88 days til christmas, time to restart the christmas elf thread...

I am so glad I found this thread. This will be our first year doing this and I think I am going to go with the Elf Magic. I am always looking for fun new traditions for the holidays to do with our girls and this looks like something they will definitely enjoy!

hi,

i have posted on another part of the site about a 2010 thread, as it was in the same area as i had the link for last years.

there are loads of ideas on my elfs website. also if your elf has facebook, come find him - bertie elfkins.

How do you introduce the elves to the Children, do you leave the elf with a letter from Santa?? Ask the to register on Elf on the shelf website??
.This is the first time I have seen anything about the elves.. living in Australia.. bit far from the North Pole. But i'm sure my DS 7 and DS5 will love him, especially if he is a little naughty at night. It also the summer school holiday starting 3rd December so it will give them something to do.

Hope someone can help

michelle

You could write a letter saying your elves are in training to be Santa's helpers and that you are supposed to report back to Santa about their behavior. Only, they get into a ton of mischief along the way.

So cross country is over and DS needs to return his warm ups before Thanksgiving. However, Fencing starts the Monday after so I can wrap his foil, glove, and pants.

I still need to come up with fancy elfin names. (can't remember the names I chose last year, darn brains a sieve!)
3 boys, 1 girl.

I also found a cupcake cookbook at the bookfair, it had cupcake Elves!!!!!

IMG_0463.jpg

I'm going to buy the book tomorrow or monday (it's at the school book fair). So I'll copy the recipe as soon as I get it.
All of the decorations in the book were made from candy.

Hello All,
I have been reading this thread for about a month now and finally ordered our ELF last night. I decided to go with ELF Magic. The Elf on the shelf was just too freaky looking for me, lol. I am so excited to get him. I have two sons, ages 6 and 2 1/2, and I think they are going to LOVE their elf. I was trying to figure out how to tell the kids about it so this morning at breakfast I had a talk with my oldest. I am going to be starting back to work in a week so I told him that I was really going to need some help making sure that Santa knew that they were being good boys since I was going back to work and would be really tired and busy now. I told him that some of my friends had emailed or sent letters to Santa and asked if he could send an elf to keep an eye on the kids. He was SO excited about it and said, Oh yes, please send Santa an email. So tonight we typed up the email asking for him to send us an elf. Not sure how I am going to give the elf to the boys, but will figure something out. Thanks everyone for posting your ideas on elf mischief. I have already started a list of things that I want to do. Can't wait to post pics later!!!!!

I've just tried to order from Elf Magic , but it was $160 + for delivery to Australia for 2 elves and a book.. does anyone know where i can get cheaper ones from, really liked them as wanted blond and brunette boy ones to match sons hair colouring.
Michelle

I've just tried to order from Elf Magic , but it was $160 + for delivery to Australia for 2 elves and a book.. does anyone know where i can get cheaper ones from, really liked them as wanted blond and brunette boy ones to match sons hair colouring.
Michelle

have you tried ebay?

Hey Nan and NICURN!

So I am going to take the plunge and get an elf! I was on the fence about it, but Jacka needs a visual reminder that his behavior is being monitored (I guess that is what happens when your preschooler hangs out with his teenaged cousins!) So I am now off to hunt an elf...I looked at Meijer last night, they had nothing. I will have to hit up Michael's and Walmart tonight. :goodvibes

hey back at ya jacksmomma :)

wegmans has a TON of elves... all very cute and not expensive 5-15 dollars.... also had several different elf ornaments... needless to say I now own yet another elf and some more ornaments...

maggie

Hi NICU RN....I'm a NICU nurse too (shhh......actually I'm at work right now!) Just thought I'd say "hi" to a fellowbaby nurse! :goodvibes

How do you introduce this all to your kids? What do you do to get them interrested? How do I let him know this is a daily occurrence until Christmas? Gonna find an elf this week and get this started. My 6 yr old will love this. I'm just not sure how to let him know it's an every day type thing without ruining the magic of it for him. Any ideas?

How do you introduce this all to your kids? What do you do to get them interrested? How do I let him know this is a daily occurrence until Christmas? Gonna find an elf this week and get this started. My 6 yr old will love this. I'm just not sure how to let him know it's an every day type thing without ruining the magic of it for him. Any ideas?

i was quite lucky my now 5yr old asked when he was 2 for an elf to come and stay..... so when we wrote our christmas letters to santa we put in his about an elf......well we got a letter back from santa saying he had assigned an elf to us for christmas.

when elf arrived on dec 1st he had another letter from santa explaining that the elf was going to keep an eye on what went on and whether everyone was good or bad, plus this elf has been known to get up to mischief in the past, so we needed to keep an eye on him.

now they just write santa a letter asking for elf to come back if he has finished all his jobs at north pole

Just an FYI, my local TJMaxx Home Goods had a ton of Annalee Elves for $12.99 yesterday. They also had a little reindeer and some other little animals for $9.99. I think I need to go back and pick up a friend for Little Dickens! :rotfl:

Hey Nan and NICURN!

So I am going to take the plunge and get an elf! I was on the fence about it, but Jacka needs a visual reminder that his behavior is being monitored (I guess that is what happens when your preschooler hangs out with his teenaged cousins!) So I am now off to hunt an elf...I looked at Meijer last night, they had nothing. I will have to hit up Michael's and Walmart tonight. :goodvibes

Hobby Lobby had some cute elves. I got mine from www.northpolemagic.com

I think they are much cuter than the ones from Elf Magic........

My kids are 11 and 14, and while they know now that the elves aren't real, they still want the mischeif to continue......BTW, it was a SAD day when my daughter found out that Twinkle the Elf wasn't real. :sad2: She cried for days like a real person had died. I felf horrible for her. So just be prepared when that day comes. For her, the Santa thing was no big deal, but the elf was her friend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter