90 day recovery status?

By the way we took the test today, but it take some days to get the results back, also we are in good health now. Can any one suggest what to do, any help would be appreciated, thanks
I think the only thing you can do is wait on the results of your 1/30 test. If it is negative, then I believe you should have no worries about testing negative at the port. If it is positive due to your 1/15 infection, then you run a risk of testing positive at the port and not sailing, but there is a chance you may test negative as well. I'm pretty risk averse, we need to fly and it's an 18 hour drive home with two kids in a one way rental if we can't fly home due to a positive test--So, if we still tested positive from a prior infection 6 days before the cruise, I would rebook. Now, if I was driving my own car and lived a couple of hours from the port my decision would be different.

We are a family of three, my wife, my daughter(1 year old), and me. We got covid around jan 15, we felt the symptoms, and probaly got it from a close relative. Any ways, are sailing date is feb 5, the problem is that we never got tested on a designate testlab or clinic, we only did home test. i dont know by doing telehealth (quickmd), is going help me get the 90-day-recovery approved. By the way we took the test today, but it take some days to get the results back, also we are in good health now. Can any one suggest what to do, any help would be appreciated, thanks
If your earliest test date that you’ve done is today, I’m afraid you are too late to get the 90 day recovery status. The positive test must be collected at the least, 11 days prior to your sail date. (And up to 90 days before) you can get a refund with your positive test, or you. Can show up at the port and hope for a negative result. Which might be pretty risky since your Covid wasn’t very long ago. You can call safe passage and they will walk you through it I’m case I am mistaken. They are great.

We are a family of three, my wife, my daughter(1 year old), and me. We got covid around jan 15, we felt the symptoms, and probaly got it from a close relative. Any ways, are sailing date is feb 5, the problem is that we never got tested on a designate testlab or clinic, we only did home test. i dont know by doing telehealth (quickmd), is going help me get the 90-day-recovery approved. By the way we took the test today, but it take some days to get the results back, also we are in good health now. Can any one suggest what to do, any help would be appreciated, thanks

I tested positive shortly before you did and I just got aboard the magic today with no problem I tested negative at the port. I was reading some studies last night out of anxiety of the situation and according to those there’s about a 13% chance of testing positive at around 20 days. So that’s pretty much the odds you are looking at for each person. I’m only a few hours from Miami so the risk wasn’t huge for me worst case I just drove home and come back in a few weeks. That being said if you you get negative pcr tests before you go then you should be good to go.

I tested positive shortly before you did and I just got aboard the magic today with no problem I tested negative at the port. I was reading some studies last night out of anxiety of the situation and according to those there’s about a 13% chance of testing positive at around 20 days. So that’s pretty much the odds you are looking at for each person. I’m only a few hours from Miami so the risk wasn’t huge for me worst case I just drove home and come back in a few weeks. That being said if you you get negative pcr tests before you go then you should be good to go.

Right. Everyone is acting like it's a given you'll test positive for up to 90 days if you've had a prior infection. Is it possible? Yes. That's why DCL/Safe Passage is presenting the option to opt out. Is it a given you'll test positive? Far from it, it's far more likely statistically that you'll test negative again within a week of when your symptoms improve or your quarantine period is over.

I saw that... at first it looked like they were going to let all guests test 3 days in advance instead of at the port, but that was definitely not what this was saying.

To me, it does seem like they're saying that all guests can test 3 days in advance and not have to do the test at the port. Specifically, the "Guests have multiple options for completing their Pre-Trip COVID-19 Testing " section. I really hoping that I'm reading it right, because this would be AMAZING!

To me, it does seem like they're saying that all guests can test 3 days in advance and not have to do the test at the port. Specifically, the "Guests have multiple options for completing their Pre-Trip COVID-19 Testing " section. I really hoping that I'm reading it right, because this would be AMAZING!

That's what got me thinking it was happening that way, but clicking onto the other tabs on the top about Embarkation day dashed all those hopes. Still very clear you must test at the port.

That's what got me thinking it was happening that way, but clicking onto the other tabs on the top about Embarkation day dashed all those hopes. Still very clear you must test at the port.

Aaahhh, gotcha. Darn! At least it's nice to see how the process/policy might play out if they were to change to allowing PCR testing before embarkation. I'm still going to keep my fingers crossed that they make this change.

This would have been the best news... cannot fathom flying in, testing positive, and then having to bum around Orlando because you're not allowed to fly home..

Can someone explain this to me? Does this mean if you've had covid within 90 days of sailing you can test positive at the port and still board?

That's kind of scary. I know two people who've gotten covid twice since December
You also have to have a doctor's letter saying that you are cleared. Technically, the doctor should verify that you are past the quarantine period and do not have any symptoms. Also, you should not board if you have active covid symptoms. The problem is that you can test positive for covid, especially with a PCR, up to 90 days after recovering from it. It can take the body a while to rid itself of the antigens that the tests look for. That would mean that you might not be able to sail for up to 3 months after having covid.

Last edited:
That's kind of scary. I know two people who've gotten covid twice since December

I hear what you're saying. Getting covid doesn't mean you're immune from it, but I also think there's some form of inherent risk in cruising right now. Really does depend on people's comfort levels!

View attachment 640447
Here you go. I sent the bottom half with my husband to the doctor

I typed this up from info from safe passage. Please always double check with Safe Passage as things change all the time and this was my experience at this time. Hope it helps

oh also dr office address and phone number should show on letter

MJ

Thank you for sharing this document, it's very helpful! We are preparing to cruise in March and four family members have had covid this month.

So does this mean you have to do a 3 day test regardless if you are apply for the 90 day letter? The wording is very confusing.

So does this mean you have to do a 3 day test regardless if you are apply for the 90 day letter? The wording is very confusing.

No, I believe if you have the proper documentation for the 90-day recovery period (positive test, doctor's note, vaccination) and are cleared through SafePassage, you won't have to do any testing.

The specific wording on the "Know Before You Go" page is: "With the appropriate documentation and subsequent approval, Guests considered “90-Day-Recovered” are not required to participate in COVID-19 testing during the Pre-Sail, Embarkation or Disembarkation phases of their voyage."

Thank you for sharing this document, it's very helpful! We are preparing to cruise in March and four family members have had covid this month.

You are very welcome. My husband's doctor's office does not use letterhead so his note was written on a script pad page that had all the pertinent info.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter