A reminder to everyone

WebmasterPete

Grand Administrator
This forum is for questions and comments related to the DIS Unplugged. I'd appreciate it if the posts here would reflect that.

Thx
Pete

Yes sir.

Here's a comment about this week's episode:

When the team was discussing how easily the shuttle launch can be postponed, Bob chimed in with "it's too dark" as a possible reason. Nobody picked up on that one, since the shuttle launch he was discussing is scheduled to take place at 2:30 AM! Unless the world's axis is somehow shifted soon, I don't think we'll have daylight then.

Gotta give Bob credit on that one. That made me laugh.

This forum is for questions and comments related to the DIS Unplugged. I'd appreciate it if the posts here would reflect that.

Thx
Pete

Pete, is it possible to add a community section to the podcast forum? To be honest, this is the only forum that I regularly visit. I think the more things you plan, the more people are going to become friends.

Thanks, Pete!

I think a lot of us dedicated Pod Squaders (that's squaders, not squatters. Squatters is what you would have if you actually had the studio audience at your house - from then on, you'd have people camping out each week, peeking in the windows while you record) have kind of bonded and use this as our own Pod Squad Community Board. And, that's actually a good thing, reflecting upon how the show has brought us together. :goodvibes

But, like you, I kinda cringe when I see the posts that are in no way related to the Unplugged team, the Pod Squad, the cruise, etc. So, thanks for the reminder! :thumbsup2

When the team was discussing how easily the shuttle launch can be postponed, Bob chimed in with "it's too dark" as a possible reason. Nobody picked up on that one, since the shuttle launch he was discussing is scheduled to take place at 2:30 AM! Unless the world's axis is somehow shifted soon, I don't think we'll have daylight then.

Gotta give Bob credit on that one. That made me laugh.

:lmao: I caught the "dark" comment also and wondered why they let that one slide. That Bawb's a sly one sometimes.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I have no problem with discussions on any variety of issues, my point was more that we should not be discussing other podcasts or shows here - sorry about that :)

Pete

A-ha! I get it now. Thanks, Pete. So, you don't mind if we just keep gossiping about you and the gang here?

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I have no problem with discussions on any variety of issues, my point was more that we should not be discussing other podcasts or shows here - sorry about that :)

Pete

Hopefully this isn't breaking the rule... but THIS podcast kicks all those other podcasts' (or shows') backsides....right to the curb.... and NOT in any curb position to see the parade!! Some other curb behind a 6'4" guy with his kid on his shoulders!! THAT'S where you're kicking them....

IMHO...

:worship: Now do I get the cruise? ;)

No offense Pete but I have to say, if there is one thing that sort of rubs me the wrong way regarding the DIS Unplugged Podcast is how it has isolated (perhaps intentionally?) itself from the rest of the online Disney community. I listen to 5 Disney podcasts per week and the other 4 seemingly embrace the idea of a Disney community. Those four podcasts not only acknowledge each other's existence but also participate on each other's podcasts.

I understand that the DIS is a business that depends on site traffic and it is in competition (in some way) with other Disney sites but threads such as this will only serve to further alienate some listeners. You're now not only ignoring that these podcasts exist but you're attempting to restrict your faithful listeners from learning about them also. Each podcast has its strengths and weaknesses and there is plenty of room for each one of them. Obviously those who post here are interested in Disney podcasts and some would appreciate learning about interesting segments on other podcasts (such as Samantha Brown being interviewed this week on WDW Radio Show...a post about which has been removed today and which, I assume, precipitated this thread) and restricting information regarding these shows comes across as a tad petty.

For the record, I am a faithful listener and look forward to each week's roundtable with bated breath. Just my two cents.

Phil

No offense Pete but I have to say, if there is one thing that sort of rubs me the wrong way regarding the DIS Unplugged Podcast is how it has isolated (perhaps intentionally?) itself from the rest of the online Disney community. I listen to 5 Disney podcasts per week and the other 4 seemingly embrace the idea of a Disney community. Those four podcasts not only acknowledge each other's existence but also participate on each other's podcasts.

I understand that the DIS is a business that depends on site traffic and it is in competition (in some way) with other Disney sites but threads such as this will only serve to further alienate some listeners. You're now not only ignoring that these podcasts exist but you're attempting to restrict your faithful listeners from learning about them also. Each podcast has its strengths and weaknesses and there is plenty of room for each one of them. Obviously those who post here are interested in Disney podcasts and some would appreciate learning about interesting segments on other podcasts (such as Samantha Brown being interviewed this week on WDW Radio Show...a post about which has been removed today and which, I assume, precipitated this thread) and restricting information regarding these shows comes across as a tad petty.

For the record, I am a faithful listener and look forward to each week's roundtable with bated breath. Just my two cents.

Phil

Oh, I think someone is trying to butter up Pete for one of those allotted cruises!;)

Phil

I have always felt the same way. I am unaware of any back story, but as much as the Dis Unplugged fails to recognize other podcasts, the other podcasts fail to recognize the Unplugged team. I always just kind of assumed there was a story behind the entire deal. I alway wondered why the Unplugged team almost goes out of their way to avoid any mention of others in the Disney Community. Everybody has something to offer.
Just my thoughts...and I still look forward to each show every week!

Phil

I think what Pete is saying, is that if you want to talk about another podcast don't do it on the Unplugged forum. It should be on the Community board. Mongello's podcast has nothing to do with ours. :goodvibes

Thx
Pete

Pete, is it possible to add a community section to the podcast forum? To be honest, this is the only forum that I regularly visit. I think the more things you plan, the more people are going to become friends.

WOW! Way to be stand up for fellow pod squadders anyway, Madi100! (Sorry I have not been able to figure out how to multi-quote)---so TKS also to Annette in VA---I think you should both be able to pick numbers for your loyalty! :grouphug:

Putting asiide the larger issues of the DIS's prevelant isolationism and whether or not the podcast page is the best venue to discuss other podcasts, would a thread about Samantha Brown interview not be at least tangentially relevant given Kevin's Samantha fetish?

Not trying to be a stinker, but why would you even discuss another podcast here? If you want to talk about something relating to them, do it on their own forum.

Putting asiide the larger issues of the DIS's prevelant isolationism and whether or not the podcast page is the best venue to discuss other podcasts, would a thread about Samantha Brown interview not be at least tangentially relevant given Kevin's Samantha fetish?

Yes, and this may be totally off topic but....Pete was off 250 feet, not 200 feet in his camparison of the Disney Wonder to the Empire State building.

Didn't you know? It's all over between Kevin and Samantha...he's gone back to Paige Davis. :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter