90 day recovery status?

Has anyone aquired a 90 day documentation of recovery through a telehealth service like QuickMD? My PCP is refusing to write "cleared for travel" on my documentation of recovery note due to liability issues. It's maddening!!! So I am running out of time for my cruise 1/31. My 10 day post COVID date is 1/26/22. I was just curious if anyone had used QuickMD. They are real doctors and claim to be able to generate a letter immediately after your telehealth visit that follows CDC guidelines.
I haven't but if your other doctor won't do it for you,, I would try them or see if a walk in clinic could work. Our doctor isn't seeing patients unless you are really sick with something right now because of so many cases here. Hopefully someone can answer your question.

Gleaming any and all information I can from this thread!!

So far 5 out of 8 members of our travel party tested positive for COVID this week..exactly 90 days from our sail day (April 18).

All the adults are fully vaccinated, but the two children are ineligible for the vaccine (4 & 2). Will they qualify for the 90-day recovery status and/or be able to board the cruise without being vaccinated?

Any and all feedback would be great!

Has anyone aquired a 90 day documentation of recovery through a telehealth service like QuickMD? My PCP is refusing to write "cleared for travel" on my documentation of recovery note due to liability issues. It's maddening!!! So I am running out of time for my cruise 1/31. My 10 day post COVID date is 1/26/22. I was just curious if anyone had used QuickMD. They are real doctors and claim to be able to generate a letter immediately after your telehealth visit that follows CDC guidelines.

Contact the local health department, I’ve heard of people doing that to get a letter when their doctor was being a butthead. 😃

So far 5 out of 8 members of our travel party tested positive for COVID this week..exactly 90 days from our sail day (April 18).

All the adults are fully vaccinated, but the two children are ineligible for the vaccine (4 & 2). Will they qualify for the 90-day recovery status and/or be able to board the cruise without being vaccinated?

I'm wondering this too. My pos test was Jan 16. Could I leave on the April 15 sailing or does thr cruise have to be WITHIN the 90d?

I'm wondering this too. My pos test was Jan 16. Could I leave on the April 15 sailing or does thr cruise have to be WITHIN the 90d?

I am happy to ask this question once I get my own information sorted out! We're in a very similar boat...positive test for one individual was on 1/18 with a 4/18 departure. It is exactly 90 days, which I think is the only qualifier needed to not test on 4/18.

Straight off the Safe Passage website:

In some cases, people who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may still test positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus. If Guests have tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 within 11-90 days of their sail date, they may qualify to be considered as "90-Day-Recovered".

So yes- you need to TEST positive within 11-90 days.

I utilized the 90 Day Recovery Status last week. Florida has Healthy Together where all your COVID tests are uploaded. I was able to log in and print my positive test from 10/23. I then utilized a virtual doctor visit and explained the requirements. The doctor dated the form for the date of my virtual visit and explained that I had tested positive on 10/23, have served my QT period, and have fully recovered and have no restrictions for travel or work. I uploaded all the required documents to the portal and brought copies with me just in case. We arrived to the port around 10:40 and pulled into the parking garage. They scanned our QR code and found all our information. I told them I had the 90 day exemption and they verified that. The other 4 people in the car got their tests and we drove into a spot for them to take them. Someone met us at the car and instructed everyone what to do. They said it would take around 45-60 mins for the results. We then drove from the bottom floor to the 3rd, parked, and waited. You were able to get our and use the restroom. After about 45 minutes we checked the portal and we were cleared to sail. We walked to the bridge and into the check in area. We got all check in, headed up the escalator, and were on the ship in about 15 minutes. Pretty easy experience! We obviously didn't have anyone test positive, so I don't have any experiences as to what happens next. And just an FYI, Disney has also gone back to wearing masks in pictures. I know a few weeks before you were able to take them off inside for pictures, but they have gone back to everyone wearing them.

I called our primary care physician’s office and she wrote the letter and had it to me by the end of the day. I told her office how it had to be worded. So it wasn’t technically telehealth, but I didn’t have a visit. It seemed like it wasn’t uncommon for her to do letters like these. Also, she wrote it prior to my 11 days. The letter was dated before my 11 days but the body said will be recovered (11 days) after my positive test. It was accepted.
Good luck.

I called our primary care physician’s office and she wrote the letter and had it to me by the end of the day. I told her office how it had to be worded. So it wasn’t technically telehealth, but I didn’t have a visit. It seemed like it wasn’t uncommon for her to do letters like these. Also, she wrote it prior to my 11 days. The letter was dated before my 11 days but the body said will be recovered (11 days) after my positive test. It was accepted.
Good luck.

So did you have to wait to submit to Safe Passage until 10 days after your positive test or was it accepted prior because it said that you would be recovered by 10 days past the test?

Does it say anywhere on the site that the positive test must be a PCR? I can only find that it says you need it to be from a doctor/clinic. So in that case a positive antigen should work, right?

Does it say anywhere on the site that the positive test must be a PCR? I can only find that it says you need it to be from a doctor/clinic. So in that case a positive antigen should work, right?

If you go in to apply for the 90 day exemption, the attachment box says "Date of Positive PCR Test" and then the upload link says "Upload Positive PCR Results"

If you go in to apply for the 90 day exemption, the attachment box says "Date of Positive PCR Test" and then the upload link says "Upload Positive PCR Results"

thank you! i’m not able to login to the site yet so this is great info.

No- they don’t care what type of test your doctor does. I had this same question for Safe Passage. The only test they won’t take is an at-home test.

No- they don’t care what type of test your doctor does. I had this same question for Safe Passage. The only test they won’t take is an at-home test.

Hmm, then this contradicts the post above that says the upload form on the Safe Passage site specifies "PCR test."

Hmm, then this contradicts the post above that says the upload form on the Safe Passage site specifies "PCR test."

Just saying what I'm seeing on the Safe Passage website. Honestly, they were incredibly helpful when I called them. Picked up right away and had answers to everything. They did ask for my reservation number and everything, so not sure if they'll be as helpful if you're not within your 15 day window to have opened an account with them yet, but their number is 1-877-250-5132. Email is DCLsupport@inspirediagnostics.com

So did you have to wait to submit to Safe Passage until 10 days after your positive test or was it accepted prior because it said that you would be recovered by 10 days past the test?
I waited. But I’m not sure if you have to. I just wanted to be safe. Someone else posted that they got an email from safe passage that they take the info electronically until 10:45 day of the cruise. The couple in front of me brought a hard copy of their paperwork without submitting online and got approved no problem. Very easy process. Hope that helps. Good luck.

My doctor didn’t do a test when they wrote the letter. They just wrote that I’m clear to travel.
Got pcr test. Tested positive. Then 11 days later got the letter without testing. In fact I tested negative with home test after 11 days so I probably would have tested negative pcr when they wrote the letter, but chose the lightning lane route. And really, the safe route.

I just send a mail about this. I have the same question with my daughter of 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter