A Typo?? $.93 a night and 1.13?

I received a letter and a SHeraton Safari brochure stating that the Hi won't be open until Dec. 1st. We check in on Oct 9th. I think this should work out alright. Does anyone know if the rooms will be the same layout, I had reserved a King bed with a sofa sleeper, will they put us in a comparable room? I tried to call but couldn't get through and my call hasn't been returned, I'm sure Monica is very busy!!

TNKBELL said:
I received a letter and a SHeraton Safari brochure stating that the Hi won't be open until Dec. 1st. We check in on Oct 9th. I think this should work out alright. Does anyone know if the rooms will be the same layout, I had reserved a King bed with a sofa sleeper, will they put us in a comparable room? I tried to call but couldn't get through and my call hasn't been returned, I'm sure Monica is very busy!!

They have king rooms but it says nothing about sleeper sofas. They do have rooms that are 2 queens :confused3

I remember seeing a lady on the Today Show back in April who booked this rate for her vacation. She booked a bunch of rooms for her family. I believe she found her rate posted on All Ears Net. So the Today Show had her on to tell her tale. If you see the rate again jump on it!!! :sunny:

Has anyone used thier rates yet at SS I am leaving the 20th and just curious if they gave you any trouble!!!

Disney_1derland said:
They have king rooms but it says nothing about sleeper sofas. They do have rooms that are 2 queens :confused3

This is type of room I reserved. I talked with Monica and she said they still have king/sleeper sofa rooms at the Holiday Inn, but I have no idea what the Sheraton will give you. I'd keep calling the Sheraton till you get them.

I booked the $.98/night room and I'm being charged $1.18...The room on the reservation states poolview. I'm certainly not going to complain about $.20/night it only adds up to $.80 + tax.....

We've stayed at the resort one other time, and it was fine....

Looking forward to our nights pre and post cruise! :banana:

DiszyDean said:
I dont see it listed on the website any longer for that rate either..apparently someone caught it and changed it...

At least no Holiday Inn hotels listed near Disney that I can see for that rate...

I do bet you could make a case for it, if you wanted to push it though...probably would have to take it up the chain a bit though...bait and switch tactics are illegal...in other words, if they make a mistake on price ( whether it be in a store or online ), they should have to honor it as long as you have already paid for it....And if they think they can get away with charging anyone a $25 cancelation fee for booking a posted rate on their website..they are totally out of their minds....
If you really want to press it, Call the Attorney General for the State of Florida, Charlie Crist :cool1: , he LOVES to jump :Pinkbounc all over stuff like this.Bait and Switch, 7 dollars for a bag of ice during a hurricane, raising hotel rates to their posted maximum during the same hurricane. :umbrella: ...Fuhgedaboudit!!!! Charlie will go after them! :banana:

figment13 said:
Let me say that I am very familiar with the staff at the HI (same people as courtyard) Just for the record, I know who made the error. It was just that an honest error by a very loyal and good employee.

I really hope that the poor employee who created this whole situation was not penalized due to human error. I made a BIG mistake at work two weeks ago and nearly cried at my desk over the $1000 mistake. My boss was wonderful about it and said "we are all human and mistakes happen" Don't let this ruin your day." It reaffirmed why I have stayed with this company (independantly owned) for 10 years and would never think of leaving such a great work enviroment. On a side note ~ it did ruin my day but I survived.

Teresa :flower:

Someone I used to work with cost our company over a million dollars in mistakes, yes over $1 million dollars. He did NOT get fired over this, he was however moved to another position. I'm sure this mistake is not costing HI anywhere near this amount and they are a large corporation, I work for a local company.

Checked in at Sheraton Safari Yesterday......No problems with 1.13 rate at all....So excited hotel seems great so far.

I hope you have a great time, can't wait to hear about your trip, you must share your hotel details. @ many times while reading this thread all I could do was :rotfl:and :rotfl: and :rotfl2:. Oh my goodness, I thought so many of the comments and interactions were so funny!! (I myself would not dream of touching the meat of this discussion with a "10 ft pole"!)

Thanks everyone for the laughs!!!:music::jumping1::rolleyes1

What type of room did you get? You did reserve a preferred view correct with the original reservation? dont forget to give us an update on the holiday Inn. I find it VERY strange that I can not reserve a room online for next June. Wondering if they are throwing in the towel and not going to have the hotel. Keep us updated. thanks and have a great time.

This is probably a valid question...
so if we were suppose to get the preferred room at the downtown HI, does that mean we just get the "standard" room at Sheraton Safari?

I called about paying for an upgrade to a deluxe room so that I would have a fridge, microwave, etc. I was told that it was going to cost me over $100 PER NIGHT to upgrade. It's funny that I can reserve the deluxe rooms outright with a AAA Discount for $75.00 per night. Call me dumb, but is HI only paying SS the same rate they guarneenteed us?

jcanary said:
What type of room did you get? You did reserve a preferred view correct with the original reservation?

When we checked in they gave us a standard Parking lot view.......My reservation clearly said POOL VIEW....Hey I paid an extra .20 cents a night to get the DELUXE VIEW. I called down to the front desk and let them know...they were very polite and explained at this time they had no pool view rooms available, but would in a few hours. We didnt unpack and went over to DTD. While we were gone they had someone move our bags to a Pool room view. The service hhase been very good otherwise and the POOL VIEW room is much nicer. Just make sure you double check upon check in that you get the right view. They might be trying to shortchange us HI customers....

swincha said:
no i am not a rep at a holiday inn. i am a mom of 4 children ranging from 5 to 17 and a registered nurse. i'm done on this subject. you guys are a sorry lot of parents.

:bounce: she's done!! she's done !!! must be a terrible burden...you know being the moral compass of the world ...or at least the dis

talicskai said:
I really hope that the poor employee who created this whole situation was not penalized due to human error. I made a BIG mistake at work two weeks ago and nearly cried at my desk over the $1000 mistake. My boss was wonderful about it and said "we are all human and mistakes happen" Don't let this ruin your day." It reaffirmed why I have stayed with this company (independantly owned) for 10 years and would never think of leaving such a great work enviroment. On a side note ~ it did ruin my day but I survived.

E,mployee was not fired. Most of us have talked to her actually...LOL. She told me straight out it was her who did it. I told her how bad I felt.

pyrxtc said:
E,mployee was not fired. Most of us have talked to her actually...LOL. She told me straight out it was her who did it. I told her how bad I felt.

I am soooo glad to hear that! Thanks for posting!

I just got my letter from HI. "The hotel is now expected to reopen in early 2006." This is the second ressive that I have had moved; the contact person for anyone else wanting to check has also changed. It is now Jamie.foss@ihrco.com. I have the same two options as before with one minor change. I can either take the switch to the Sheraton Safari OR reschedule it for the 12-month period after they reopen. Either way, I must let them know by September 15 my choice.

Zip-a-dee-dude-da...
How do you think the 5th floor would be? When we called to check on our reservations today, that is the floor they said our rooms would be on...and they said it was a 'deluxe view.' Hope you're having a great time! :cool1:

My only advice on the Safari is avoid the top floor ( 5 or 6) in the main registration building...conference rooms on the floor that they set up and take down all night long..loud with the clanking of dishes and cups as they go by your room all night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter