9/16/2017 Magic Transatlantic from Barcelona

SQUEEE! A spot opened up on the excursion I've been whining about, and I was able to get it! YAY!!! The pouty person is happy again!! :cool1::banana::jumping1:party:

:lmao:

It wasn't canoying in the Azores was it? Someone elsewhere mentioned this tour has been cancelled!

So glad we didn't opt for the canyoning excursion in Azores (that was the only DCL excursion we were thinking about). We are opting to do an independent horseback ride!

Speaking of activities, for those who are coming into BCN early, have any of you pre-ordered tickets to sights? We were thinking of getting our tickets for a couple of attractions early to avoid waiting in line (cathedral in Monserrat, Segrada Familia, Parc Guell, and the hop on/hop off bus). Also thinking about getting metro pass (but not sure if we want a T-10 or a 3-day unlimited pass).

So glad we didn't opt for the canyoning excursion in Azores (that was the only DCL excursion we were thinking about). We are opting to do an independent horseback ride!

Speaking of activities, for those who are coming into BCN early, have any of you pre-ordered tickets to sights? We were thinking of getting our tickets for a couple of attractions early to avoid waiting in line (cathedral in Monserrat, Segrada Familia, Parc Guell, and the hop on/hop off bus). Also thinking about getting metro pass (but not sure if we want a T-10 or a 3-day unlimited pass).

We have a full day excursion booked with Barcelona Day Tours that will take us to all of the locations you've listed. We did pre-purchase the Parc Guell tickets, but the tour company handled that for us.

We pre-booked La Sagrada Familia and flamenco tickets, but, since we're only there for one full day, we're opting to do less structured things for the rest of the time.

We have a full day excursion booked with Barcelona Day Tours that will take us to all of the locations you've listed. We did pre-purchase the Parc Guell tickets, but the tour company handled that for us.
I wanted to do a more organized tour but DH is somewhat insistent on seeing things "on our own"! Makes me a little nervous but I have to admit that I like having the freedom to move at our own pace. Still, makes me nervous, especially since he's not the assertive one (I'm the one who generally has to ask all the questions for directions, etc, which I don't want to do in a country that I can't speak the language fluently)!!! :scared:

Where are you seeing the flamenco?

La Bodega Flamenca. At first I wanted to avoid anything that smacked of "cheesy dinner theater," but practicality ruled. The reviews are very good, and I'm pretty sure that -- after a full day of travel, another day of sightseeing, and jet-lag -- we'll all be happy to just sit down for a couple of hours and be entertained and fed.

Crossing my fingers that it lives up to the reviews.

Edited to add: it will also be my daughter's 13th birthday, so I've got extra reason to hope it's special!

La Bodega Flamenca. At first I wanted to avoid anything that smacked of "cheesy dinner theater," but practicality ruled. The reviews are very good, and I'm pretty sure that -- after a full day of travel, another day of sightseeing, and jet-lag -- we'll all be happy to just sit down for a couple of hours and be entertained and fed.

Crossing my fingers that it lives up to the reviews.

Edited to add: it will also be my daughter's 13th birthday, so I've got extra reason to hope it's special!
This looks like it would be a fun place for dinner and an opportunity to see some flamenco--I may show this to DH when he gets home. I even found some delicious-looking tapas on the menu that I could eat (vegetarian here)! :P

We are arriving in Barcelona morning of the 14th. I booked us the two day hop on hop off. I also pre bought the following attractions Segrada Familia, Parc Guell, Gaudi house Musem,Casa Mila, Cable card ride, Casa Batllo. I just hope we have time to see them all. Fingers crossed we do not have too much jet lag as we fly Denver to JFK and then JFK to Barcelona.

Also arriving on the 14th.. plan to book some attractions soon but haven't done so yet. I did just book a car from the airport to my hotel to make things super easy for my arrival. So excited!

We also arrive on the 14th. We have tickets for Night Music at Casa Battlo for Friday night. And part of the party have bought tickets for Sagrada Familia. We're getting pretty excited!

BelleBway, Do you mind sharing are you using a company. or did you book a rental car. I still need to get arrangements from Airport to hotel. Thanks

I don't get in til late on the 15th (and with the possibility of a strike at the airport I think its going to be even later).

BelleBway, Do you mind sharing are you using a company. or did you book a rental car. I still need to get arrangements from Airport to hotel. Thanks

Using a company. Would not recommend renting a car in a city with public transit unless perhaps you're takung excursions out of the city which I'm not. Even then, I'd rather leave the driving to others in a strange country when I'm jet lagged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter