5th Theme Park

You haven't been to Disney yet? Are you kidding me? Yet you have the inside track on Burbank forethought to comment on my posts? Your emotional reaction and uninformed opinion means you're probably not old enough to visit the parks on your own, and I'd say you've pretty much lost any credibility you had on this topic.

But since you like to throw up links that probably took you the better part of an hour to Google, why don't you try this one on for size? Here's something to help you...

www.disneyworld.disney.go.com

Go ahead. Tell 'em Uncle Walt sent you. :)

I guess the fact I have been into the business of theme parks and a coaster enthusist since I was 5 (I have ridden coasters that you never heard of and never will) and I am 34 now doesnt matter as far as credentials huh? Also the fact I study coasters and parks for my paintings adn that I am the only artist outside graphic design devoted to painting coasters and such as hangable artworks in the U.S.! Thats ok I think most people on these boards know who is credible and who isnt. I stated fact and YOU stated the emotional opinion of what YOU think. I dont see any fact in your opinion. SORRY. Are you a shrink because you gave me an psycho- analytical evaluation. Are you credible to do that?

See you at the board meeting walt!:rotfl:

Gosh this started as a innocent question and once again people are turning this around and being rude and harsh when its not needed. Why dont we get back on track!

Another vote here for tweaking the parks they already have and expanding them. I love the idea of a villains section and it would be great in DHS, as someone else mentioned. DHS is in serious need of some work-adding a villians section would broaden it's appeal in a big way.:thumbsup2

I dont know about an entire park, but id like to see them add on to an existing park like they did with Toon Town and make a whole town like the one in CARS, build it just like the one in the movie and add some type of big race venue to it. They could to a lot with that.

They are doing this at DCA!

I wish MK had a better ToonTown. If they can squeeze a superior one into DL they should be able fit one into the MK.

Villains theme park would be awesome. Or I would just expand the current theme parks and maybe do some add-ons to that.

I guess the fact I have been into the business of theme parks and a coaster enthusist since I was 5 (I have ridden coasters that you never heard of and never will) and I am 34 now doesnt matter as far as credentials huh? Also the fact I study coasters and parks for my paintings adn that I am the only artist outside graphic design devoted to painting coasters and such as hangable artworks in the U.S.! Thats ok I think most people on these boards know who is credible and who isnt. I stated fact and YOU stated the emotional opinion of what YOU think. I dont see any fact in your opinion. SORRY. Are you a shrink because you gave me an psycho- analytical evaluation. Are you credible to do that?

See you at the board meeting walt!:rotfl:

::yes::

Also, surely even if Disney bought a non disney park, they wouldn't necessarily Disney it up. They sure know the formula for succesful (profitable) theme parks, so maybe they would just make a few improvements, and watch the money roll in. Most guests wouldn't know that it was Disney owned.

I may be a lone voice in the crowd but, sea life doesn't amuse me. I think that the Living Seas is a big ole bore. I don't dig zoos. Couldn't wait to get out of the animal portion of Animal Kingdom. I can't imagine wanting to spend a day looking at fish.

Sorry.

I don't have a definite 5th park winner but would love to just see Disney do more cutting edge. Things that haven't been done or seen. Bring in a big ole bag of the Magic, Imagination, and Whimsical Dreaming.

I wouldn't go for a 5th park just yet. I think that there is more work to be done in DHS and AK. I found DHS to be a lopsided park which needs even more rides. After the live action shows are over, half the park closes shop and we are left with TOT and RnRC (which have huge waits). That side of the park become a crush of teenagers. The families had left I suppose. We even had trouble finding a descent meal when we visited with our kids. Finally, we gave up and simply went back to our hotel.

I haven't been since TSM. I am sure that it's a good start. Keep adding rides.
As far as the MK goes, isn't the space that is formerly 20,000 Leagues still mostly vacant?

I totally agree...DHS needs alot of work...I really just dont even like going to DHS..In Florida thats what Disney needs to focus on...adding more to each park even MK...I would personally like to see some new countries in Epcot..and aquarium type addition with even a dolphins show to rival SW would be a neat addition to AK

as far as new Park...I think Disney has done that already with its expansion to other countries and in LA also a cruise line...Universal, Busch nor SW can compete with that...

I would like to see more magic added to the current parks instead of adding something new...

Wasnt there talk a while back about a limited capacity park....seems like I read somethin about that

I think the comments about Disney not being in the business of thrill rides is not quite right...not wrong either...Disney doesnt offer the in your face thrills that say a Cedar Point offers...Coaster after coaster...with no real themeing...Disney plays into a different part of the thrill ride...the theming... they like to get into your head before and during a ride, nostalgia, sensory overload type stuff...its what causes the magic that we hear so much about and experience.... I have been to Carowinds many times and love roller coasters but it could never compete with the feeling and emotion that I get when I go to Disney....Same goes for Universal and SW...although SW is the only other park that affects in some of the same way Disney does....So saying Disney isnt interested is wrong, I believe they are but just concerned about losing what they have taken many years to build...Magic

Add a vote from me just to expand the existing parks, specifically Animal Kingdom and DHS. I love the idea of DisneySea (like in Tokyo), or a Sea World type experience, however, I think with a little tweaking, a sea experience could be added to the AK as an awesome new land.

Ditto the awesome Villain-roller-coaster/thrill ride park. I love that idea too, but think it could be added as a land to either the MK or DHS (preferably DHS because it already has thrill rides, and it needs expanding.)

I may be in the minority, but I think adding a 5th gate might be a little too much. I already have trouble fitting everything into my trips with four parks. Add a fifth, and I'll have to spend an entire month in Disney each time just to see everything. Wait, on second thought, maybe a month in Disney isn't so bad.:lmao:

My 2 great entertainment loves are Disney and Nintendo.....If only there was a way to combine them. Sigh. :rolleyes1

I have thought about this one a lot. (Ok Disney I want a consultancy fee if you steal my idea LOL)

I would have 2 parks in 1. It would be open 24 hours.

Park 1 - daytime - aimed at kids and families. More up to date rides and attractions. Also with a small indoor waterpark. Up to approx 12/13. Don't have adults waiting in line for kids rides

Park 2 - Disney after dark - Thrill rides and more thrill rides. teenagers and adults only. I appreciate this is not family friendly but Disney needs to attract more people and long lines to get on "Small World" for example put couples, teenage groups, adults off waiting.

I vote for a new attraction in Innoventions. . .

Each person will have their own little cubicle with a small desktop and keyboard in it.

The computers would link to some sort of central hub where you can all type comments to each other and hide behind the annonymity of the numerous cubicles.

Participants will be encouraged to create controversy whenever possible, make attacks one each other's intelligence, gain points for mindless insults, and just being rude in general.

Now that sounds like entertainment to me!!!!!!!!:banana:

Each person will have their own little cubicle with a small desktop and keyboard in it.

The computers would link to some sort of central hub where you can all type comments to each other and hide behind the annonymity of the numerous cubicles.

Participants will be encouraged to create controversy whenever possible, make attacks one each other's intelligence, gain points for mindless insults, and just being rude in general.

I think that's called "the DIS boards"....

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

i second the idea of a sea/water themed park. not an actual water park like blizzard beach - i mean a florida version of tokyo disney sea. that park looks amazing, but i doubt i'll ever make it to japan!

The one demographic Disney is weaker on is the teen and thrill seeker market and this would cement them as the family destination with something for absolutely everyone. Since it is Disney, most parents would have no problems letting their teens go off to the 5th park on their own while the parents may choose something else.

correct me if i am wrong but it's my understanding that disney does not allow anyone under 18 in the parks without an adult chaperone.

You have a cubicle?!! I don't get a cubicle!!! :mad:

I'm sorry if I stole this from someone else, I didn't read the entire thread. From what I read there has been a lot of talk of a Disney Sea, but Disney already has one of the world's largest aquariums at Epcot. I got thinking, and I think I have a pretty good idea.

One of the things that Walt was fascinated in was the future, after all there are two themed areas in two different parks about it. What if the 5th park was about the Future and Innovation? You could have an area themed to the future that never was (SciFi, old 50's ideas of the future etc.) and the future that once was (Taking a step back in time through all of the inventions that changed the world) and the future that has yet to written (Focus on key ideas of innovation and thinking outside of the box)

Obviously this would have to be expanded and adapted so it can be made into rides, maybe have Test Track like ride that goes through all the changes of the car, a ride through all the major changes in aviation where you actually fly on the different planes etc. You could really get a wide variety of rides and attraction that could include rollercoasters as well as slower rides.

What I would like to see is a new Toontown...It would help a lot with little kids knowing who all of the old characters are. I feel like they only care about the new stuff like Hannah Montana. A whole park full of it would be nice and maybe even throw in some thrill rides for the teens.

The whole thrill ride idea would be good but I would like it themed so it has the Disney "magic" and not feel like a six flags. If it was like Rock N Rollercoaster that would be good because that is well themed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter