8th Annual Christmas Thead

Hi,
I don't really know where to post this but my question is has anyone done a Disney subscription box? I think I have waited too long to order it so my DD 19 will get an IOU under the tree - because the box will probably come in January. She is Disney obsessed like me
Thanks,:earsgirl:

I think I'm finally finished with my shopping! I organized and wrapped it all last night while DD was at dance. And once again, I way overdid it, mostly with DD, but I do that every year it seems. She knows about several things this year because at 12, it's just hard to shop for her!

Neice11 - Hungar Games movies (she's reading the books) and a Justice gift card

Nephew 7 - R/C 4x4 truck

Neice18months - Vtech Farm

Nephew16 - adidas pants and shirt for track practices

Great Grandma - gift card to Martins/Ukrops where she likes to do her shopping

Dance teachers - Itunes cards and peppermint body creme from Bath & Body Works

School teachers (small private school, we still do gifts) - ladies will get YC snowman votives w/2 candles and the men got a Sbux gift card

Girls that cut our hair - Sbux gift & EOS lotion & lip balm

MIL - part of the crock pot hook up systems she wants, perfume and tempered glass cover for her iphone

FIL - slippers, colonge and a gift card for golf

My Dad - Kindle Fire (that I'm still waiting for, but it was a great deal on Thanksgiving day and he mentioned wanting a cheap tablet just so he didn't have to turn his computer on all the time), sweatpants, t-shirt and flannel shirt/jacket, photo calendar, photo mousepad

DH - Keurig, tickets for us to go the VCU v. GMU basketball game, gift certificate to the shooting range. Had also gotten him a Bamboo Pillow, but already gave it to him because he was complaining about our pillows. Got him gift cards to Ginger Red (chinese), Little Caesars and Five Guys for his stocking (they are close to his office for quick lunches)

ME (my dad sends me money and I shop for myself :) - R5 ticket (taking DD in February), black riding boots, Michael Kors purse I scored a great deal on yesterday at Macy's, 31 purse. I also bought new Adidas sneakers at the Outlet in Destin this summer and DH has those for me

DD (from my dad - he sends money and I shop) - tickets to see R5 (going with a big group here in the neighborhood), Simply Southern shirt and navy adidas pants, new sneakers & socks, Dance Spirit Magazine subscription

DD (from Mom & Dad)
PJS and the new Misty Copeland book she'll get to open on Cmas Eve sometime during the day

Rac N Roll for dance. Put a make up bag from 31, a hanging mirror and a bag tag inside of this. She knows about the bag because she picked it out

Adidas pants (she knows about these too cause she had to try them on)

Simply Southern shirt

Monogrammed shirt from her dance company

Center Stage Movies

Ugg sweater boots

Lush gift set

DD (from Santa)
Tickets to see Carrie Underwood

Monogrammed fleece jacket

Hat, scarf & gloves

Outfit from Rue21 (she picked it out, I went back & bought)

Ballet Bar

Turn Board

New ballet shoes

Subscription to Pointe magazine

DD (Stocking)
Monogrammed cell phone case

Monogrammed hair bow

Earbuds

Fuzzy socks

Dance braclet (Alex & Ani style)

I hate when I type it all out and see it in front of me :(

I think I'm finally finished with my shopping! I organized and wrapped it all last night while DD was at dance. And once again, I way overdid it, mostly with DD, but I do that every year it seems. She knows about several things this year because at 12, it's just hard to shop for her!

Nephew 7 - R/C 4x4 truck

School teachers (small private school, we still do gifts) - ladies will get YC snowman votives w/2 candles and the men got a Sbux gift card

MIL - part of the crock pot hook up systems she wants, perfume and tempered glass cover for her iphone

My Dad - Kindle Fire (that I'm still waiting for, but it was a great deal on Thanksgiving day and he mentioned wanting a cheap tablet just so he didn't have to turn his computer on all the time), sweatpants, t-shirt and flannel shirt/jacket, photo calendar, photo mousepad

DH - Keurig, tickets for us to go the VCU v. GMU basketball game, gift certificate to the shooting range. Had also gotten him a Bamboo Pillow, but already gave it to him because he was complaining about our pillows. Got him gift cards to Ginger Red (chinese), Little Caesars and Five Guys for his stocking (they are close to his office for quick lunches)

ME (my dad sends me money and I shop for myself :) - R5 ticket (taking DD in February), black riding boots, Michael Kors purse I scored a great deal on yesterday at Macy's, 31 purse. I also bought new Adidas sneakers at the Outlet in Destin this summer and DH has those for me

DD (from my dad - he sends money and I shop) - tickets to see R5 (going with a big group here in the neighborhood), Simply Southern shirt and navy adidas pants, new sneakers & socks, Dance Spirit Magazine subscription

DD (from Mom & Dad)
PJS and the new Misty Copeland book she'll get to open on Cmas Eve sometime during the day

Rac N Roll for dance. Put a make up bag from 31, a hanging mirror and a bag tag inside of this. She knows about the bag because she picked it out

Simply Southern shirt

Center Stage Movies

Ugg sweater boots

Lush gift set

DD (from Santa)

Hat, scarf & gloves

Ballet Bar

Turn Board

New ballet shoes

DD (Stocking)

Monogrammed hair bow

Earbuds

Fuzzy socks

Sounds like your finished!! I got everything wrapped yesterday as well and under the tree! Just have to pick up a Giftcard that I will do this afternoon and I'm done! although there's still a couple things left on the list that I may still order.... But I know I have to stop somewhere!!

Nephew 7 - R/C 4x4 truck

DD (from Mom & Dad)

Simply Southern shirt

Center Stage Movies

Ugg sweater boots

Lush gift set

DD (from Santa)

Hat, scarf & gloves

Ballet Bar

Turn Board

New ballet shoes

DD (Stocking)

Monogrammed hair bow

Earbuds

Fuzzy socks

I am an only child too and my mom always overdid it but I always appreciated it! I wouldn't worry :).

Has anyone started wrapping? I kept a spreadsheet with everything I bought (at least I thought) and I remember one or two things I forgot to put on the spreadsheet. So I need to start wrapping to make sure I don't find more stuff.

My oldest kid is intense about fairness and counts the number of presents. She doesn't keep up with money spent obviously but it's a big deal that all the kids get the same number of presents. I didn't have siblings but I can see this as being a big deal if you feel like someone is being "favored."

I've started and finished wrapping:)

I try to keep the number of gifts even just so it's just normal on Christmas morning. Our tradition is each person opens a gift and then it's the next persons turn. Because my kids are older now I try to keep the money even too, or reasonably close. If it's an issue I fill in with cheap treats they love but I don't normally buy. One year DS2 got a box of pop tarts. He loved them and VERY rarely gets them because they are so unhealthy.

I had an older sister that was a gift counter.

I am an only child too and my mom always overdid it but I always appreciated it! I wouldn't worry :).

I don't really. She's a good kid and appreciates it all. I just LOVE the big pile and huge mess on Christmas morning :)

Has anyone started wrapping? I kept a spreadsheet with everything I bought (at least I thought) and I remember one or two things I forgot to put on the spreadsheet. So I need to start wrapping to make sure I don't find more stuff.

My oldest kid is intense about fairness and counts the number of presents. She doesn't keep up with money spent obviously but it's a big deal that all the kids get the same number of presents. I didn't have siblings but I can see this as being a big deal if you feel like someone is being "favored."

I've started and finished wrapping:)

I try to keep the number of gifts even just so it's just normal on Christmas morning. Our tradition is each person opens a gift and then it's the next persons turn. Because my kids are older now I try to keep the money even too, or reasonably close. If it's an issue I fill in with cheap treats they love but I don't normally buy. One year DS2 got a box of pop tarts. He loved them and VERY rarely gets them because they are so unhealthy.

I had an older sister that was a gift counter.

I'm finished with my wrapping. YAY! That's the part I really loathe.

DD's best friend is the youngest of 4 girls and the oldest sister is the gift counter. She's a mess that one even at the age of 21! I remember growing up my mom would say how hard it was as we got older to keep it all even. I am 5 years older than my brother and things got WAY more expensive for me while he was still into cheap toys. I don't remember ever counting though. My grandma would keep it even with the 5 grandkids though. She will fill in with cheap, but fun gifts too :) I love the pop tarts. My inlaws always throw in a 6 pack of pepsi for DD....something I don't keep in the house and she only gets a treat when we eat out or when she goes over there! She looks forward to that every year!

Must be something about the oldest kids wanting to count the gifts. But my dd has always been a very intense kid so I shouldn't be surprised. :)

I haven't started wrapping yet. I tend to wait until Christmas week. I took the 23rd-24th off from work and will probably wrap then. We can't put presents under the tree because our cats would chew through the paper and boxes (these are the most dog-like cats ever, they chew on everything). So Christmas morning I set everything up and then people can assemble. I was pretty true to toning things way down so I won't have too much to wrap. I need to check the stockings to see how "full" they are based on what I have now, so I know if I need to pick up more stuff. They are going to contain toiletries and candy. I only have 3 to fill, so not too bad.

DS17 is an only and he used to count his presents when he was much younger. Not to complain, I think more to marvel at all he had. I was the spoiler mom, too! :D

Finally came up with what we are going to do for a family activity. It will actually be after Christmas, but we are going to Strawberry Banke in Portsmouth, NH. They have guided house tours of historic homes decorated for the holidays. DS loves history, it will be enjoyable for me and my dad, and dh can tough it out until we have a nice lunch.

Is anyone baking or making anything this year? I need to bring something homemade to my neighbor's Christmas Eve party. We will bring a couple bottles of wine, and then I add my fudge. But I also feel like I should make something else. I just saw a Betty Crocker recipe for sugar cookie bars with holiday M&Ms. It sounds really easy and like something that would go over well...

Maria :upsidedow

Is anyone baking or making anything this year? I need to bring something homemade to my neighbor's Christmas Eve party. We will bring a couple bottles of wine, and then I add my fudge. But I also feel like I should make something else. I just saw a Betty Crocker recipe for sugar cookie bars with holiday M&Ms. It sounds really easy and like something that would go over well...

Maria :upsidedow

I did some baking today. I go the easy way and just doctor up pre made mixes. Made good old peanut butter blossoms.

Also took a Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix and added Andes peppermint crunch for peppermint sugar cookies.

Also did s'more cookies. I use a box of Devils food cake mix, 2 eggs and 1/2 cup oil. Mix it together. Bake at 350 for 8 or 9 minutes and then top with a few mini marshmallows. Then pop that back in oven for a minute, just til the marshmallows poof. Then I use a lighter to "brown" the marshmallows. I'll use this same cake mix recipe later to make holiday M&M cookies and a batch with Andes candies mints either chopped and stirred in or just melted on top.

I did some baking today. I go the easy way and just doctor up pre made mixes. Made good old peanut butter blossoms.

Also took a Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix and added Andes peppermint crunch for peppermint sugar cookies.

Also did s'more cookies. I use a box of Devils food cake mix, 2 eggs and 1/2 cup oil. Mix it together. Bake at 350 for 8 or 9 minutes and then top with a few mini marshmallows. Then pop that back in oven for a minute, just til the marshmallows poof. Then I use a lighter to "brown" the marshmallows. I'll use this same cake mix recipe later to make holiday M&M cookies and a batch with Andes candies mints either chopped and stirred in or just melted on top.

I have a couple events coming up and those sound super easy! For the peppermint sugar cookies do you chop the Andes and add at the end? Do you mix in the M & M's and bake like a "normal" cookie?

I have a couple events coming up and those sound super easy! For the peppermint sugar cookies do you chop the Andes and add at the end? Do you mix in the M & M's and bake like a "normal" cookie?

I bought them already chopped. Target sells both the peppermint and the chocolate mint in bags (the size of a bag of chocolate chips). I just made the sugar cookie dough and then used a spoon to scoop the dough, added some peppermint crunch (don't want it to be too overwhelmingly pepperminty) and then rolled in a ball and baked.

For the M&M, yes, just added the M&Ms into the mix like I would chocolate chip cookies :)

I bought them already chopped. Target sells both the peppermint and the chocolate mint in bags (the size of a bag of chocolate chips). I just made the sugar cookie dough and then used a spoon to scoop the dough, added some peppermint crunch (don't want it to be too overwhelmingly pepperminty) and then rolled in a ball and baked.

For the M&M, yes, just added the M&Ms into the mix like I would chocolate chip cookies :)

Thanks for replying! I am going to make them for my Friday event. Fast enough to make after work! Thanks!

Thanks for replying! I am going to make them for my Friday event. Fast enough to make after work! Thanks!

If you can't find them chopped, you can break them up by hand. I've done that before too.

Last edited:
Those who have finished wrapping, I salute you! I still have a few for my parents to wrap and I've wrapped most of the big Santa presents, just need to do the stocking stuffers. This is where I really regret my MIL starting the "wrap the stocking stuffers" tradition. I think I'm going to leave some unwrapped as a sanity saver! Need to get out the Christmas cards and hopefully can employ my children and husband to stuff them. I'm hoping to do baking this weekend and finish the conversation jars I'm sending out. I've cut down on baking to just cinnamon rolls, Christmas Crunch and a bar nut recipe. Any cookies will be for us and some immediate neighbors so that cuts down on both the number and variety. Even picked up some treats at Costco to save from cooking. Makes things a bit more manageable.

For wrapping stocking stuffers my mom always used paper Christmas napkins. It is so much easier than wrapping paper!

The tree has been up for a week now but DS finally gave me his time to trim the tree. He accused me of fluffing the tree poorly so I'm no longer allowed to do that myself. Haha!

I am hosting a wrapping and cocktails party Saturday so tomorrow will be spent doing some baking in the kitchen and then cleaning what little I have left to clean.

Once I'm done with wrapping I will be more excited.

Thank you again! I'd never made the cake cookies and they were so easy and delish! I have 3 more events this week and I'm going to make more cake cookies and the Andes cookies and the pretzel rolo treats! It gets hard when you have so many events jammed into a short time frame. Between working a full week, an office cookie exchange, 3 events & Star Wars premier it's going to be crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter