A Typo?? $.93 a night and 1.13?

Lewisc said:
freakylick--There was nothing wrong with taking the offer but there really wasn't any doubt that it was a mistake.

Maybe there wasn't any doubt in your mind...but there was some doubt in the OP. I too felt that there was a chance that it was legit...Companies come up with some crazy promotional rates sometimes, especially in unusual times (like a hotel opening after a prolonged closure ;) ).

I'm not saying that I thought it wasn't a mistake...but I could certainly find it within reason to be a legit offer. Maybe I am just crazy though :teeth:

boswellnakia said:
We have $20 per kid per night budgeted for lodging even before thie rate came out. With the savings, we were able to hire a bus instead of car poooling and able to do some things extra like MNSSHP. Since these are underpriviliedge kids who have never been outside their county, I'm sorry for trying to spread a little pixie dust in their lives. I'll cancel my reservations and let them become hopeless, angry citizens like yourself.

On second thought, I will keep my ressies. I still can make a difference in thier lives. Unfortunately, there isn't much hope for others :crazy:

I just wanted to tell you to have a great time. The world needs more caring people like you (and less judgemental people). Once again, have fun! :cheer2:

I'll go with a little crazy. If it was a legit, planned offer it would have been promoted. The number of rooms available at that rate would have been limited. There would have been black out dates. Low, if any, availability on the weekend. Posters were able to book Christmas- New Years.

Plus a deeply discounted rate would have been something like half price or even the prior CYM promotion of $20. The hotel might as well been giving the rooms away for free. If that was their intent it would have been done as some type of contest.

No problem with posters booking it. No problem with HI honoring the reservations, although I wouldn't have had any problem if they chose not to. I do find it interesting that some posters think they deserve the discount or they discovered some secret promotion. The HI made a computer mistake and some people were able to take advantage of it.

freakylick said:
I'm not saying that I thought it wasn't a mistake...but I could certainly find it within reason to be a legit offer. Maybe I am just crazy though :teeth:

You must be much more knowledgeable than me because you seem to know exactly what they would do. Congrats on your omniscience! :rolleyes:

I just off the phone with HI customer service; they say the opening date for the DTD-HI has again been moved; now it is Dec 1.

Has anyone heard from the hotel yet?

boswellnakia said:
I just off the phone with HI customer service; they say the opening date for the DTD-HI has again been moved; now it is Dec 1.

Has anyone heard from the hotel yet?
I haven't heard anything, but I'm not too disappointed, the link to the Safari looks really nice!! I think the bath products alone are worth the total cost per day!! Are they kidding? They offer turn down service??? Wow this seems to be an upscale resort!! My Dks will love that serpent slide!!Thanks so much for the cool link!! :cheer2:

Last week I was told I would be contacted within 2 weeks with alternate arrangements.

Thanks for the information. I guess we will have to decide when they contact us.

We are thinking of pushing our first reservation from October 28to the 5th of Nov to next year...

The reservation we have from the 12 to the 19 of November we would be willing to take the Sheraton Safari...

We'll see what they offer. Nice of them not to just cancel our butts... ;)

PhotobearSam said:
Thanks for the information. I guess we will have to decide when they contact us.

We are thinking of pushing our first reservation from October 28to the 5th of Nov to next year...

The reservation we have from the 12 to the 19 of November we would be willing to take the Sheraton Safari...

We'll see what they offer. Nice of them not to just cancel our butts... ;)

So true. The 28th-5th are our dates too, but we are going no matter what. I have already pushed one set of ressies with them back to next year which they were more than happy to let me do.

I got a letter from the Sheraton Safari today.

Reservation Confirmation

Dear *****************
Thank you for your room reservation at the Sheraton Safari Hotel Lake Buena Vista. We are pleased to confirm as follows:
Guest Name:*************
Arrival Date:08/17/05 check in time :15:00 H
Departure Date: 08/31/05 check out time: 12:00 H
No of Nights: 14
Room Rate: USD 1.13
Confimation Number: ******
Reservation Status: 2

Thank you for your reservation. We look forward to your visit.

The Sheraton Safari is a "Disney Good Neighbor Hotel", conveniently located in Lake Buena Vista at the corner of Apoka-Vineland Road and Palm Parkway, just one block north of the entrance to Disney Village. Apoka-Vineland Road North is immediately accessible from Interstate 4 East, and West, from exit 68.

To avoid any misunderstanding regarding late cancellation or no-show penalties, please cancel your reservation by 6pm. local time, a minimum of two days prior to your scheduled arrival date.

Questions regarding this reservation may be directed to 407-239-0444

Many Thanks,

The Managment and Staff of the Sheraton Safari Hotel.

We have the $.98 ressie for 2 nights in the beginning of November (1 night before and after our 3 night DCL cruise).

I was hoping to have something like this a little sooner than 1 month out. Did you know that you were going to Sheraton Safari sooner, and this is just the written confirmation????

I received the e-mail that I would be hearing from them in the next 2 weeks, with alternate accomodations.

Yes, I'm a detail person :confused3 Once I get on vacation, I sit back and enjoy, but the upfront planning...look out I'm a crazed person!

I have not gotten an email yet...Wonder when we will get them???

No matter as I am pretty flexible since we have 3 to 4 months off in the winter...Wish it was like that now. I am working 12 to 15 hrs a day, 7 days a week...I will need that vacation by October... :rotfl2:

Holiday Inn contacted me during June telling me that they would not be open in time for my trip. I was sent an e-mail and a letter in the mail. I also spoke with Monica???? ( her name and telephone number is in this thread) at Holiday Inn about this. Essentially, I was given the choice to re-book with Hoilday Inn in the new year or switch to the Sheraton Safari for the same days that I had originally booked, for the same price. I took the offer of the Sheraton Safari. I have received e-mails, telephone calls and now a confirmation letter in the mail. I too am a details person so I followed up on everything.

That's what I was hoping for. I don't mind changing hotels. I might have different feelings if I was going for a week and really wanted to be in the DTD area, didn't have a rental car etc....

But a night before and after the cruise, we have a rental car...no problem.

We've stayed at the Sheraton Safari for night last fall prior to checking into the Swan. It was clean and comfortable. That's all I need :sunny:

Got our letter today. Either switch to Sheraton Safari or wait till next year to stay at the HIDTD.

We have to let them know by August 15th what we are planning to do. Darn, I was really hoping to be able to wait to decide and see if Disney releases any new codes/offers for that time but I don't think they will by august 15th. I'm not unhappy with the SS, just now I think we will need to rent a car.

I got moved, too, for our September trip. This is our 2nd trip this year, so we will use our AP's. But the only way DH will let me take the kids on another trip is to keep expenses real low, so no rental car for me. We're going to have to rely on the shuttle...like it or not! I'm hoping things will be fine.

blestmom said:
I got moved, too, for our September trip. This is our 2nd trip this year, so we will use our AP's. But the only way DH will let me take the kids on another trip is to keep expenses real low, so no rental car for me. We're going to have to rely on the shuttle...like it or not! I'm hoping things will be fine.

I called them a couple months ago when the first batch of people were getting moved. I talked with their desk that handles the shuttle because I had just returned from a WDW offsite motel that had only two trips per day: one left early and one returned late. This was my first time of staying offsite and I didn't think to ask about the frequency of the trips. If I remember right, the gentleman had the shuttle schedule through the end of September and I was satisfied, about every hour to 1.5 hours. He mentioned that the scheduled changed at the end of Sept I think as the crowds weakened. He did not have a clue then what the schedule might be.

That sounds encouraging. I'm not stressing about it, because that's the way it's going to be...so I'm just going to relax and make the most of it. I'm just very thankful to be able to take this kind of a trip. I never dreamed we'd be able to get in a second trip! So I'm counting my blessings! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter