88 days til christmas, time to restart the christmas elf thread...

nicurn

<font color=red>"dark side" scrapper <br><font col
ok, so it's time to restart the christmas elf thread... I need some new ideas for what fun pranks my elves can play this dec.

for those not familiar with elves... I guess the best place to get an explanation would be elf on a shelf. (although that elf is quite creepy looking :) )

I will look for last year's thread(s), I know there was a big one on the budget board and there was one here. it's really quite entertaining to do. :) as bernardandmissbianca and princessnancy can tell ya... (since they get the text messages.. "oh you have to run to M's or J's or target... they are selling...." :)

maggie

:wave:

I'm hoping to get my "elves" in a row next week and get my plans together!!! I haven't been out shopping or looking at all yet!!! : (

88 Days..crush.. need to get lists/organize and a battle plan!!!

I'm planning on making them all little elf shoes... because I have lost my mind. :) (and because the shoes looked so super cute) I'll post the link when I get home tonight...

someone else posted on another board about getting the bathtime crayola stuff so the elves could write on the bathroom mirrors and play tic-tac-toe, hangman, etc... I am thinking that would be pretty funny. :)

maggie

We have an elf on the shelf..... his name is shelf.... not to original, but hes our elf! this sounds fun looking fwd to hearing more!

I think I have a list of elf activities... can't get to it right now but once I get home... the elves get into ALL kinds of trouble at our house.....

I'm counting down the days til the Elves take the car for a joy ride to Wendys for burgers and frostys. LOL

I never did get my life guard chair..............

How ironic to find this thread. Last week DD was looking though DH's office and found our elf, Little Dickens! I had to come up with a story on how he was hanging out in the house spying on her to see if she has been good or naughty.

This summer Little Dickens arrived on our vacation in North Conway, NH. The morning we went to Santa's Village he was in the driver's seat of the car with his hands on the steering wheel ready to go!

Great timing. It is time to start thinking about it. Our elves just switched our GPS and a 3 hour drive to vacation because a surprise 24 hour drive to Disney! Not so sure I can keep up with those elves anymore.

list so far (compiled from various places from last year)

playing tic tac toe or hangman on bathroom mirror

playing with xbox, nintendo wii, etc

watching dvd's, tv

decorate room with snowflakes

toilet paper a room

leave mini tree in bedrooms

decorate family tree with underwear

hide in tree

making snow angels on kitchen countertops

playing with kid's toys (puzzles, games, blocks, legos)

“crash” the car on lawn or driveway with fast food wrappers all over the inside

snowboarding down banister

fishing in fish tank (or bathtub/sink)

hot air ballooning (balloon from party store and basket for elves to sit it)

teaching kid's stuffed animals how to “fly” (hanging from ceiling fan)

decorate a room for another holiday (valentines, st patrick's, etc)

building fort out of canned goods/cereal boxes

baking cookies in kitchen and making a mess

hanging candy canes everywhere

making paper chains

elves bring christmas crafts for kids to do

roasting marshmallows over campfire by tent

if they arrive early enough, could eat the rest of the halloween candy

outline toilet/rest of bathroom with xmas lights

“gift wrap” kids school books and leave in back pack

“gift wrap” kid's bed

try to wrap presents but get stuck in tape, wrapping paper

elf snowball fight (with cotton balls)

hang out in freezer because they are homesick

take pictures of everyone sleeping with the elves in the pictures

ride bikes/scooters in house

use the laundry pile as a sledding hill

take a white marshmallow bath in sink

make zip lines from top of xmas tree to floor

re arrange furniture

leave post it notes everywhere

leave elf jokes around the house

elf found sleeping in xmas wreath

elf caught trying to peek into presents

wrap the toilet lid

toilet paper xmas tree

elves on the computer checking the “norad tracking santa” site

use nutcrackers as bowling pins

try and feed the nutcrackers candy and get hand stuck in mouth

elf ties all the socks together and goes bungie jumping (or lowers himself out the window)

change all the shoelaces to xmas (or novelty ones)

elf made breakfast, everything is “mini” (ie: elf size)

elf writes in “elf activities” on calendar like, take elf dancing, take elf to look at xmas lights, etc

take the elves to get their pictures taken with santa

Dare you to wrap that track uniform!!!!

Maybe our little elves can make a drive by next week after all the homecoming festivities!!! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I think PJ needs a co-pilot other than DS14 in the morning!

Thanks for reminding me...I need to dig mine out and list them on ebay. My dd was afraid to have them in the house last year. We had them leave (complete with note from Santa saying they went back to the North Pole).

Thanks for reminding me...I need to dig mine out and list them on ebay. My dd was afraid to have them in the house last year. We had them leave (complete with note from Santa saying they went back to the North Pole).

oh no! were they scary looking elves?

Where does everyone get their elves? I saw the Elf on a Shelf, but its a little freaky looking. I am looking at Elf Magic, but since I would love to have 2 or 3, so each of my girls have their "own" elf, 30 bucks plus shipping can get a bit expensive. Anyone have any other places they have bought theirs?

I am so excited to do this. It sounds like sooo much fun. I can't wait for Halloween to be over so I can decorate and talk about Christmas without revealing the nut that I really am! :rotfl2:

I was waiting for someone to start the thread for this year! :rotfl: I was going to do it yesterday but feared I might be too soon :rotfl: :rotfl: Glad there's others thinking Christmas too :santa:

My daughters were already writing a letter to Santa the other day asking him to please send Charlie back this year for a 3rd year.... now it's just a matter of finding new mischievous ideas for Charlie to do :thumbsup2

Where does everyone get their elves? I saw the Elf on a Shelf, but its a little freaky looking. I am looking at Elf Magic, but since I would love to have 2 or 3, so each of my girls have their "own" elf, 30 bucks plus shipping can get a bit expensive. Anyone have any other places they have bought theirs?

I am so excited to do this. It sounds like sooo much fun. I can't wait for Halloween to be over so I can decorate and talk about Christmas without revealing the nut that I really am! :rotfl2:

This is "Charlie"
http://www.amazon.com/Plush-Santas-...r_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285681491&sr=8-1

.... last year we bought the girl elf as well (Holly).... she was learning the ropes from Charlie so they caused double the mischief!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter