Riverside

So let's get started so much to do and join the party where dreams really do come true!

princess:princess:princess:princess:princess:

Subbing in!!! Gonna catch up on it later!! :) Can't wait to read all about it!

Congrats on your graduation. Can't wait to read all the details...

Congrats to you all!! Hope you all love the DCP and can't wait to hear all about your trip.

I started out reading Alicia's trip reports, then Sam's, and now that the torch has been passed yet again I will follow along on this well lit YOLO path. Congratulations on your college graduation and your DCP. Looking forward to the tale you have to tell. I do hope there is some planking involved.

Subbing! Love reading all the YOLO trip reports. Exciting to hear all about your DCP adventures! :)

Yay for another YOLO trip report! I'm so excited to read about your adventures!

Table of Contents, where I post the links to the updates to this trip report, is located at the bottom of the first post :)

Subbing! Love reading all the YOLO trip reports. Exciting to hear all about your DCP adventures! :)

Thanks! We will have plenty more adventures to share in the fall!

I started out reading Alicia's trip reports, then Sam's, and now that the torch has been passed yet again I will follow along on this well lit YOLO path. Congratulations on your college graduation and your DCP. Looking forward to the tale you have to tell. I do hope there is some planking involved.

Thanks so much! There is quite an abundance of planking in this trip. I believe you will enjoy it.

Congrats to you all!! Hope you all love the DCP and can't wait to hear all about your trip.

Thank you! We are so excited we wish it would come sooner!

Subbing! Can't wait to read about it after hearing about it on Alicia's twitter.

Yes! Counting down the hours of the 24 hour day via twitter!

Congrats on your graduation. Can't wait to read all the details...

Thanks!!

Subbing in!!! Gonna catch up on it later!! :) Can't wait to read all about it!

Yay! Yay! It's a good one :)

We're on our Way!
May 19, 2014

I woke up at 8:30 even though my alarm was set to 9. I was just too excited to sleep! My parents were busy getting ready. Mom left for the bank to put away the valuables and dad went to get a haircut. Except he doesn't have hair.. so that went quick!

IMG_9311.jpg

After we were all ready and everything packed to just about the limit we were ready to leave. Just like me, mom is an overpacker.

Overpacker - Someone who knows they do not need as many items as they pack for a trip but does it anyways 'just in case.'

Except then I forgot my iPad. And then mom forgot her money. And then dad forgot his glasses. We had to go back in the house 3 times. Then we were ready! Just kidding! Like mother like daughter, we had to stop at the bank one last time to make sure everything was safely away. Then we were on our way to get Sam!

We drove to Sam's and her gma drove our car to the airport. That way we could leave the car in their driveway for the week. They are so good to us!
Sam struggled with the confirmation number because grandma lied to her! So she had to use her debit card of all things to get her boarding pass and check her bags. We made it to security and then tsa man yelled at us about shoes. He said "can't you read!?" So rude! Then we walked to Which Wich and got some Sammys. Breakfast sandwiches for all of us! They are delicious sandwiches that are made from the choices you indicate on the sandwich bag.

IMG_9317.jpg

Sam was definitely more excited than she seems!

IMG_9315.jpg

We boarded our flight and then bad things happened. We sat on the airplane for 2 hours! The people (pilot, copilot, flight attendants) kept telling us it would only be a few more minutes before the mysterious scratches on the door were checked out. The mechanic was on another run apparently and there were only two in the area. So we used the complimentary Wifi to watch TV while we waited.

IMG_9322.jpg

IMG_9319.jpg

Quick leaving day selfie... WARNING: One of many.

IMG_9321.jpg

So our 2 hour 8 min flight (time check courtesy of Sam) turned into 5 hours and we landed at 5:07 instead of 3:30. The good news was we got a free flight! Just kidding. Only veggie flavored wheat thins and a song when getting off the flight that said "if you marry one of us you fly for free!" :rotfl2:

We quickly got off the plane, took a potty stop, and headed for the Mickey Bus!

I'm in! Congratulations on graduating! I just got home from my trip last night so I'm really excited to read yours :)

Overpacker - Someone who knows they do not need as many items as they pack for a trip but does it anyways 'just in case.'

I definitely share this trait!

Good start. Such a pain that you had to wait so long for the plane to get checked but you got there in the end. And better safe than sorry right?

I'm in! Congratulations on graduating! I just got home from my trip last night so I'm really excited to read yours :)

I definitely share this trait!

Thank you! Please do live vicariously through this trip report like you never left! I sometimes wish I was not an overpacker because it can be a pain. But you always know you are ready for anything when you bring your whole closet on vacation.

Good start. Such a pain that you had to wait so long for the plane to get checked but you got there in the end. And better safe than sorry right?

It just got to be annoying that we were sitting at the gate not knowing when we were going to leave and not being able to get out of our seats. But yes I would rather wait and have a safe plane ride!

Subbing in! Can't wait to read about all of your YOLO adventures.

Yay! Welcome!

Hello! I'm here and excited to read about all your fun!!

Wahoo! There is plenty of fun to go around!

The Undisputed Vision of Happiness

We got on the magical express real quick and then waited forever for the rest of the people.

mesign.jpg

Of course we took the front seat so we would have a magical view of that Walt Disney World sign.

wdwsign.jpg

The parents slept a little bit on the ride, since we were the last stop, opposite order of that tricky sign. We also watched the new Magical Express video now known as DME TV. I was not impressed whatsoever. I couldn't even focus enough on the video to pay attention to what it was telling us.

momanddadME.jpg

We were in cahoots with Alicia to get ourselves checked in. She told us that she was driving with Andy and would meet us at the resort. When we got to Port Orleans Riverside, we met the rest of our YOLO crew and gave hugs to Randy first, then Alish.

portorleans.jpg

We got in the online check in line and checked in with Charles. Lucky for us, and thanks to Alish, we were upgraded to a Royal Room! We were so excited!!

We then walked to our room to get rid of all our carry ons before dinner. We ended up walking around the mansion the wrong way until we had walked around the whole building without finding our room. But eventually after many twists and turns we located our royal sleeping arrangements. Everything was so royal!! Lighted headboards with fireworks and even a magic carpet. The border was royal with disney characters and there was even a royal throne :rotfl2:. All the curtains were nicely royal as well.

headboard.jpg

Entrance for the Royal Throne Room:

throneroom.jpg

Oh hey Alish! Posing with her favorite princess.

princessalishinroom.jpg

Royal Bedspread

royalbedspread.jpg

We dropped our bags and headed for a ride on the root beer river. Aka the Sassagoula River Boat.

sassagoula.jpg

We headed downtown in search of some delicious disney food we'd been craving all day. We played a nice game on the boat where we had to be the 'undisputed vision of happiness' and we yelled and cheered at every boat that passed. Cast member Reed made this boat ride so fun!

Looking a little rough from that 5 hour plane debacle.

riverboat.jpg

We were dropped off at Pleasure Island due to the construction of all the new shops and whatnot. We walked right to Basin so mom could experience the exfoliating salt. She loved it, and so did we. It just makes your hands so soft and it smells so good! The plan was to go try some Disney food trucks, but we decided we were too tired to walk to the other end of Pleasure Island for the food trucks after seeing the World Showcase of Flavors and the Superstar Catering truck didn't have dining plan options. They might take dining plan credits but we didn't stop to ask. So we walked to Wolfgang instead. Mom got the Spaghetti Bolognese

bolonase.jpg

Sam and dad got the Cavatappi Chicken Alfredo

alfredo.jpg

Alish and I got the BBQ pizza

bbqpizza.jpg

Randy got the ever popular chicken fingers. Sam raves about the Creme Brulee at Wolfgang, although her favorite is the maple variety at Le Cellier. So we all tried it as our dessert and it was DELICIOUS!

cremebrulee.jpg

No desserts for Andy and Alish since they were not on the dining plan.

wolfgang.jpg

Then we departed from the parents since they were in search of a bar and we were in search of a thrill.

We walked to the bus stop and I tricked them into running to the wrong bus stop and they followed of course. Just kidding back to stop one for Port Orleans. We discussed Andy being Hercules for Halloween while we waited. We determined he could be young Herc in hopes of playing frisbee with the other kids. :rotfl: We were making our way to Hollywood Studios because we had fastpasses for Toy Story Mania at 9:55! We missed all the other ones that we made using the My Disney Experience App weeks before.

The bus ended up going over the place! The bus driver was clearly lost because we went all the way to Caribbean Beach and back. Once we got to the Riverside we went to all the stops and that also took us forever. We finally got to Alish's car and went to Studios.

Instead of using the fastpass we went straight for Tower of Terror like you would have guessed since it is a YOLO favorite. The first time was super scary and dark for some reason. We got stuck between floors in the pitch black and the people behind us screamed and successfully scared us. We then rode it 4 more times quickly going through the line to see them ghosts! We only saw them once while in motion.

Take 1

tot.jpg

Take 2: Bad Girls Club

badgirlsclubtot.jpg

Take 3

tot3.jpg

Take 4

tot4.jpg

How we ended up in the same row every single time is beyond me and by the 3rd time a scary cast member kept trying to freak us out in the Twilight zone room. Then we headed over to RNR where there was no wait. It always gives me anxiety because we can't breathe for a second. And then Sam makes scary faces in the black light at the end. I am not a fan of Alicia's or Sam's scary black light faces therefore I have no pictures for you. It's probably better that way. We headed down Sunset Blvd. and tried to take group selfies. That did not work as well as we would have liked.

hsselfie.jpg

I then planked the car and alish moagabalooed it. Ending the night right!

plank1.jpg

We were super tired from the day at this point and the park was closing. So we parted from Alish and Randy. They took their car back to All Star Sports and we headed to Riverside where we snagged the last two seats on the bus. We took showers. Made a plan not to wake up too early since we were on a long vacation (10 days!). And closed our sleepy eyes with plans of a very magical tomorrow.

That new Magical Express video just doesn't compare. I couldn't watch it either as much as I tried, and my husband fell asleep after a few minutes of it! It just didn't seem magical at all! It felt more like a big ol' advertisement (even though I know the older one was an ad too).

Yum, the food looks delicious! We finally tried WPE on our last trip, and we have been craving it since then! Too bad I can't get that locally or I'd be cooking dinner at home a lot less, haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter