5th Theme Park

Wow, the Night Kingdom does not appeal to me at all. :headache:

I agree with doctia and ChuckGA regarding the need for a new park that has more thrill rides and can compete with Islands of Adventure. Right now the only time we leave Disney is to go to IofA at least once each trip. I'd much rather stay onsite and go to a Disney themed thrill park though!

I also think the Villains theme park is a fantastic idea! :love:

The only idea I could come up with was a Pixar-focused theme park, but they've already used so many of the Pixar characters for rides already that I doubt it'd work. Plus, I don't imagine a Pixar-themed park being very thrilling per se.

Definitely don't think an entire park devoted to the oceans is the way to go. But a thrill park that has a land with a water-theme could definitely work. Did you see pictures of the newest rollercoaster Seaworld has called Manta? You actually go through the water at high speeds -- it looks pretty neat!

MANTA does NOT go through water. It has some effects that make it look as if it does but the train NEVER touches water at all!

Ah, okay! Well, it still looks neat! And it does seem as if you get wet as you pass by the water, no...? :)

Don't know if this is in the works..but I am thinking it must be...

Expand DHS out more and make a LARGE PIXAR section. I have read about the rumored Monster's Inc. Door Rollercoaster ride....

They could do a ride w/ space w/ Wall E
Racing type of thing with Cars
I am sure they could some how to something (I am thinking peter pan like) with Up!

They could also throw in attractions and various things from the Pixar Shorts.

I am thinking it would probably be a little difficult since they branched out the Pixar Attractions to different parks (TOugh to be a Bug in AK, Nemo in Epcot)

They could do the character meals and a new restaurant.

I really enjoy the Pixar movies, I am just not creative haha.

Disney is NOT going to buy any of the InBev parks, not Sea World and not Busch Gardens.

Disney is NOT going to build the Night Kingdom -- it was a idea they shopped around within the company and surveyed some guests for their opinions. It is no longer in the works.

Disney would NEVER build a villians/heroes/thrill park. To do so would involve the most narrow-minded, uninspired imagineering, and frankly it's the sort of thing OTHER parks would do. Disney parks appeal to the masses because they find a harmony with the 8 month-old and the 80 year-old. If you think AK and DHS are half-day parks now, imagine how bad a villains or thrill-ride park would be. Ideas like these merely begin as fluff pieces blogged by Jim Hill who is a dreamer with an internet connection, not an actual journalist.

Also remember, Disney is doing plenty with their theme parks, just not necessarily in WDW. They have committed $1.5 billion to redoing DCA; they just opened HKDL; they are in the process of establishing the groundwork for a DL in Shanghai. They are doing a lot with their parks division, if not where you would like to see it most.

One final note: Take a look at Manta in Sea World. It looks like fun and I plan to ride it some day. Now, imagine that coaster anywhere in Disney World. Can you? Of course not. Disney would never do something that simple. Sea World bought a pre-fabricated coaster and unpackaged like a kid on Christmas morn. They painted it blue and called it Manta. Disney would have to build a mountain around the coaster; theme it up the wazoo; it would take years to construct; cost hundreds of millions; and that's why they have no competition. The Magic Kingdom sees as many visitors in a year as Universal and Sea World combined. Disney doesn't need to build a 5th park, nor do they need to buy one -- not for reasons of competitiveness and not for reasons of internal expansion.

Oh, there will be a 5th park someday... in about 10-15 years when the world's population grows by another 350-500 million.

Maybe not a villians theme park, but a villians themed section somewhere would be cool. Stick it on the other side of DHS haha, on the other side of Pixar Place. :thumbsup2

Disney is NOT going to buy any of the InBev parks, not Sea World and not Busch Gardens.

Disney is NOT going to build the Night Kingdom -- it was a idea they shopped around within the company and surveyed some guests for their opinions. It is no longer in the works.

Disney would NEVER build a villians/heroes/thrill park. To do so would involve the most narrow-minded, uninspired imagineering, and frankly it's the sort of thing OTHER parks would do. Disney parks appeal to the masses because they find a harmony with the 8 month-old and the 80 year-old. If you think AK and DHS are half-day parks now, imagine how bad a villains or thrill-ride park would be. Ideas like these merely begin as fluff pieces blogged by Jim Hill who is a dreamer with an internet connection, not an actual journalist.

Also remember, Disney is doing plenty with their theme parks, just not necessarily in WDW. They have committed $1.5 billion to redoing DCA; they just opened HKDL; they are in the process of establishing the groundwork for a DL in Shanghai. They are doing a lot with their parks division, if not where you would like to see it most.

One final note: Take a look at Manta in Sea World. It looks like fun and I plan to ride it some day. Now, imagine that coaster anywhere in Disney World. Can you? Of course not. Disney would never do something that simple. Sea World bought a pre-fabricated coaster and unpackaged like a kid on Christmas morn. They painted it blue and called it Manta. Disney would have to build a mountain around the coaster; theme it up the wazoo; it would take years to construct; cost hundreds of millions; and that's why they have no competition. The Magic Kingdom sees as many visitors in a year as Universal and Sea World combined. Disney doesn't need to build a 5th park, nor do they need to buy one -- not for reasons of competitiveness and not for reasons of internal expansion.

Oh, there will be a 5th park someday... in about 10-15 years when the world's population grows by another 350-500 million.

You sure do speak alot about somthing you know NOTHING about. Your knowledge of coasters are 0!

Manta is not a prefab! Manta is a custom B&M and B&M's are more smooth and reliable than vekomas (expidition Everest)! B&M has been teh premier coaster manufacturer for more than 15 years! Now the design of the Manta involving aquariums has never been done. so why dont you talk about somthing you know about. Disney may not buy Inbev parks but they were looking at them! THEY WERE INTERESTED IN THEM!

Since you KNOW SO MUCH I am going to start calling you walt. is that cool?

I apologise to everyone here but I just hate ignorance!

----
"in about 10-15 years when the world's population grows by another 350-500 million." ALSO about this statement YOU NEED TO DO SOME RESEARCH your math is off! Heres somthing to help you! http://www.census.gov/ipc/www/popclockworld.html

I am afraid that 300 to 500 million will happen JUST A TAD BIT SOONER! lol More like 5 tp 6 years!

I would like a Villain's Park or Mythical Creatures park. Both of those could have more thrill rides that would appeal to teens, of course with extra Disney magic :)

I mean if they did go with a Villians or Mythical creatures one they could apply the rides to different age groups, why not? Yeah my daughter is afraid or Ursala, but she LAUGHS and LAUGHS at Hopper and Stinky Pete haha. And even regular Pete is a villian in a sense too.

I hope Disney doesn't buy any of the Busch parks. They're on a completely different scale.

I think that if WDW was to add thril rides, they should be added to already established park before building another park. Add another coaster to DHS. That seems to more geared to older 'kids' anyway. It could be a villans themed coaster-villans are scary and so are coasters (well sorta). Add the Journey to the Center of the Earth ride they have in Tokyo. With more leg room please, that HURT.

not sure 5th park is needed, but additional (multiple at each park) attractions to relieve pressure on the current attractions would be very welcome. especially thrill rides. disney needs more coasters, world class coasters.

It would be similar to Epcot but focused on the American hemisphere as well as the National Parks with some thrill rides, gondolas going over a simulation of the Grand Canyon, (rising spouts of Yosemite on hot days would be great to cool off in!), a great Amazon ride with rapids, etc. Also, how about an iceberg boat ride? And for countries to walk through, how about Brazil, Chile and others. :surfweb:

I hope Disney doesn't buy any of the Busch parks. They're on a completely different scale.

I think that if WDW was to add thril rides, they should be added to already established park before building another park. Add another coaster to DHS. That seems to more geared to older 'kids' anyway. It could be a villans themed coaster-villans are scary and so are coasters (well sorta). Add the Journey to the Center of the Earth ride they have in Tokyo. With more leg room please, that HURT.

I personally hope they dont too!
They would RUIN the busch parks exspecially Busch gardens Williamsburg to which I have heard people saying the themeing is better than disney! I cant say that though I have not been ot disney yet. BUT disney characters adn themes would rip apart the feel of that park in particular.

I would like to see a Villians park too, but before that I really think they should add attractions at the current parks.

I personally hope they dont too! They would RUIN the busch parks exspecially Busch gardens Williamsburg to which I have heard people saying the themeing is better than disney! I cant say that though I have not been ot disney yet. BUT disney characters adn themes would rip apart the feel of that park in particular.

You haven't been to Disney yet? Are you kidding me? Yet you have the inside track on Burbank forethought to comment on my posts? Your emotional reaction and uninformed opinion means you're probably not old enough to visit the parks on your own, and I'd say you've pretty much lost any credibility you had on this topic.

But since you like to throw up links that probably took you the better part of an hour to Google, why don't you try this one on for size? Here's something to help you...

www.disneyworld.disney.go.com

Go ahead. Tell 'em Uncle Walt sent you. :)

Such an argument could have been made about Disney building a glorified zoo before they built AK. Disney was never about live animals until AK.

If you think that a thrill park is a half-day park then you miss the point of a thrill park. Thrill rides are about getting the thrill over and over by continually going on them just as children love to ride things they enjoy (Peter Pan, Dumbo, Pooh) over and over. MGM and AK are considered 1/2 - 1 day parks because to many people there is little to no repeat ride value. How many time can you go on KJS with the same story line looking a non-moving animals 50 to 100 yards away? How many times can you watch FOTLK, B&TB, IJ, or LMA during a week long trip? People ride TSM, RnRC, and ToT over and over for the fun/thrill of it each time. AK and MGM have too many "Did it once, don't need to do it again this trip" type of attractions.

BTMRR, Splash!, SM, Tot, RnRC, and EE are all thrilling rides with lots of theme. The only thing "narrow-minded, uninspired imagineering" are those that think of a thrill ride park can only be as well themed as Six Flags or Cedar Point, that is to say almost none. Disney doesn't have to compete directly in the coaster wars but simply step it up a notch.

i have a great idea for a 5th disney park!

DISNEYS NO STROLLER WORLD.

an adults only park... no kids, no crying, no temper tamtrums and for goodness sakes NO STROLLERS taking your ankles out... lmao!!!!!:rotfl::lmao:

just kiddin people calm down

I dont know about an entire park, but id like to see them add on to an existing park like they did with Toon Town and make a whole town like the one in CARS, build it just like the one in the movie and add some type of big race venue to it. They could to a lot with that.

I read somewhere that they were debating on a 5th park that brought back all the old rides. Don't know how much truth is behind it, but we will see I guess!

The chances of Disney buying any of the Busch/Inbev parks is slim,very slim,however not impossible.I could see Disney doing something with Sea World in Orlando,Discovery Cove,Busch Gardens in Williamsburg and maybe Aquatica and Sea World in San Diego.Do I want them to buy these parks,NO,in a perfect world those parks would stay just the way they are now and in a really perfect world they would still belong to Busch,which could still happen as the Busch family has been one of the names to come up as possible buyers.Now I love Disney but these parks are something different which I also love,It would just be too weird to have Disney run a park with B&M Dive,Floorless and flying coasters,it's not what they do or cater to_One thing for sure Disney won't be buying Busch Gardens in Tampa,I couldn't picture anything Disney located around Busch blvd,the park inside is beautiful but the area surrounding it,not so much!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter