A Whole New World of Disney ~ Lia's Birthday Shore & Sea Dream Trip! UPDATED 6/24!!!!

Love the Copper and Todd pin! They don't get enough respect.

hello, I just read everything you have so far. I always say I'm going to graze my way across the WS, but i never do. Though last time I ate at three places. All of your drinks look delish, especially the dole whip with rum, yum.
How was it spending you B-day at the World? I'll be at Disneyland this year for my birthday very soon.

Love the updates!
The pictures with Goofy are too cute!! He is always a good time ::yes::

Maelstrom! I love it! Did you hear the announcement today that they are closing Maelstrom & replacing it with a Frozen themed attraction? :faint: I love Frozen but I am sad they are closing Maelstrom. It's a classic!

Can't wait to read more and to hear about your most fun day ever!

Is it too late to join in? I'm a rather long-time lurker on the boards but have read all your reports and love them! I totally get the overeating thing - they have so much good stuff during these festivals, you just need to take a break!

I also was in Disney World for my birthday last year, it was arrival day but at least I got to spend it at the Polynesian! Definitely adds some magic to the day :) Can't wait to hear about your day!

Also I have to say I love your red lipstick! Beautiful.

Lia!!!!
I'm definitely subbing to your new trip report and can't wait to hear all of your stories! Both of our trips are fast approaching- how excited are you because I'm nearly jumping out of my skin :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

NOTE: If I don't reply to your comment it is not because I don't care or something, I am ridiculously busy with work and school and literally barely have time to tie my shoes so I can't get to everyone but I read everything you guys say and I love you all!!! Please don't be offended if I don't respond to you every time. :) If I feel I have something to add then I will but otherwise just know I thank you so much for your kind words and they make me feel so happy. :goodvibes

Ohhhh, yay! A new Lia trip report!! I just love you! (In a totally non-weird way, of course!) Your "stuck in Disney" report is what got me stuck on the trip reports board and I love reading about your adventures!

Sadly, Disney magazine is no more :( Every now and then, when I'm craving a Disney fix, I'll buy one off Ebay!

I love that you made your dress! It's great!!

That's really sweet, I also love you in a non weird way for being such an avid reader. You rock.

Joining in... I loved my Disney Cruise, until I got sick so I would love to hear about your trip. I would love to have a redo. :)

Flower and Garden festival looks fun! I would also love to go to it one year, but for now I will just read your TR. :rotfl2:

I'm so sorry you got sick. Jess and I were afraid of that so we brought Dramamine and ginger candies but never had to use them, thankfully.

Awesome to see another trip report from you Lia. Both Jess and yourself seem to have the most incredible adventures. I can't wait to see your cruise section, I almost booked a cruise this year myself, but decided against it, so it will be nice to see.

I wonder what adventures Hula Timon got up to on the ship?

We do have the best adventures, don't we? :goodvibes After reading this report you will probably want to take one, trust me!

Can I just say that I love that you can go off by yourself at Disney and have amazing adventures on your own. :lovestruc

I love it! I love my friends more but it sure is wonderful just being totally free in the most magical happy place on earth.

Was it really Violent? Did it hurt you?
Just teasing. We actually were planning on naming one of our children Violet and my husband always said that during the terrible twos with all the tantrums he would call her 'Violent Violet'.

hahaha I call it that because I used to always make a typo when i'd write Violet, i'd type Violent instead and so I decided it was Quentin Tarantino's favorite lemonade. :rotfl:

Love the Copper and Todd pin! They don't get enough respect.

You are right about that. The movie is so underrated but I haven't watched it in a long time cause it makes me cry way too much.

hello, I just read everything you have so far. I always say I'm going to graze my way across the WS, but i never do. Though last time I ate at three places. All of your drinks look delish, especially the dole whip with rum, yum.
How was it spending you B-day at the World? I'll be at Disneyland this year for my birthday very soon.

Wow, that's awesome! Thanks for reading everything!

My birthday was one of the best I've ever had, you will get to read all about it soon! You are so lucky you get to be in Disneyland for yours! Have a beyond amazing day!!!

Love the updates!
The pictures with Goofy are too cute!! He is always a good time ::yes::

Maelstrom! I love it! Did you hear the announcement today that they are closing Maelstrom & replacing it with a Frozen themed attraction? :faint: I love Frozen but I am sad they are closing Maelstrom. It's a classic!

Can't wait to read more and to hear about your most fun day ever!

Yes I did hear that. I am very, very sad to see it go but I am so proud of Disney's triumph with Frozen and you just gotta accept that things change and life moves on, you know? I don't want all of World Showcase to become Fantasyland Pt 2 or anything (I know a lot of people are worried about this happening), but I think the ride is most likely going to be spectacular. I wish Maelstrom could still exist as well and I don't want all my classic Disney rides going, but like I said, life moves on.

Is it too late to join in? I'm a rather long-time lurker on the boards but have read all your reports and love them! I totally get the overeating thing - they have so much good stuff during these festivals, you just need to take a break!

I also was in Disney World for my birthday last year, it was arrival day but at least I got to spend it at the Polynesian! Definitely adds some magic to the day :) Can't wait to hear about your day!

Also I have to say I love your red lipstick! Beautiful.

Of course not! It's never too late! Thank you for reading all of my reports! I fear I will overeat again at Food & Wine in a couple weeks... oh well. :woohoo:

Birthday at the Poly sounds like HEAVEN. I am so excited to go there in a matter of days! AHH!

Thank you!

Lia!!!!
I'm definitely subbing to your new trip report and can't wait to hear all of your stories! Both of our trips are fast approaching- how excited are you because I'm nearly jumping out of my skin :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

I have jumped out of my skin. This is my skinless body talking to you now. :rotfl: But yeah, we are freaking out. I can't believe how soon it is. I've been so busy in my own little world that Disney seems so far away but it isn't!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

Oh wow, I almost forgot the insanity that was last winter. Frozen indeed.

Wow, for some reason the Flowers out front look way more intense and colourful than I remember. Just beautiful. I do miss Flower and Garden.

Aww, nothing like getting extra attention for your wardrobe especially when you actually put work into it. Love it.

Oh yeah, I would love to have a whole house full of Disney ornaments. Of course I would also love to have the money to be able to have a whole house full of Disney ornaments too. :)

Dude tell me about it. I was in Hallmark yesterday and the new Disney ornaments are amazing but so expensive. I really want this one with Mickey and Goody using an old fashioned camera... hmmm.

Another Hanson fan checking in here! I haven't seen them in concert since 2000. :( Got to meet them that year and also in 1998. Really thought I was going to marry one (Isaac was my first crush) but somehow it never happened. :sad1: I am just going to miss them at F&W since we check in October 1st.

Loving your TR so far. :) Can't wait to see what's next.

YAY Hanson fans. I am so jealous you got to see them back then. I wish. I still think I am going to marry Taylor. It's a matter of time.

Thank you!

Well this is fantastic! I was thinking about reading trip reports while I anticipate our first Disney World trip, and I stumbled on this one! I love everything!

Including your lipstick...would you mind my asking what brand/shade that is, please?

I think I was wearing a clinique chubby stick... it's hard to remember that far back. It's probably clinique cherry or something along those lines. :)

Looking around after the ride, I saw this flawless shirt that I am really mad at myself for not buying:

15131526981_b1b1a74463_o.png

UGH I LOVE IT. I hope it's still there later this month!

Gah!!! I love this shirt!!!! I hope you're able to find it again! It's amazing!!

You find the best pins! So cool that you snagged two new ones!

APRIL 8, 2014
Day 2, Part 1 In Which I Get A Happy Birthday Spittake

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOO MEMEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

15140615191_20b04933bf_b.jpg

My dream came true! I was going to Disney World on my birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't get into any pre-trip details in this TR, mostly because the story is just too involved. I was having a ROUGH time before this trip, which was part of the reason why I needed to go so badly and also why every time I fantasized about possibly going to WDW for my birthday, I pretty much just laughed at myself and brushed off the idea.

So the fact that I woke up there on my birthday is pretty incredible. Shocking, even.

I am well aware that most people, while going through a hard time, do not get to run off to Disney World. I get that I am absurdly lucky and should be thanking my lucky stars every moment of every day. I completely see that and I will never take it for granted.

But the day started out a bit gloomy. I was not really out of my rough patch yet. So when the weather forecast of rain and dark skies turned out to be extremely accurate, I was not happy. Thanks Florida!!!

Even though I remembered the obvious fact that being in Disney was amazing regardless of the weather, I was just not thrilled. ESPECIALLY because this was my one chance to see Festival of Fantasy this whole trip and a rain-out would have not been a good birthday present.

SO I was not in the best mood. And then two things happened to cheer me up. One, Jess was really drowsy and out of it this morning. We were up quite early so that we could have a full park day, both in front of the mirror in the her bathroom. I was doing my hair and Jess was brushing her teeth. I think I said something about how the weather really needed to clear up for my birthday.

Jess’s eyes got really wide and she instantly leaned forward, spit into the sink and said, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!” in the most hilarious way. Then we fell into a laughter tunnel, like I could not stop. It was so funny. She was like “*SPIT* Oh my God!!!!!!!!!! It’s your birthday!!!!!!!!! Happy birthday!” Funniest birthday wish of my life. I don’t care if I live to be a hundred, I will never ever forget that.

Once I finished getting ready, Jess still needed some time, so I sat on her bedroom floor and did another weather check on my phone. She went into her roommate Megan’s room to get something and I heard her take on the voice that people use when talking to small animals. Suddenly, Megan’s dog Quinn came RUNNING at me a hundred miles and hour and jumped all over me, giving me a million kisses! If you don’t know this about me, dogs are my #1 favorite thing in the world. The whole world, ever. Seeing or playing with a dog literally makes my entire day, you have no idea. So having Quinn rush in and overwhelm me, as if she knew it was my birthday and wanted to say so, was one of the most magical moments of the trip for me. It completely snapped me out of the little funk I was feeling, to just have this fluffy ball of joy jump all over me. It was the best. Thanks Princess Quinnifer :-*

Jess was ready and then HEY guess where we went for my birthday?!

Okay, you’re out of guesses it’s DISNEY WORLD!!! So awesome that I got to go under this magical arch on my special day!!!!!!!!!!

15159433106_7c16a6b3df_o.png

I was seriously emotional and thankful. After everything that happened, being in Disney with my friends was just… there are no words. I couldn’t believe how lucky I was!

Our first stop of the day was the one, the only… HOLLYWOOD!!!!!!!!!!

14919464776_f251335bf0_z.jpg

One thing about rainy weather, it works for Tower of Terror pictures!

14995783780_6f319c4502_o.png

So what did we do first? Rush over to Toy Story Mania and secure some fastpasses before darting to my Tower and Rock N Rollercoaster to try and beat the crowds?

NOPE.

I’m a princess. It’s my birthday.

I don’t do lines.

A very very special princess of Studios had gifted us with FASTPASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots and lots of them!!!!!!!!! That we could use anywhere in the park!!!!!!!!!!!! At any time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know who you are… THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! I can not even describe how much this SAVED my birthday. First of all, we would have been nervous wrecks trying to get to the park before opening. I definitely would have broken several bones after inevitably slipping in a puddle and falling during my morning run to Toy Story Mania. And we would have had to wait a long time for my favorite attractions or just completely miss them. We had a LOT of park hopping to do that day, and a lot of plans, and I would have gotten to do so much less without these fastpasses.

In conclusion, Disney Cast Members are absolutely wonderful people and I love them dearly forever and ever!

So instead of running off to an attraction, what did we do? Took a leisurely stroll down Hollywood Boulevard and had some photos taken. I've never had pictures taken in the morning here cause I'm always RUNNING to the mania.

14150822913_26093552ff_z.jpg

Oh look, some balloons floated over to me cause IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

13944125680_7d4d1cf610_z.jpg

YAY

13944084349_0b875390ea_z.jpg

HELP ME WITH THESE BALLOONS JESSICA

13944081657_77c19b1f8d_z.jpg

THEN we rushed over to Toy Story Mania. JK, it was time to go relax at Starring Rolls and enjoy a rousing breakfast!!!!!!!

14919464646_a9b283d868_o.jpg

DUH!!!!!!!!!!

14995690139_5b1b7909f2_o.png

If your mouth isn't watering, you may want to check your pulse. FYI.

I can’t remember what Jess got… hmm. It was probably a cherry turnover or the same thing I got, those are her favorites!

We had a really funny CM in Starring Rolls that kept playing with me cause it was my birthday. He kept acting like I was a birthday diva and was making all these demands that he just would not stand for. I asked for my cupcake and he was like “MMMMM no.” Jess and I were cracking up. Later on when I came back to get a box for my cupcake he was like, “You’re asking too much.” :rotfl: Oh, cast members. I love people who make a role like Food & Beverage fun.

While we sat and ate, we talked about our restaurant plans for the day. I wanted to eat at Sci Fi, but since we booked this trip so late, I couldn’t get a reservation. I kept trying, but it was difficult because we really had to plan the day so carefully since it was the last park day for this trip, so we needed a reservation to fit into a certain window or else it would throw everything out of whack. So I was trying to decide where I wanted my birthday dinner to be instead, but I WANTED MY SCI FI.

Jess was like, “Just try one more time.” So out came my phone, and VOILA!!!!!!! A reservation for three (Gina was coming!) for the PERFECT TIME!!!!!! We both screamed. It was so exciting, like it was just sitting there waiting for me! I was thrilled!!! Thank you, Disney Gods!

It was decided… Be Our Guest for lunch and Sci Fi for dinner! Add on the Starring Rolls breakfast and you have the most perfect birthday meal line up of all time!

It wasn't the brightest day at Studios, but it was still one of the best!

14998514067_bdf2544e7d_o.png

14998407610_5edb9be5b5_o.png

You know the first attraction of the day had to be Miiiid waaaay MANIA! I can’t say it any plaineya!!!!!!!!!!

15162054896_d71896180c_o.png

Passed that line right by, birthday princess COMIN THROUGH!

14995787870_8c08c9d463_o.png

We sat in the car of everyone’s favorite deputy… SHERIFF WOODY!!!!!!!!!

14919464476_1f34111cc3_o.jpg

BRING ON THE MANIA!!!!

14995690039_86b7885db9_o.png

Jess and I both did kind of poorly considering our expertise, however, remember that we are princesses and it was still quite early for us to be straining ourselves so.

15179441631_8bf7354578_o.png

That game hurts your arm! It’s always such a welcome pain, though. It’s like, ahhhh, my arm is killing me, my voice is hoarse from screaming… it must be Toy Story Mania. I’m in Disney. OH YEAH!!!!

*Sigh* I love us.

15179441771_d1254248d4_o.png

The next stop was, quite obviously, MY TOWER!!!!!!!! Can ya see that beauty in the distance?

14998506228_5654003806_o.png

I was so happy to be home. I know this isn’t a great phrase to keep saying when you’re writing, but… there are no words!! I just can’t describe how much this meant to me!

14755788990_95ac978402_o.jpg

This selfie is a throwback to my Halloween costume. Dead and Fancy.

15159432886_cbe2c7885b_o.png

And here’s our hot and fancy ride photo!!! LOOK AT US GO!

15241216846_61cd79d726_z.jpg

It was an extra special drop sequence… for my birthday, I think. Even Jess, who goes on this ride all the time, agreed that it was one of the best ones. I loved it because we didn’t RUSH up first and then drop. We just dropped from where we were, which is always more exciting. I also caught a glimpse of the ghost statues I mentioned in my last report! LOOK UP, people!!! I can’t say it enough. When in Disney… look up. There’s always something.

14995874638_c984e29c15_o.png

15182456245_88b349aa27_o.png

What a super hot and fancy way to start your birthday! ;) Yay for ONE WEEK left until you leave again!!! :goodvibes

I think I was wearing a clinique chubby stick... it's hard to remember that far back. It's probably clinique cherry or something along those lines. :)

Thank you so much! I'm about to pick one up just to see. I hope it has SPF! Can't wait for your next update!

What a FANTASTIC start to celebrating your birthday in Disneyworld!!
First of all, how amazing that you were able to get those FP's. Talk about some major pixie dust! CM's are just the best :goodvibes
Love the hot & fancy selfies on TSM & ToT!
Be Our Guest for lunch & Sci-Fi for dinner? I can't think of anything better or more delicious! It seems like the Disney magic was really working overtime for you that day! How amazing!

I am a little behind but back to your Epcot day, the food looks delicious. That stinks you didn't feel well, but glad that didn't last too long. I have the Pluto in the teacup pin too and love it. :)

Your birthday is starting off pretty awesome! I always have wanted to be in Disney on my bday and hopefully I can make that happen next year. My bday is Dec 30 so of course it's the most crowded Disney time ever. LOL.

Hi :wave2: I recently read through your past TRs and I must say you are the Queen of TRs :worship: Absolutely incredible! I love love love reading your TR's, they are SO fun and very entertaining.
When I saw this TR in progress, I had to jump in! Thank you so much for making such fun TRs to read! Like seriously, I love them. Did I say that already?
Anyway, just wanted to chime in and let you know you have another big fan reading along!

YAY!! Another TR!!!! I am so excited!! Although I can't comment all the time, I LOVE reading your TRs! And a BIRTHDAY TR! :woohoo: That's especially exciting to me cause we just booked a birthday trip where we'll be in Disney ON MY ACTUAL BIRTHDAY!!!! Sorry, I'll stop screaming from excitement :bitelip:

So glad you got the essential birthday breakfast snack of all birthday breakfasts! Red Velvet for the win! Very fitting! ::yes::

OH MY GAWD! This picture cracks me up!! The photo bombs to end all. Your "Hot and Fancy" topped with a lady standing on your hand. :thumbsup2 Classic!
15159432886_cbe2c7885b_o.png

I can't wait to hear more about this awesome adventure!

Hi Lia!! I joined in a bit back but I decided I'd post :wave2: Loving your updates can't wait to hear all about the cruise, I've never been on a Disney cruise I want to so bad though!! Great updates!

Hi Lia,

I was just bingeing on rereading your McLovins trip report and I came across a comment that Jess left you in 2011. She said she thought the two of you would get along great and I was like OMG FORESHADOWING! Sigh, so that was my excitement for today... you guys are The ultimate duo. I would genuinely be more excited to see you than, like, a non-Dis celebrity.

If you are working on any TV shows that are starting soon please let us know! I would watch whatever you are in. You are so entertaining and I always your old TRs when I have a bad day.

Hugs,

LittleBlue

Just arrived and caught up. Can't wait for your tr on the cruise. We did that cruise last year for our sons 4th birthday. Absolutely magical

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter