5th Theme Park

twokids0204

DIS Dad #561
If Disney were to build another park, what should the theme be?

I am thinking an aquariam (to give Sea World a run for it's money).

Your thoughts? Ideas?

What would you call the new Park? Maybe "Underwater Kingdom".

OK, your turn....

I love the aquarium idea, but I think that would make a great addition to Animal Kingdom instead of it's own park. I like the villans theme park idea that I've seen around here. Some serious coasters and thrill rides.

dont know what it will be there seriously needs to be a 5th park or a major expansion to all the other parks. They keep building resort after resort...well hello Disney the people in the resorts need some place to go. There is very little slow time at WDW any more even tho I am a Disney junkie and love the place, waiting in 2 hour lines zaps the magic. Either need more attractions in existing parks to thin the crowds or a 5th gate.

I like the idea of a DisneySea Park. Seems like it would fit well and give me one less place to go outside the world.

I love these debates. For me I would prefer right now to see major additions to each park.

As to the 5th park question I like the sea idea, but I would offer something else. One of the big things is lack of Disney and thrill rides. If I was doing a 5th park I would focus hard on thrill rides. Now this is not for me. I don't do thrill rides much. Keep the Disney theme and magic. I think a thrill type park would have a good gate. Families with older kids might book some of those rooms. You would compete for some of those Universal bodies. You could create some new merchandise, resturants, etc. Think it might be good.

I think Disney doing an aquarium type park and competing with SeaWorld is a really really bad idea. There is barely enough going to Orlando to support one aquarium and not nearly enough to support two. Also aquarium parks are typically only one day, maybe two at the most and the last thing Disney needs is another one day park. If Disney did it they would both lose lots of money until SeaWorld Orlando was forced to close. This would not be good PR for Disney, the giant evil corporation that drove the poor, good SeaWorld out of business.

I really think that the 5th park needs to be a thrill type park with lots of rides and make it really big. Not AK big where the park occupies a lot of space but has one of the smaller areas for people to stand in and always seems packed but Epcot or larger with a huge capacity. The one demographic Disney is weaker on is the teen and thrill seeker market and this would cement them as the family destination with something for absolutely everyone. Since it is Disney, most parents would have no problems letting their teens go off to the 5th park on their own while the parents may choose something else. The thrill rides don't have to be the biggest, tallest, or fastest but simply very thrilling and fun.

Now I know some will argue that Disney isn't about thrill rides. Well it wasn't a zoo either until AK was created. For those that say AK isn't a zoo, you either haven't been to a good zoo or are giving Disney way too much credit. Other than an increase in scale and top quality shows there isn't really that much difference betweek AK and my local Atlanta zoo. Disney has the money and talent to do things better so I would expect the same from a thrill park.

I may be a lone voice in the crowd but, sea life doesn't amuse me. I think that the Living Seas is a big ole bore. I don't dig zoos. Couldn't wait to get out of the animal portion of Animal Kingdom. I can't imagine wanting to spend a day looking at fish.

Sorry.

I don't have a definite 5th park winner but would love to just see Disney do more cutting edge. Things that haven't been done or seen. Bring in a big ole bag of the Magic, Imagination, and Whimsical Dreaming.

I wouldn't go for a 5th park just yet. I think that there is more work to be done in DHS and AK. I found DHS to be a lopsided park which needs even more rides. After the live action shows are over, half the park closes shop and we are left with TOT and RnRC (which have huge waits). That side of the park become a crush of teenagers. The families had left I suppose. We even had trouble finding a descent meal when we visited with our kids. Finally, we gave up and simply went back to our hotel.

I haven't been since TSM. I am sure that it's a good start. Keep adding rides.
As far as the MK goes, isn't the space that is formerly 20,000 Leagues still mostly vacant?

Love the idea of a villians thrill ride park. I think they can do some really great things with those ideas! What a great concept!

I love the aquarium idea, but I think that would make a great addition to Animal Kingdom instead of it's own park. I like the villans theme park idea that I've seen around here. Some serious coasters and thrill rides.

same here, need some big rides

I love these debates. For me I would prefer right now to see major additions to each park.

As to the 5th park question I like the sea idea, but I would offer something else. One of the big things is lack of Disney and thrill rides. If I was doing a 5th park I would focus hard on thrill rides. Now this is not for me. I don't do thrill rides much. Keep the Disney theme and magic. I think a thrill type park would have a good gate. Families with older kids might book some of those rooms. You would compete for some of those Universal bodies. You could create some new merchandise, resturants, etc. Think it might be good.

100% agree with this except I like thrill rides. :scared1:

ACTUALLY

Now that Sea World is up for sale Disney is one of the companies eyeing it! This doesnt mean they are thinking about buying it but it does mean they are interested in it OF COURSE Univeral is also interested!!

SO maybe one day SEA WORLD may be disneys 5th gate! Its not an impossible thing. INBEV is asking so much for the park that only the major players seem interested.

ACTUALLY

Now that Sea World is up for sale Disney is one of the companies eyeing it! This doesnt mean they are thinking about buying it but it does mean they are interested in it OF COURSE Univeral is also interested!!

SO maybe one day SEA WORLD may be disneys 5th gate! Its not an impossible thing. INBEV is asking so much for the park that only the major players seem interested.

Sea World is up for sale???? i never knew that. That would be awesome addition to Disney!:cool1:

Sea World is up for sale???? i never knew that. That would be awesome addition to Disney!:cool1:

YES! All of the former BUSCH parks are up for sale! Since the Inbev takeover they are not too interested in keeping the parks! They are trying to sell them as a package though and I think this is why disney hasnt made a move yet. ALTHOUGH with the price so high if somone doesnt make a move soon Inbev may just keep them. Its like that old lady who owns an empty building every since her husband died and is asking so much because deep in her consius she really doesnt want to sell it. Or at least that is what it seems like to me.

SO< if disney does jump on it it would be a 5th gate for WDW plus a handful of parks across the country!

ALSO
If anyone is wondering how I know all this. I have been reading about this on screamscape.com for months now.

YES! All of the former BUSCH parks are up for sale! Since the Inbev takeover they are not too interested in keeping the parks! They are trying to sell them as a package though and I think this is why disney hasnt made a move yet. ALTHOUGH with the price so high if somone doesnt make a move soon Inbev may just keep them. Its like that old lady who owns an empty building every since her husband died and is asking so much because deep in her consius she really doesnt want to sell it. Or at least that is what it seems like to me.

SO< if disney does jump on it it would be a 5th gate for WDW plus a handful of parks across the country!

wow that be awesome :thumbsup2 but as a whole package? thats a lot of parks :rolleyes1

that basicly make a disney empire :worship:

I don't need more thrill rides. I want more dark rides! I think first they need to expand the parks that they have! They have so much land and they could do it without closing parts of the parks. They need to add Beastly Kingdom to DAK, MK could use a new land or two. ToonTown Fair needs a complete overhaul---I've never been to DL but from my understanding their toontown has a lot of attractions and rides!
After that I could see a DisneySea similar to the one in Japan.

Wow, the Night Kingdom does not appeal to me at all. :headache:

I agree with doctia and ChuckGA regarding the need for a new park that has more thrill rides and can compete with Islands of Adventure. Right now the only time we leave Disney is to go to IofA at least once each trip. I'd much rather stay onsite and go to a Disney themed thrill park though!

I also think the Villains theme park is a fantastic idea! :love:

The only idea I could come up with was a Pixar-focused theme park, but they've already used so many of the Pixar characters for rides already that I doubt it'd work. Plus, I don't imagine a Pixar-themed park being very thrilling per se.

Definitely don't think an entire park devoted to the oceans is the way to go. But a thrill park that has a land with a water-theme could definitely work. Did you see pictures of the newest rollercoaster Seaworld has called Manta? You actually go through the water at high speeds -- it looks pretty neat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter