• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, you gotta spend money on SOMETHING (gambling?) in order to get all that free, don'tcha?
Well go and forget everything is different than going there just to sleep! LOL

To get started, yes...you have to gamble to get the offers. But we haven't gone more than once or twice a year in the last 3 years now. We just happen to know someone......;)

Just had a flash of the Garth Brooks song..."I've Got Friends in Low Places...." :laughing:

Since it's our first time to cruise as CC members.. anyone know what they give as the stateroom gift now for CC members?

For the Mexican Riviera it was a DCL bag...nice canvas one that's handy to take to the beach. And it had a couple of plastic water bottles in it, a small notebook and pen....maybe something else, but I don't remember.

One month from today we'll be on our flight to LAX!!

Woohoo! :woohoo:

I'm NOT a Goose!
I'm an Intergalactic Starfarin' Space Swabbie!

spacepirate.jpg

Um ya! Sure you are! :laughing:

Just thought that I would post some DCL info in case anyone else is curious.

Disney's Oceaneer Club and Disney's Oceaneer Lab will have separate
talent shows. Those 8-10 years of age will have their show in Rockin Bar D.

Once you are on the ship, sign-ups for the show can be made at the
Disney's Oceaneer Lab desk.

There will also be a family talent show at the end of the cruise.

The Guest talent show will be taking place in the Rockin' Bar D lounge
at 7:30pm on the last night. The rehearsal will most likely be the sea
day before in the afternoon. Please check your Personal Navigator for
updates.

DD likes them..me..so way..had them once..that's enough..of course DD is much more willing to try things..her favorite is quail..and she loves frog legs...

Brendan said he is hoping frog legs were going to be on the menu!

Why is it that wedding shopping, planning, etc. must always be followed by "beverages?" Don't we realize that those "beverages" add to the waist line? Guess I should take my own advice and not pour myself another "beverage." :rolleyes1 ;)
:

After the day I had yesterday (WDW lost my parents ressie for next month!)plus a few other think I needed my friend and my "lemonade"!
We had so much fun!

Hope everyone has a great day! Congrats to all who finally made it out of the lifeboats and for those that didn't---you will soon:wizard:

I think I have sent my room number to everyone I was supposed to and signed up on the pirate board with it----I am really behind, so if I needed something else, please let me know. (I sent for SM, Lanyard, bracelets,and FE) I tried Chrissie for a name tag, but her pm box is full--will try that tomorrow.
Sorry! I cleaned out my pm box and I am going to get more out!!!

Congrats to all the pirates who are out of the life boats! Hang in there those of you still waiting!

Chrissie

Two people on the board have told me I am on the wrong side for the locks and to get pitures. :sad2: I do hope you are correct.:worship: :worship:

Cheryl, I can't imagine that they would leave out half of the ship for this! Imagine the uprising.....:eek:
What side are you on?

:confused3 Cruise Question:confused3

Anyone who is arriving early to CA for the cruise...

How are you getting from the hotel to the port?
&
From the Port to the airport?

We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel.

I thought we would take the Gray Line Disneyland Express. It leaves every 30 minutes and one way is $20 Adult and $17 for chilred 3-11. That way we can just hop on one when we get in the afternoon of the 14th.

Important Information!!

The sailaway meet and greet was going to be 3 pm above Scoops on Deck 10 but because of the fire drill we need to move up the time to 2 pm. I think we should also have it after the firedrill so we can pay for the lanyards and wristbands!!:rolleyes1 We would sure hate Desiree and Tina trying to track all of us for our lanyards and wrist bands.

Desiree and I could form a posse! :rotfl: Just kidding.

You didn't hear what he said then :lmao: He told me that night we were on the wrong sides of him because he could still hear you :rotfl: :rotfl: :hug:

I guess I still love him anyway!!!:lovestruc :lovestruc

Pity, John seemed like such a nice guy! ;)

Yes we will!!! :yay: But you're staying at DLH right? Just making sure. Have a good day too!

Yep! We are at DLH. Diane I'm at work, how good of a day can it be?:lmao: Than we have a sb game tonight. I'm very tempted to take my FE gifts to work on! Then I went online to check the sb league standings and if dd's team wins Monday night they go one to Tues!

OK, I know I'm sick! I just made ressies for 2/15-2/21 2009 at OKW! :banana: DD's school has a break that week and I do like going in Feb. The only thing is it's President's day that Monday. Last time we were there that week it was crowded. Got a studio and still have pts for another visit! Hey, I have to have something to look forward to!:)

I have to ask if the drill is not at its usual time of 4 with all the posts that reference it. This was probably covered long ago before I took the summer off of work, but there was no way that I could keep up with this thread when I was working 70+ hours a week. TIA!

It WAS earlier in LA. I want to say 3:00 or 3:30. Will go look at my notes.

Just thought that I would post some DCL info in case anyone else is curious.

Disney's Oceaneer Club and Disney's Oceaneer Lab will have separate
talent shows. Those 8-10 years of age will have their show in Rockin Bar D.

Once you are on the ship, sign-ups for the show can be made at the
Disney's Oceaneer Lab desk.

There will also be a family talent show at the end of the cruise.

The Guest talent show will be taking place in the Rockin' Bar D lounge
at 7:30pm on the last night. The rehearsal will most likely be the sea
day before in the afternoon. Please check your Personal Navigator for
updates.

Ah Oh, dd will love this!

Cheryl, I can't imagine that they would leave out half of the ship for this! Imagine the uprising.....:eek:
What side are you on?

Stace, the way it was explained is that there is a strip between the 2 locks and the photographers get out on the starboard side and take pictures. They can't get out on that strip between the locks. Least that is the way I understood it.

...[ed]...

In my son's case a few weeks go.................he got hit by a car that was pursued by a police car right through a parking lot. The sirens and lights were not on but the other car knew he was being chased. The man hit my son's car and car was totaled excpet for a few bruises...He was okay. The only bad part is the police did not admit to chasing the car because their lights were not on. My son has no recourse to recover his damage of $10,000 from the state. The man who hit him had no insurance so my son lost his car and had to pay the deducaible. My son is at least trying to claim his medical bills of over $800 dollars which his medical insurance will not pay. The understanding is that when no lights or sirens are on....the police are not in a real chase. Therefore the police are not considered responsable.The man who hit my son was being followed for over an hour. The man beat his live in girlfriend and her son. he definitely he was in the wrong but my son is the one who ended up with the loss. the only good thing the man did not have any money and is still in jail!!!...[ed]...:

Cheryl, this is really rotten luck. It's bad folks like this who need to be pinched out of the gene pool... or at least physically removed from the mainstream of society. I'm just sorry to hear your son had to be part of the process of removing this purp from our presence. And... it S*#@s that your insurance did not cover your sons losses sufficiently.

This brings to mind .... back when I was riding the bicycle in the fund raiser for Multiple Sclerosis the fellow who hit me also hit someone else in another car accident a month or so earlier. He had traffic violations sufficient with the first accident to have lost his insurance. His occupation was NOT the type you could garnish (he was a occassional construction laborer it seems) so he appearred judgement proof. I did not have much recourse against him - however I did get a maximum settlement from my insurance for uninsured motorist (which was neither great or insignificant). Which - by the way - seemed to REQUIRE that I go personally to the settlement office on crutches with the arm brace for my cast to DEMAND a resolution.

I ended up pursuing this fellow out of spite (paying a bit out of my pocket in the process) however, in the end he was proven to my satisfaction to be judgement proof. It seems kind of rotten the system allows bad drivers like the ones that hit your son and me a chance to harm others in the process of reducing thier access to a vehicle or freedom. And worse that there are unfair cracks in the system where you're not made whole through insurance.

I've since increased my uninsured motorist benefits since I have the opinion that most insured drivers are desperately trying to be careful so as to preserve thier good insurance rates - and the potential problems are from the UNINSURED drivers who really don't give a D*mn about anyone else.

For this reason - and for better or worse - I look upon those in law enforcement as our best hope for tracking down and penalizing or removing those who deserve to be removed from our society - gradually - again for better or worse - this seems to be our system. Imperfect as it is - I guess..... in seperating the negligent from those who are "chronic problems" for society...

paris_jail_2.jpg

Is there a code for a discount for SuperShuttle , I just realized after all this time we didnt make any arrangements to get from SNA to the DLH .... So all you code people , do you have one with a good discount ????

pirate:

Hi Gang,

Just a thought - did anyone other than Pamela & myself get tea reservations for 8/21 - it makes it easier to roll these over for the Wench's and make it easier for Palo to accomodate our group!
Couldn't get anything but dinner during hassle free, so no tea reservations for me.

I think I am going to need another door for all of these magnets! Anyways...Richard found a cute backround from Cars and I did this one for our anniversary..

cars.jpg
Can I have the graphics please? DH is a car guy and that would be cute. I am sure he would like it better than the Mickey and Minnie holding hands and looking at the sunset that I like.:lmao: So his and hers magnets could work. I just make mine in MS Word, so I would love to have the graphic to add my own title.

But, hey, does that really matter? :)

I want to run a piece of email by you to see what you think. I know that some of you on this thread are also DVC members. I get emailed and pm'd a lot about DVC and my thoughts, so I decided to put a little something together. I wanted to see what you all think, suggestions you might have, et cetera.

Looks great. I still want to do this, but we are waiting for the housing market to improve (DH works for a custom home builder). I check the listings all the time and dream. When Publisher's Clearing House come to my door we will definately become members.:rotfl:

Yep! We are at DLH. Diane I'm at work, how good of a day can it be?:lmao: Than we have a sb game tonight. I'm very tempted to take my FE gifts to work on! Then I went online to check the sb league standings and if dd's team wins Monday night they go one to Tues!

OK, I know I'm sick! I just made ressies for 2/15-2/21 2009 at OKW! :banana: DD's school has a break that week and I do like going in Feb. The only thing is it's President's day that Monday. Last time we were there that week it was crowded. Got a studio and still have pts for another visit! Hey, I have to have something to look forward to!:)

Work stinks! :hug: I'm still a SAHM until at least the end of October so I'm really enjoying my last summer off. Yet I still manage to accomplish nothing. Couldn't be all the time I spend on the DIS? :confused3 :laughing:

All I can say is...I am SO glad that BB season finally ended here last week. No more games for us until at least the fall. :cool1:

Sick? Like Disney sick? Um yep us too! :goodvibes We are actually heading to WDW in October, only 5 weeks after we return from the TOAL! My kids have a 5 day weekend so we are taking them out for a day before & after so we can spend a week during the F&W. We are bringing friends & have a 2 br at SSR. I thought it was a good idea when we booked it, but now it's just adding a bit of stress to the TOAL, because I'm trying to make plans for both trips. :rolleyes:

I just double checked....

Lifeboat drill is at 3:30 and sailaway party starts immediately thereafter

Is there a code for a discount for SuperShuttle , I just realized after all this time we didnt make any arrangements to get from SNA to the DLH .... So all you code people , do you have one with a good discount ????

pirate:

Todd I think we used UYR59 (travelocity preferred member). A very kind person posted it here (but I can't remember who) & it gave us $5.00 off. We booked a private sedan because it was only a bit more than a shared van & it came to $87.32 including gratuity for 4 of us from LGB to DLH.

I have to ask if the drill is not at its usual time of 4 with all the posts that reference it. This was probably covered long ago before I took the summer off of work, but there was no way that I could keep up with this thread when I was working 70+ hours a week. TIA!

Life boat drill is at 3:30 that is why I suggested before or after to meet. It really is in the middle of our plans so we thought 2:00 pm for those that arrive early and after fire drill. Maybe this will make it easier for the wristbands and the lanyards to be given out and collected.

What side are you on?

I am on port side.:sad2: I am not uprising because I know I can visit someone on the other side.:rolleyes1 I was told by two different people who did go through The PC before that the only side is starboard. I am only believing what I was told.:headache: :headache:

Woohoo! :woohoo:

Um ya! Sure you are! :laughing:

VOY207.jpg
270px-ST-VOY_Bride_of_Chaotica.jpg

Diane!

How DARE you question my mental state!​

< chuckles >

VOY195.gif

So if I'm NOT to be acknowledged as a Starfarin' Space Swabbie...

then how about a StarFLEET Captain or Human turned Farengi wanna-be?

VOY242.jpg
VOY144.jpg

I don't suppose I could interest you in a discounted MEMBERship in the Federation?​

Sick? Like Disney sick? Um yep us too! :goodvibes We are actually heading to WDW in October, only 5 weeks after we return from the TOAL! My kids have a 5 day weekend so we are taking them out for a day before & after so we can spend a week during the F&W. We are bringing friends & have a 2 br at SSR. I thought it was a good idea when we booked it, but now it's just adding a bit of stress to the TOAL, because I'm trying to make plans for both trips. :rolleyes:

We're going back 3 weeks later! Sept. 25. And again on Jan. 8.

Jan. may be our last WDW trip for a while. We are considering taking a low-key, (i.e. cheaper) vacation in 2009. In an odd way, Europe might be cheaper for us. We're thinking about hopping $5 military flights & Eurorailing for a week or so. Can't beat the price on flights, but we can't plan for exactly where on the continent we'd end up! Urber-planner me is having trouble with that concept...I told DH I would have to over-plan for 57 different scenarios. ;) Or we might just charter a sailboat for 2 weeks and head towards Charleston & back...OR we might spend a week in Put-In-Bay, OH. The only down side of that is I'm sure my in-laws would join us for the entire week. I like them, heck I like my side of the family, I just don't feel compelled to vacation with them all the time.

Side rant: MIL keeps planning these "family vacations" without consulting anyone else's schedule & then gets upset when not everyone can make it. Ex. we were all supposed to be in the cabin they rented in southern Ohio last week...problem is BIL & I both had to work, DH could only take 2 days and SIL is 6 months pregnant and not keen on bunk-bed sleeping for a week. SOOOO, MIL announced this weekend that she's not planning any more family trips, she's just going to come along on our vacations from now on...:scared1: I know she means it because she invited herself on our Hawaii vacation last year. Sorry, I'm an evil DIL, vent over.

Life boat drill is at 3:30 that is why I suggested before or after to meet. It really is in the middle of our plans so we thought 2:00 pm for those that arrive early and after fire drill. Maybe this will make it easier for the wristbands and the lanyards to be given out and collected.

I am on port side.:sad2: I am not uprising because I know I can visit someone on the other side.:rolleyes1 I was told by two different people who did go through The PC before that the only side is starboard. I am only believing what I was told.:headache: :headache:

Don't you have something else to say? :goodvibes :lmao: :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter