A Typo?? $.93 a night and 1.13?

Has any rebooked for next year?? Have you gotten a new reservation? I go and look at mine and it was canceled on May 9. I am unable to get a hold of that Jamie, I just wrote, but I am a little concerned. I called the other day to change my home address since moving and it was weird, she didn't even ask for name or reservation number. I will let you know what I hear.

In case anyone is still interested in this thread, we stayed on "the deal" at the Sheraton Safari this past week. The hotel is fine. Beds are very comfy. They first put us in a room that had a leaking bathroom and then credited us $25.00. This came as quite a surprise since we did not complain-we just had them move us. Let me know if you have any questions.

If you switch to Sheraton...Check the info they send in the mail...mine was wrong dates and only for 4 nights instead of 7...Be careful.

I called Jaimie and she said she will fix it...I hope so. :confused3

If they gave you a $25 credit, that means your rooms must have almost been free. That would have had to been even better!

gopack said:
In case anyone is still interested in this thread, we stayed on "the deal" at the Sheraton Safari this past week. The hotel is fine. Beds are very comfy. They first put us in a room that had a leaking bathroom and then credited us $25.00. This came as quite a surprise since we did not complain-we just had them move us. Let me know if you have any questions.

Has anyone seen the HI hotel lately? I was wondering how their remodeling was coming along.

I was down at Disney in Oct and it did not look anywhere near ready to open, they were even working on the roof and looked like they were working inside too. Went by later in the day so can not even say if they were at work on it. :earsgirl:

KLAIT said:
My only advice on the Safari is avoid the top floor ( 5 or 6) in the main registration building...conference rooms on the floor that they set up and take down all night long..loud with the clanking of dishes and cups as they go by your room all night

We were on the 5th floor, first in building one, then in two. I didn't see anyplace they could have conference rooms..and our rooms were on the end..maybe on the 6th floor? Our room was nice and quiet. Slept like a log every night.

We ended up on the 5th floor, on the end, and it was great. Our room wasn't ready right away, so they gave us free breakfasts! It was quiet, and we slept wonderfully, also. Great trip!

We stayed for 2 nights in Oct at the Sheraton Safari, we upgraded to a suite for 50.00 extra per night, with 6 people we needed the space. We requested turndown service both nights and received animal shaped chocolates and bottles of water for no charge! My Dks loved the little alligators in the lobby and requested to visit them everytime we left the hotel! In the gift shop they sell animal print luggage very affordably, I bought my mom a cart/bag on wheels for 10.00 and everyone at her office has been asking her where she got it! A great souvie for sure!! My only problem is that they charge a high amount 5.00 per 15 minutes to use the computer. I just went to the library instead where it was free. My Dks loved the safari themed rooms, wow zebra bedding! It was nice to have a small balcony to gaze at the stars before bed. They even let us into our room before official check in time...at 10:15 am!! A great deal for a very nice room! Iv'e got pics if anyone wants to see them!! :cheer2:

My sister and sister in law both stayed there during October 28th and November 1st.

SIL is Starwood Platinum or something so they upgraded her to a suite for no charge and let her check in at 7AM in the morning, gave her free breakfast, and checkout at 7PM.

DS had a normal room on the first floor near the pool. She said it was dark but perfectly fine.

Problems:
Power went out for 18 hours - completely - no generators or anything.
Two mornings in a row, there was no hot water in the hotel.

DS complained at the desk only to get her internet charge back for the power outage time ($9.95 a night). DSIL made a bunch of complaints about the water and power, wasn't given any credits or anything, but frankly I don't blame the hotel - she was already fully upgraded and all that.

heathriel said:
My sister and sister in law both stayed there during October 28th and November 1st.

SIL is Starwood Platinum or something so they upgraded her to a suite for no charge and let her check in at 7AM in the morning, gave her free breakfast, and checkout at 7PM.

DS had a normal room on the first floor near the pool. She said it was dark but perfectly fine.

Problems:
Power went out for 18 hours - completely - no generators or anything.
Two mornings in a row, there was no hot water in the hotel.

DS complained at the desk only to get her internet charge back for the power outage time ($9.95 a night). DSIL made a bunch of complaints about the water and power, wasn't given any credits or anything, but frankly I don't blame the hotel - she was already fully upgraded and all that.

We came back on the 31st. The power outage we were there for (morning of the 31st) was because a transformer blew. It wasn't their transformer, and two hotels went blank. We were on the 5th floor and there was no elevators, not that I would have taken them. They did provide a free continental breakfast for everyone, although you only knew about it, if you asked if the restaurant was open, since the phones were out. They offered free cabs to other hotels if you wanted to check out, but I heard them say because it wasn't there fault, they weren't given discounts..that the people would have to ask the power company. We didn't care, since the power was out mostly during the night. Hubby had a night hot shower..I waited, darn it and it was cold when I took mine.

We used dial up instead of the wifi, and paid .87 a day to hook up (one phone call), and it wasn't bad at all.

Pool was wonderful. Because it was cool out, they cranked it up to high 80's and it was great to be in the warm water. Slide was awesome, kids will love it.

Rooms were on the dark side to play on the Safari theme.

All in all it was a really nice hotel, and we paid $59 a night via an on line special.

I was there Oct 29-Nov 5. Also experienced the black out! I called the front desk to find out what was going on, someone called me back the next day and offered $15 dollars credit. So the room was free and I had to make a $6.00 call from their phone because I lost my cell phone. :sad:
I also did not have any hot water one morning :mad: I called and asked them about this also & they offered to send someone up, but I told them we didn't have time- We had a character breakfast to get to. Had hot water when we got back.
We had to wait 2 hours after check in for a room, so they gave us a free breakfast fot that. The rooms were nice, beds comfortable, staff friendly and willing to help, but if wasn't .93 per night I would not have been happy with all of the inconveniece. Another thing we were in the 1st building on the 2nd floor, ice is on the 1st and 3rd floor! The hotel itself was an easy drive to WDW that didn't seem to take any longer than a WDW hotel.
Room was always clean if we came back by the room after lunch, but the kids kept complaining that someone was eating their Halloween candy. I doubt it! Parking was a big problem the weekend we got there, but improved after Halloween.
It is also a pet friendly hotel, saw lots of dogs being walked. Would only stay here again if the price was right, but prefer the Disney magic!!!!!!!!!! :wizard:
But for free I can't complain!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your phone worked? Ours was out during the power outage, so we had to go downstairs (five floors LOL!) to find out what was happening. That's great you got the credit. They were telling other people no. We had already gotten a credit because the first room we went to wasn't cleaned, but we didn't ask for another. We figured it wasn't their fault.
We weren't able to have early check in, but it was ready at the correct time. We also didn't have a problem with parking..maybe not always in front, but always within easy walking.

wonderlandaddict said:
I was there Oct 29-Nov 5. Also experienced the black out! I called the front desk to find out what was going on, someone called me back the next day and offered $15 dollars credit. !!!!!

When we got back from the park we had lights and the telephone worked(didn't notice the air wasn't on), therfore,I didn't notice about the black-out.When I went to bed & tried to turn the air and TV on I called the front desk and reported they weren't working. The lady told me the only reason that I have lights was they were using a generator , but not to be concerned because it should be fixed any time now. I can't sleep without a cold room and alittle noise. I fell asleep because I was exhausted, but woke up a few hours later to complete darkness!!!! I don't think they came back on till about 8:00am the next day. I was awake and starting to panic because we were to eat at Chef Mickeys and the kids just fell in to bed without a bath the night before!!!!
After thinking about it I think it was a few days later when they called and offered the credit because I was shocked!! I had never complained just reported the things not working. I wanted to complain, but felt like I didn't have a right with the price I was getting. You may have already been checked out when they decided to offer the credits.
I was also very surprised about the free breakfast being offered for having to wait for a room.
We got back to the Hotel very late over the weekend may have contributed to all of the parking spaces taken.

Any of you use the transportation from the hotel (Sheraton)? We aren't renting a car and are wanting to know how it is. Thanks!

I rented a car because the bus transportation there didn't leave early enough and often enough for me. You might want to call them & have them fax or tell you their schedule. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter