88 days til christmas, time to restart the christmas elf thread...

Don't have an elf yet, but will have to go looking this week. I think ours will be "Uh-Oh" the elf. Seems appropriate considering the mischief they bring. Can't wait to start. When does your elf first visit your house?

Maybe he should come with a girl friend. Now - to think of a name for her that will work with his name. Any ideas?

I think this will bring some much needed laughter into our house this Christmas.

I'm planning on making them all little elf shoes... because I have lost my mind. :) (and because the shoes looked so super cute) I'll post the link when I get home tonight...

someone else posted on another board about getting the bathtime crayola stuff so the elves could write on the bathroom mirrors and play tic-tac-toe, hangman, etc... I am thinking that would be pretty funny. :)

maggie

Obviously I am way behind but I am so gonna do this one. LOVE it!!!

hey back at ya jacksmomma :)

wegmans has a TON of elves... all very cute and not expensive 5-15 dollars.... also had several different elf ornaments... needless to say I now own yet another elf and some more ornaments...

maggie

Darn you Maggie! Like I need one more thing! How cute would it be to have a little elf Christmas tree. Each day one of our 4 elves could bring an ornament for their little tree. OK that would help me with what at least one elf was doing each day. Now to go buy that many little ornaments.

We got an Elf on the Shelf first because the creators are local & did a book signing the first year they came out. DH took one of our daughters to the signing. Maggie decided the next year I wasn't being challenged enough to make the one elf do crazy things so she sent us another elf. So then our little friend who passed away from cancer had started https://www.elvesfromcatie.com/ so we had to have one of those. That gave all but one child an elf so we bought a cute one at a local flower shop. They are really lots of fun!

Just found our elf sleigh is broken. Need to make a run for a new one.

We got an Elf on the Shelf first because the creators are local & did a book signing the first year they came out. DH took one of our daughters to the signing. Maggie decided the next year I wasn't being challenged enough to make the one elf do crazy things so she sent us another elf. So then our little friend who passed away from cancer had started https://www.elvesfromcatie.com/ so we had to have one of those. That gave all but one child an elf so we bought a cute one at a local flower shop. They are really lots of fun!

Just found our elf sleigh is broken. Need to make a run for a new one.

hahahahahahahahaahahaha, well one elf is just not enough! :) I really want to do a flat stanley thing with my elves... I'll have to figure out how to do that. see how other elves work or something like that... :)

if y'all are looking for reindeer, cvs has the same set of reindeer they had last year, very cute....

maggie

Hi All!

I was at Michael's this afternoon and they had 2 cute little "elf" items that I bought. The first were cute little elf mugs for $1/each. They are about 2" high and shaped like an elf's head. The handle is the elf's hat. Found them on an end cap. They also had santas, reindeer and snowmen. The second thing was a "Grow an Elf" thingie---where you put the tiny elf in water and he grows to 600% his size.. That was also only $1. I got the last elf at my Michael's, but there were other Christmas "grow" items like snowflakes, presents, ornaments etc.

Just an FYI.....I'm always on the lookout for ELF items!! :santa:

ahhhh.... dec 1st and the elves have arrived (much to my dd's dismay :) as she is almost 16) :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

they wrote all over the bathroom mirror last night and are now "resting" in their tent. I'm sure that they will get into all kinds of trouble this month.:goodvibes

maggie

Buffy :rotfl2: immigration LOVE IT!!!

So in our house Ernie and Elmo (reindeer) will be arriving this weekend. they come on the day we bring in the tree. I've gotten a snowman to tag along for this year but need a name for him other than frosty.

I also have to come up with an idea for the kiddo's birthday night. He's turning 10 and will have a bunch of buddies over 2 of them have already asked if Ernie and Elmo will be here. So I need a good one any really good ideas to keep these boys believen'? last year was a snowball fight in the hallway they woke up to over 300 cotton balls all over.

....BTW, it was a SAD day when my daughter found out that Twinkle the Elf wasn't real. :sad2: She cried for days like a real person had died. I felf horrible for her. So just be prepared when that day comes. For her, the Santa thing was no big deal, but the elf was her friend!

I was afraid of this with DS as well - that he'd miss the elves more than the big guy, but the other day he told me he'd been talking about them with his friends and someone said "I bet our parents move them." I asked him, "Would that make it any less fun?" and he said "Nah" and went on with what he was doing. - So our elves are still up to their nightly adventures. I'm half waiting for him to sneak down early and move them on me!

So far this year, ours have tried to get into our ceramic gingerbread house, brought DS a slinky and set up steps for it, and made some progress on a Lego model DS has been working on.

Our elves arrived a few days late because I was sick... they've been taking it easy while I recovered and I think the youngest is trying to figure out why the jet lag has been so bad on them this year! LOL I will get them going tonight.....

The kids all know but for some reason DS10 still thinks these elves are the real deal..reporting in... to me and dad I guess....so who am I to complain... the older kids could have cared less...but than again they were really more worried about the fact that the bug beat the stuffin' and put mommy on her back!

Looks like my elves are just about through customs and immigration. Something about bringing live animals and plants over the border. Damn TSA!!!

I think the first order of business is a letter from Santa.

Today our elves left a new Christmas pencil and some individual packages of lemonheads! The kids were thrilled... although, DS10 did protest that these elves have been "lame" this year.. no pranks... so tonight before we leave for the ball game I'm going to have him go sit in the van while I tell DD17 how to trash the house~!!!

Our elves arrived this am and have already wrapped themselves in a coyote hide and drank some of dad's beer (after I went to bed!!) what they and he were thinking I'm not sure. E on the other hand woke me up this am laughing like this :rotfl2:

Nan guess he will have some extra chores since he inspired the elves naughtiness?

our elves need to get on the ball... of course it's been crazy here with the whole irish dance regionals... that's over now and I can now deal with the elves.... perhaps some book wrapping today...:rotfl2:

Book wrapping is on for tomorrow night... I forgot tonight... The elves brought the "bug" with them because now DH is sick! He blames Keebler his elf... Keebler is confined to the igloo tent til further notice!

Book wrapping is on for tomorrow night... I forgot tonight... The elves brought the "bug" with them because now DH is sick! He blames Keebler his elf... Keebler is confined to the igloo tent til further notice!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

hope dh and keebler are better soon. :)

They are on the mend Maggie...but if DH whines one more time.. he is gonna be confined to the snowbank out front! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter