8th Annual Christmas Thead

I need to swing into high gear. My ds17's high school musical is this weekend, and we have family coming for the various 5 performances. I'm going to get ready for that and then take Monday off so I can regroup and do some serious Christmas planning!

I don't ever remember being this far behind before. I suspect next year when I have a college freshman I will have more time than I need... :tilt:

Maria :upsidedow

I'm just not feeling it this year for some reason. Well, I know a few reasons that are sort of just adding up. My health hasn't been all that great, I'm working a lot, I have a very sick friend that I live in another state from, my cousin has dumped her kids on us for all the holidays saying she is being forced to work but no one is stupid enough to believe that from her... yea, just a lot going on. Wish I could just spend Christmas with friends or by myself at this point which has me feeling like a horrible human being. *sigh*

Mostly I need to get my dad and grandma's stuff still. Then wrap everything. Ugh.

I finally am on a roll. I have several items bought will finish up next week.
DS16:
Madden 16 (got online from Walmart for $28)
Radio
NFL Jersey
Jogger Pants
yearly ornament
Need to still buy Nike Compression Pants, Shirt to go with jogger pants, Kindle Fire, Beats Headphones, football calendar, Chiptole gift card, Maze Runner Movie

DS14:
FIFA 16 (got online from Walmart for $28)
Adidas Pants
Car Design studio kit
Subway gift card
Yearly ornament
Need to still buy Adidas shirt, Flannel Shirt, Futon for room, Top Gear Calendar
His Birthday is Dec. 30th so need to figure that out.

DD11:
Kingdom Keeper Return Book
Outfit
Starbucks gift card
yearly ornament
She got her room modeled with new furniture and everything so she won't get a ton.

DD birthday is Dec 24th:
Sleep Syndrom Book
Inside Out Movie
Shirt

DH: I just need to place order for items on his wish list for Cabelas.

My SD16 is getting mostly clothes and shoes, but I wanted her to have something fun as well. I settled on a FujiFilm instax mini 8 camera. They come in cute colors and are like old fashioned Polaroid cameras that print small business card side pictures. You can get cute stickers to border the pictures. I think this is perfect for a teen girl and thought I would share in case anyone else needs ideas.

My sons birthday is finally passed. He had 3 friends sleep over and 2 more hang out but instead of jumping ahead on Christmas I chatted with one of the moms til 2am. Teenagers are exhausting. I feel like I'm hungover and I haven't had a drop of wine since early Friday night!

DS did get some cash and gift cards, some will be used for toys for tots so I'm excited to plan with him what he will purchase.

I did pull the Christmas stuff out of storage and I started putting out some more decorations. I really need to get cracking on my Christmas cards and my shopping.

I am hosting a wrapping and cocktails party on Dec 12 and I'm really hoping to drive down to Oglebay with my son to see their light display on Dec 19. Fun times!!!!!

Does anyone have any great Black Friday plans? I'm going to be flexible and if I see something I really want online I will pick it up, but no planned visits to bricks and mortar stores...

We always go out as it is tradition but there is nothing I have to buy. I was able to get DS16 Beats Headphones cheaper yesterday then during BF at Target. The only "big" item left on his list is a Kindle Fire which I will order from Amazon tomorrow. The main stores I need to hit up are Justice, Barnes and Noble, Meijer, and Dicks. I don't think people will be beating down the doors at those stores. LOL I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving.

We always go out as it is tradition but there is nothing I have to buy. I was able to get DS16 Beats Headphones cheaper yesterday then during BF at Target. The only "big" item left on his list is a Kindle Fire which I will order from Amazon tomorrow. The main stores I need to hit up are Justice, Barnes and Noble, Meijer, and Dicks. I don't think people will be beating down the doors at those stores. LOL I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving.

You'd be surprised at how crazy busy Dick's is on Black Friday.....

Has anyone gotten any black friday deals? I already got the iWatch:) I'm SO glad I didn't have to go to the store! Now on to the video games!

I did almost all of my shopping online. I went to JCP at like 6pm Thursday, missed out on the coupons but I still got a great deal! I bought DS a winter coat, 2 pair jeans, an outerwear vest, and a Sherpa lined hoodie for $115 including tax. We went to Dick's after and I bought him an OSU hoodie that I think he will wear a lot. We had to stop at Dollar General before dinner (I forgot one item!) so I also grabbed DS a dove soap gift set and I bought an Axe set for the charity we support at work. They help teen boys and soap sets are an "always wanted" item. We were done and cruised by Walmart and we laughed at how busy it was. Our local store is never busy but on BF all three parking areas were filled. We thought about going back later but decided to just call it a night.

DS went to target for his toys for tots shopping and spent $30 (1/3 of his birthday money!). He picked out a board game and 4 Star Wars hot wheel ships and 2 Star Wars hot wheels cars. He tries to pick out items that he would've liked to have and donates them each year. I also purchased 3 board games so when he hands over his donation it will look larger but I really couldn't be prouder!

I have to stop at Texas Roadhouse today to purchase gift cards for my family and then I'm pretty much done shopping. I pulled out all the decorations now and just need to get that done.

It's Cyber Monday!

Any shopping plans? I have some work I have to do first (Boo!), then I'm going to check out my offers and see if there are any deals I can't pass up

It's Cyber Monday!

Any shopping plans? I have some work I have to do first (Boo!), then I'm going to check out my offers and see if there are any deals I can't pass up

I didn't find anything I wanted today which is a good thing! My Sephora arrived and I was disappointed at the size of the fragrance sample set I ordered so I may take that back. Otherwise I just have to buy for dh and I'm done!

I went a little crazy...but now I'm almost done!

DS17 now has Christmas Eve pajamas (a tradition I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to keep), a 2016 planner, a humor book, fuzzy socks, in addition to ornaments and movies. I still need to get him some ties and American Eagle/ITunes gift cards. His big gift is Rihanna tickets, which we also scored yesterday! It's awkward because usually we get him a big tech item, but this year we need to wait to see where he's going to college so we can provide the type of laptop and printer he needs. He understands why we're waiting, but I wish I was giving him something to get more excited about...then again he is excited about going to college next year, and Lord knows we're paying for that!

I did an order at LTD Commodities and got a dvd and books for my dad, kitchen décor for my smom, a sports bank and ornament for dh, and some leggings for me (had to add something to get free shipping, I ended up spending $4 more than I would have with shipping charges).

Also picked up espresso k-cups for dh, a sweatshirt and hat from his alma mater, and a sweater to replace the one ds appropriated last year.

And since we are Star Wars fanatics, I grabbed a few memorabilia items for stockings.

I'm down to stuffing stockings, a few gift cards for my dad, and a Harry and David order for the various relatives who are far away. I'll be waiting for free shipping day on Dec. 18th if I don't see an offer from them before then...

My only disappointment is I waited too long to order the Belle Sketch ornament from the Disney store and they are sold out :sad: This is the second year I've done that, you'd think I would learn to take care of myself first :rolleyes:

I haven't read in here for awhile. I love reading about everyone else's purchases and plans :santa:!
This year for the first time we went out for Black Friday. It isn't really the big deal in Canada that it is for you guys, but it has been picking up steam for the last few years. Dh and I both used a vacation day and went out shopping together. It was so nice to have a Christmas shopping date!
We got one of the big ticket items we wanted online the night before, so we didn't line up for anything. We just shopped at a nice leisurely pace and got a lot of shopping done.

For ds11: Xbox one (purchased online) came with two games and a credit we will use to get Star Wars game.
-second controller, Nike athletic pants, star wars shirt, two hooded sweatshirts, new Rick Riordan Book, Exploding Kittens card game, First three books in Rangers Apprentice series.
-Still have to buy Christmas eve pyjamas and an ornament, and a lego set.

DD18,
-ordered Iphone6 then decided I didn't get a good enough deal, sent it back and now waiting to take her out on Boxing day to get her new phone.
-Christmas eve pyjamas, scentsy stuff, new black moccasin shoes, leggings from Costco, one pair of sweet legs, a book she wanted, Sims4 expansion.

I need to get cracking on the rest of dd's stuff. The phone has to wait until the day after Christmas but she is ok with that. The rest of her stuff will be mostly gift cards .. to the mall because there is no point in me trying to pick clothes for her anymore, to Lush as they have one in her University town, to the grocery store near her campus etc. She won't have a lot to open but she prefers to pick her own clothing and she will get great sales this way.

Still need to buy for teachers, dh (but he's also getting a new phone), a few little things for both sets of parents, two nephews, siblings (5 of them). Ugh. Not as far along as I thought!

I am pretty much finished! I might pick up a couple gift cards for my parents. For the past few years I've bought us all scratch offs - my dad just isn't thrilled with them. So I was thinking of making up my own bingo cards - have us all play bingo and of course each person will win and they will get a small Giftcard - and I might just put a couple scratch offs in their stockings.
For my dad I got him a file box with file folders (he asked for it), bedroom slippers, t-shirts, giftcards to Starbucks, chick fil a and panera bread, a catalog of guns from antiques to recent ones and what their worth, a belt, wallet, razors/shaving cream, new bedspread and I make him a first aid kit ( he's on Coumadin and always cutting himself so these are nonstick bandages/neosporin/gauze) and a pooper scooper from fur grand babies
For my mom I bought her a floor lamp, the bed rest pillow with arms, tervis tumbler (from fur grand babies), iTunes giftcard, quilt for bed, bath and body works lotions/loofah sponges, an angel figurine, coloring books and a body massager. I may still get a Giftcard to either where she gets her hair done or to wawas. Not sure yet. One thing I know is that I need to quit shopping!! I am definitely over my planned budget

I'm done too! Just need to get the rest of the stuff I ordered here and wrapped!

I'm just going to admit I'm over budget by almost $200. I know this because Santa's bag is an awesome app!

Part of the over budget thing was DS1 got window tinting for his car and I got DH an iWatch. I know they will be well received gifts so it's worth it to me.

What gift are you most excited to give?

Wine! Lol I don't expect any gifts but my uncle usually gives me cash. Not sure if he will this year but if he does it's going into my Disney fund.

I'm going to buy myself bottles of wine and put them under the tree. No one really buys me gifts so I'll treat myself!

This is a tough one. I'm not giving anything that's going to elicit jumping up and down...I'm going to say the personalized ornaments I got my ds17, which commemorate his role in the school musical and as Improv captain. I think he will be happy to have a tangible reminder of some of the best moments of his senior year.

Now what I'm most excited to get -- that's a different story!

Anyone else hoping or expecting something that already has you smiling? For me it's a leather Vera Bradley bag I have my eye on :santa:

This is a tough one. I'm not giving anything that's going to elicit jumping up and down...I'm going to say the personalized ornaments I got my ds17, which commemorate his role in the school musical and as Improv captain. I think he will be happy to have a tangible reminder of some of the best moments of his senior year.

Now what I'm most excited to get -- that's a different story!

Anyone else hoping or expecting something that already has you smiling? For me it's a leather Vera Bradley bag I have my eye on :santa:

Lol - I'm like you. More excited about the gift I will get! My new Kate spade bag and wallet - love it!! Can't wait till Christmas day so I can use it!!

Wine! Lol I don't expect any gifts but my uncle usually gives me cash. Not sure if he will this year but if he does it's going into my Disney fund.

I'm going to buy myself bottles of wine and put them under the tree. No one really buys me gifts so I'll treat myself!

That's the spirit!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter