5th Theme Park - What Would You Do?

I agree with most that the 5th park should be a thrill ride park. You already have one for children (and young at heart). You have one for the world and future. One for the movie magic. And one that is zoo like. What Disney does not have is one for the thrill seekers. Half my Disney World vacation is spent at Universal so my husband could have his roller coasters. Yes, I know Disney has a few, but if Disney wants to compete with the new Harry Potter section of Universal, they will have to come up with something like this. It could be called Disney Adventure and focus on the rides that are for the thrill seekers. Or Adventurers at heart. Former Disney Imagineers created the Dueling Dragons, so you know they can design a roller coaster.
And I think they missed the boat with MGM. Walt Disney was a movie maker, so since they are redoing MGM why not make it just about Disney movie magic. Forget Hollywood. Who would like to go the Great Movie Ride and see all the Disney/Pixar movie sets? Or have stores dedicated to just a particular movie. They could use the back lot for premieres and show classic Disney movies at the theater.

How about a DIS Podcast themed park with a cart-cam based thrill ride? The concession stand would only have dolewhip and soda that you couldn't get without a refillable mug.

I agree with most that the 5th park should be a thrill ride park. ....

Thrill park = ugh....:eek: Try Magic Mountain, or Cedar Point thrill seekers. The Disney strength is story. Thats why most of the coasters are indoors and tamed by comparisons. Now get out of line for Nemo and go to Universal or somewhere else.

and Harry Potter will be a nice addition for Universal, but thrilling, ..maybe not. A long range product that will charm generations? We shall see.. Disney won't have to compete with it, imho. WDW will be expanding it's family brand continually.:cheer2:

PS - Is there a FastPass for the CartCam ride? Is Interventions for empty-cup-props involved?

Thrill park = ugh....:eek: Try Magic Mountain, or Cedar Point thrill seekers. The Disney strength is story. Thats why most of the coasters are indoors and tamed by comparisons. Now get out of line for Nemo and go to Universal or somewhere else.

and Harry Potter will be a nice addition for Universal, but thrilling, ..maybe not. A long range product that will charm generations? We shall see.. Disney won't have to compete with it, imho. WDW will be expanding it's family brand continually.:cheer2:

Precisely.

Bring Tokyo DisneySea to WDW. It just may be the best Disney theme park created.

Thrill park = ugh....:eek: Try Magic Mountain, or Cedar Point thrill seekers. The Disney strength is story. Thats why most of the coasters are indoors and tamed by comparisons. Now get out of line for Nemo and go to Universal or somewhere else?

Yes Disney's strength is story, but there is no reason they can't make a park with a larger concentration of well themed thrill rides. If you we're to put Everest, Tower of Terror, Mission Space, Splash Montain, Rockin' Roller Coaster, Kali Rapids, Dinosaur, and California Screamin' in one park, that would be a fairly impressive thrill park with no sacrifice of story.

Yes Disney might lose a few of the Disney "purists" who fear thrill rides, but they would gain a lot of visitors too who want a day or two of more intense rides. Plus, it would be another way for Disney to cut into Universal's market.

I wouldn't do a full park but I would make a "Disney Archives" It would have a museum dedicated to Disney movie and park history, convention space for all the cool Disneyana stuff, and a multi-screen movie palace that would rotate the classic films.

In the museum portion you could move over the One Mans Dream stuff, the Epcot 25 stuff, models, etc and rotate in exhibits from the actual archives. To have a couple of attractions you could pull over Carousel of Progress and make it a walk around rather than the seats to save space and you could have displays around it also. Re-create Mr. Toad and have a virtual 20k Leagues with LCD portholes. You could even have a VR ride simulator where you picked your extinct attraction and had a chance to re-ride it in spirit. That might help the PR twist when a beloved attraction is removed.

The movie side of things would be a great rainy day/need some downtime attraction. There could be a restaurant attached - imagine having a character meal then going in to watch the movie with them (or even the meal while the movie is going...). IE a Peter Pan meal then watch the movie as Peter gets everyone to boo when Capt. Hook comes on screen, etc etc.

I wouldn't do a full park but I would make a "Disney Archives" It would have a museum dedicated to Disney movie and park history, convention space for all the cool Disneyana stuff, and a multi-screen movie palace that would rotate the classic films.

In the museum portion you could move over the One Mans Dream stuff, the Epcot 25 stuff, models, etc and rotate in exhibits from the actual archives. To have a couple of attractions you could pull over Carousel of Progress and make it a walk around rather than the seats to save space and you could have displays around it also. Re-create Mr. Toad and have a virtual 20k Leagues with LCD portholes. You could even have a VR ride simulator where you picked your extinct attraction and had a chance to re-ride it in spirit. That might help the PR twist when a beloved attraction is removed.

The movie side of things would be a great rainy day/need some downtime attraction. There could be a restaurant attached - imagine having a character meal then going in to watch the movie with them (or even the meal while the movie is going...). IE a Peter Pan meal then watch the movie as Peter gets everyone to boo when Capt. Hook comes on screen, etc etc.

Dood exactly i love it so much how awesome is that!

Local Investment had local politicians by the wallet. Its to bad, America could have used a positive image boost with a park near DC. sigh.

But whatever happened to the idea of a Disney America Theme Park? The idea could not have died with the short-sighted local politicians in Prince William County VA...?

ok, thinking about Max and Julie & Corey's two pups, right after hearing the story again about the idiot that left her dogs in the car for three days while she went to Disneyworld had me thinking...

There needs to be a Disneyworld for Dogs down there in Orlando. --Orlandog maybe?

There could be acres and acres of land with different sections of the park built around all things "doggy". There can be Fire hydrant Land, FrisbeeTown, DigaHole-berg and Fetchville. Pluto could be the grand marshal of the daily parades. A DogFood Court with lots of Toilet bowls with no lids....

There could be an ODoga restaurant where the dogs could chase animatronic cats through the aisles of the restaurant before they sit down to a big bowl of kibble and be serenaded by the ukulele band.

and thanks to the miracle of modern science, no one would have to scoop the poop in the parks.... the ground would be filled with thousands of sensors and would detect when a 'job' landed on the ground and the poopervacuum would open up a hole and whisk it away! All through the magic of Disneyworld for Dogs!!

Count me in for DisneySea....although Sea World has such huge name recognition throughout the U.S. that it might be a challenge...they would really have to differentiate it.

Or--as Pete mentioned--do California Adventure here on the East Coast. Since those of us who live on the East don't get to CA often, it might be better received.

Another thought...have sort of a "Best of" park...that has all of the best and specialty shows and rides from all of the Disney parks overseas.

Ultimate thrill ride park- no 'theme' just blazing fast white nuckle rides.

Rather than a new park, why not add a new continent land to Animal Kingdom. They have Africa and Asia, why not South America? Expand on the oasis theme with the beginning of the park, and make a rainforest themed area. Also, the Star-Wars section would be great, especially if they could add anothe E-ticket to the Studios.

I'd have to agree with some posters that I think they need to add some new attractions to MGM before building another park. :) Linda

MGM is in desperate need of a new E-ticket... but if it HAD to be a park...

*dream sequence*

A time travel amusement park... in the entrance... ur in the 1500s or something, and you work your way up all the way to the future in the back of the park... (hey! it hasnt been done yet! lol)

I think DisneySea is a cool idea but it really belongs in AK.

I mentioned my blue sky idea on another forum and thought it would fit here too:

I would love to see Disney capitalize on their Theatrical franchise, and use it in some way.

Either build a broadway style theatre at DTD (especially if La Nuba grows stale), or build a theatre that sits just outside Disney Hollywood Studios (so that outside guests and in park guests can attend)

And put on lengthy runs of the following:
Beauty and the Beast (the Broadway Version)
Aida
Tarzan
Hunchback of Norte Dame (translate it from the German version that Disney Theatrical put on)
Lion King (whenever it ends all its runs)
Mary Poppins (whenever it ends all its runs)
Little Mermaid (whenever it ends all its runs)
The Shows on the cruise ships

It could also be a theatre where they test new productions before going to Broadway.

Even if you put each show on for a few years till the audience dies off that is several years worth of entertainment, and it would also bring in the locals to see more Broadway style shows. Pluse it would give CMs another launching pad to a broadway carreer.

I mentioned my blue sky idea on another forum and thought it would fit here too:

I would love to see Disney capitalize on their Theatrical franchise, and use it in some way.

Either build a broadway style theatre at DTD (especially if La Nuba grows stale), or build a theatre that sits just outside Disney Hollywood Studios (so that outside guests and in park guests can attend)

And put on lengthy runs of the following:
Beauty and the Beast (the Broadway Version)
Aida
Tarzan
Hunchback of Norte Dame (translate it from the German version that Disney Theatrical put on)
Lion King (whenever it ends all its runs)
Mary Poppins (whenever it ends all its runs)
Little Mermaid (whenever it ends all its runs)
The Shows on the cruise ships

It could also be a theatre where they test new productions before going to Broadway.

Even if you put each show on for a few years till the audience dies off that is several years worth of entertainment, and it would also bring in the locals to see more Broadway style shows. Pluse it would give CMs another launching pad to a broadway carreer.

ooooo yea! kinda like the Disney version of Branson... only DISNEY! I can appreciate the athletes and dancers and entertainers that are the Cirque... but when they define the word spectacle in the dictionary theres a picture of the Cirque. After about an hour of it, I could barely sit, had to leave. Three hours is way too long to keep my attention. (maybe i have adult ADD). But give me a good old fashioned Broadway Musical.. or even a new fashioned Disney Broadway Musical, and I'll all theirs for the entire time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter