5th Theme Park - What Would You Do?

xa-minister

Mouseketeer
After John mentioned in the Podcast this week that if he could change anything, he would get the 5th park opened, it made me think. What would the Podcast team want as their 5th park?

I would suggest taking the "rides" from Disney Quest (when ESPN move into the DTD spot) and placing the Disney Quest "rides" in another Park :cool1:

I would really like that Villains Park, but I would also really love a bigger and better DisneySea. :cloud9:

I see DCL as the 5th park! Maybe they should just build a giant replica of the ships and make that a new park!

I think it would be really cool to piss off Orlando by building a bigger better Sea World type of park. Actually they could just create a new section of Animal Kingdom devoted to the Sea.

Actually, I would rather see them improve Disney Hollywood Studios, and add another E ticket to the Magic Kingdom before they spend money on a 5th gate. After visiting Disneyland Park, the Magic Kingdom seems sorely lacking in E-ticket attractions. Buzz, Stich, and the laugh factory just do not cut it for me.

I would like to see more expansion of MGM (Excuse me, DHS) out behind Star Tours, and even a back entrance and another resort or two. Well, now I'm getting ahead of myself.

I don't know what I want for the 5th theme park. Maybe something focused more on the arts, or an expansion on Epcot. Or the America pavillion actually done. It could have a bunch of cities around the US, though somehow I feel like it's copying WS. Or something space focused. '

Or what if they did an entire theme park based of Pirate and Princess? That could be cool, though it's much more of a section of a park. Mabybe something that's focused on the characters. That would be cool.

My creativity isn't at its highest level right now.

I'd like to see them expand on the mythological creatures part of AK, Unicorns, dragons, Loch Ness monster, bigfoot, etc. That was supposed to be a part of AK from the start wasn't it?

I would like something around American History. With a Main street type atmosphere with Jamestown twist. Maybe areas devoted to things like transportation, inventions, Native Americans, etc. Not museum like, nothing too serious. Educational like Epcot but with a fun Disney twist.

I also like the Magic and Villains ideas as well.

Park between DVC Hilton Head & Myrtle Beach, mini MK of sorts; of course with the accompanying resort (s).

HRH is putting in a smallish park in MB; it's amazing how the tourism is growing here every year.

I guess I feel like others, unless its a completely new theme or experience that hasnt been done elsewhere, WDW needs to plus its current parks. We have more magic per square foot at Disneyland than anywhere else and I missed that as I walked about 100 miles last week at WDW.

Space has its value and beauty, but the blank spots in the current parks could be filled with innumerable attractions and exhibits.

I think Playhouse Disney and the Disney kidcoms should be a whole other park to theirselves.. for the 7 and under set, move all the playhouse disney stuff there, plus add even more! Then for the 8-14 set the Raven, Suit Life, etc. etc. stuff.

I would like something around American History. With a Main street type atmosphere with Jamestown twist. Maybe areas devoted to things like transportation, inventions, Native Americans, etc. Not museum like, nothing too serious. Educational like Epcot but with a fun Disney twist.

I also like the Magic and Villains ideas as well.

Well, beleive it or not that ALMOST happened about 15 years ago. I live in Appomattox, VA, and there was going to be a Disney park like that right near here. The reason it did not ever happen was becuase negotiations for the property could never be worked out. My mother in law works for the firm that owns the land they wanted. Why they never agreed on the negotiations I do not know. Would have been cool to have a Disney park right near me!

my daughter just got back from Tokyo Disney and she said Tokyo DisneySea is amazing - so that would be my choice.....and it wouldn't be that difficult for them, since much of the design work is already done.....or at least not as difficult as starting from scratch...

and speaking of MGM, yes, they really need to do a LOT of work to that park....they've really let it go downhill over the past few years...

Well, beleive it or not that ALMOST happened about 15 years ago. I live in Appomattox, VA, and there was going to be a Disney park like that right near here. The reason it did not ever happen was becuase negotiations for the property could never be worked out. My mother in law works for the firm that owns the land they wanted. Why they never agreed on the negotiations I do not know. Would have been cool to have a Disney park right near me!

Disney's America - The publicity turned ugly when it seemed Disney was going to bring Anahiem to Northern Virginias Civil War battlefields. The "enviromental impact" would have blocked permits for the project.

I couldn't see Disney doing a park focused on just thrill rides since there isn't much of a theme there, but that could work well in the villain's park...

You put little "faith" in what the imagineers can really do when they set their minds to it. Bring on the Thrill rides attendence would only increase with a 5th park in the world.

More of what I meant was that if you just focus on building as many super-scary coasters as you can, you lose that element that makes Disney parks Disney. The atmosphere is such a major part of it that if you focus on the thrill element of the rides, you lose a lot, and Disney parks end up being more like the Paramount parks, such as Carowinds.

And with a villains park, the theming is scary, and the attractions would probably be more scary because the focus would be on scary people.

Also, there's that family element that Disney has, and if you just focus on scary, you won't get as much attendance because no one wants to bring their 5 year old to a theme park of all thrill rides the kid can't go on.

Disney's America - The publicity turned ugly when it seemed Disney was going to bring Anahiem to Northern Virginias Civil War battlefields. The "enviromental impact" would have blocked permits for the project.

Yeah, so instead they just built a bunch of houses and shopping centers there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter