A dream is a wish your heart makes. . . Trip report

Sunday 10/16/05

Part 1 The Animal Kingdom

Nothing like the smell of fresh animals in the morning!! :rotfl:

The Cast – Same as the day before but we add 2 more in Part 2 of Sunday.
Me- The person taking the pictures
Joey- the one that’s in the pictures
Jimmy- FIL
Shelia-MIL
Eddie-BIL
Andree- SIL (wife to brother-in-law)
Josh-another BIL
Kay-Aunt in law?
Sharla- another aunt in law
Megan- MOH
Sara- MOH’s cousin
Paula- like a sister to me but she’s not in any photos for Sunday for some reason. :confused3
Erika- You’ll see and hear about her

HELLO SUNDAY!! We had 2 coming in today and the rest tomorrow! We all woke up EARLY to head to the AK. Before we left, we had some breakfast in the room and then headed to the buses. On the way to the buses, we met up with one of our good friends Paula. She had just arrived from Vegas on the redeye and she was ready to take a nap. (I guess Joey and I are the only ones that can take on a full day after a redeye flight) Anyway! We said our hellos and made sure she got situated and then we were on the way to see some Animals!

Okay I am going to put this in now. We were unsure of the Bridal hat etiquettes (do wear them before and after the wedding? Do you wear them all week long? Do you wear them ONLY the day after?) SO We decided to wear them all the time starting today and got lots of feedback from CM’s and it was a great conversation starter for people in line.

I’ll now continue about the AK.

We arrived right as the gates were being opened. We went in and stopped and checked out the animals in the front that the CM’s were holding.
f18b0504.jpg
f18b098e.jpg

We then headed to our first ride, the Kilimanjaro Safaris, there was about a 15-minute wait but with 11 people, we found things to occupy our time . . . .
Notice, I think my hubby was stuck in this pose! :rotfl:
f18b0822.jpg
f18b06e3.jpg

Bringing up the rear
f18b0636.jpg

f18b0c29.jpg
f18b0b99.jpg

LOST!!
f18b0b42.jpg
f18b0acd.jpg

Look at this GREAT picture I took while in line!!
f18b0a42.jpg
Oh ha ha ha got you this is the TV monitor from the line :rolleyes1 just kidding!
f18b0a13.jpg

Once on the ride, we saw these great animals . . .

Wait here we are on the ride photos
f18b09bd.jpg
f18b09cd.jpg
f18b095a.jpg

Hey! What's that up there?! MADE YA LOOK!! :rotfl: (sorry, I'm kinda silly :banana: )
f18b098a.jpg

Animals are next . . . .

LOVIN' this!! Can't wait to read more.
You all look so happy..

Blessings!
OH! My son is a huge Stitch fan also. He gets to go to the Breakfast at Ohana's with Stitch in a month but he doesn't eve know we are going to WDW..shh...a surprise! ;)

Animals anyone??
f18b090d.jpg
f18b0901.jpg
f18b08bd.jpg
f18b086f.jpg
f18b0864.jpg

After the bumpy adventure, we then headed to the Pangani Forest exploration trail. Before walking through, we had to make a pit stop and a photo opportunity appeared.

f18b076c.jpg
f18b0721.jpg
f18b071a.jpg
f18b06cc.jpg

Sara off the trail and showing us LOST face!
f18b06b2.jpg

Josh is getting hungry and decides to try the local greenery
f18b06b0.jpg

Now, on with the trail!
f18b07ab.jpg

While walking here is what we saw . . . .
f18b0549.jpg
f18b053a.jpg

HELP! a hippo skull had come to life and was trying to eat my big head!!
f18b05a3.jpg
f18b04b4.jpg
f18b049e.jpg

We finish up the trail with some waterfall photos
f18b0588.jpg

Don't ya just love Joey's bag!! :rotfl:
f18b0587.jpg

On to Asia!!

On to Asia!

Hey look drums!!!
f18b0489.jpg
f18b045b.jpg
f18b0442.jpg
f18b044d.jpg

After the trail we all decided to head into Asia to see some . . . . . . Asians? Just kidding! I’m asian . . . anyway!
f18b0430.jpg
Once in Asia, we spot some monkeys
f18b0405.jpg
and the Kali River Rapids ride. Everyone but MIL and FIL decide to ride. Guess what I took photos even on the water ride, are ya surprised?! Here goes!

f18b0a76.jpg
f18b0a88.jpg
f18b0a93.jpg
f18b0aa4.jpg
f18b0abf.jpg
f18b0ad2.jpg
f18b0adc.jpg
f18b0af0.jpg

Starting to get nervous
f18b0b0f.jpg
f18b0b16.jpg
f18b0b1d.jpg
f18b0b1f.jpg
f18b0b25.jpg

And finally someone gets WET! (Actually in the end we all get wet)
f18b0b36.jpg
f18b0b46.jpg
f18b0b40.jpg
f18b0b76.jpg
f18b0b79.jpg

We were about to go over!!
f18b0bae.jpg

We hit the bottom and look who gets wet AGAIN!
f18b0bbc.jpg
f18b0bbd.jpg

Rough waters ahead and by this time we are all getting pretty wet!
f18b0bd8.jpg
f18b0bdc.jpg
f18b0be2.jpg
f18b0bf1.jpg

Finally the ride is over and here we are in our wet group photo
f18b052d.jpg

Once we are off the ride, we meet back up with the MIL and the FIL. By this time a lot of us were starving and we decided to split ways from here. It's now Joey, Jimmy, Me, Sara and Megan. Eddie and Andree wanted some alone time and see more animals, Shelia and her sisters and Josh wanted to watch the Lion King show. SO our group was off to ride Primeval Whirl before lunch.
f18b0665.jpg
f18b0c16.jpg
f18b0c25.jpg
f18b0c14.jpg
f18b0c40.jpg
f18b0c41.jpg
f18b0c47.jpg
f18b0600.jpg

Look who held our cameras and bags while we were on the ride.
f18b0640.jpg

Off to lunch!!

I am absolutely loving this!! ALL your pictures are great!!
Thanks so much for sharing with us :goodvibes

Lunchtime!! After the primeval whirl, we head to Flame Tree BBQ. We ate here on previous trips and it was good as we had remembered!
f18b0691.jpg
f18b06a9.jpg

Food photos!!
f18b03ee.jpg
f18b03e4.jpg

Corn shot!!
f18b03b9.jpg

Our silly lunch photo!
f18b0398.jpg

After lunch, since we've all been to the AK before we decided to head back to the resort for some rest before Dinner at Chef Mickey's and MNSSHP.

Look who we ran into on our way out!
f18b0371.jpg

They had to pry me off him!!
f18b0353.jpg

Back on the bus and headed back to Pop, someone falls asleep.
f18b04f1.jpg
f18b04f0.jpg
f18b04de.jpg

Stay tuned for Sunday Part 2!!

omg shonnel, you are doing such a great job on your trip report & i love how youve included all your photos with it. i cant wait to see more, you 2 really had a great time.

omg your trip report is amazing. I just knowe you had the best trip of your life down there. This build up to the wedding is killing me though :)

Congratulations, Shonnel!! :goodvibes

I'm loving your trip report! Can't wait to read more! :earsgirl:

What fun! I'm really enjoying your report, and LOVE all the pics! Thanks for the taking the time to include us in your trip.

I am having a ball reading about your Wedding trip. Great report and I love all the pictures.

I can't wait to read more!

ttfn,
Tara

This is so fun to read. I LOVE all the pics too! You may have already mentioned this and I missed it, but what was inside the bride and groom ears? It looks like your names... did you draw that in after you bought them? Did you take stickers to put on them? They're SOOOOO cute :teeth:

EvilinaDM101 said:
Here is the beginning of Our Fairy Tale Wedding Trip report.

EvilinaDM101, congratulations on your marriage! I wish you all the best that life has to offer.

this is such a fun report to read, and such great pics, but i do have to laugh as your fil has the same face in each and every picture!!!
can't wait to read and see the rest!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter