• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5/3 Disney fall email pin code

I got this e-mail yesterday but I am somewhat confused. It says of three or more nights, but only describes and prices the 5 night package. Is it available for less nights than that and if so how much? Thanks!

It is available for 3 night stays (that is the minimum) I think that they are just using the 5 night stay as an example.

Sue Ellen

My friend got this email as well and hers was different. The same really, but never mentions it can be for less than three nights. It can be, but her email makes no mention at all, like mine did.

We got that email too and we are AP holders so it doesnt help us.

It seems like it's definitely a package that is a better deal the *more* nights you stay, especially considering the ticket structure. We are doing 6 nights, but have tickets from previous stays that are non-expiring. We opted to do the full 7 Day PH passes w/ our package b/c the difference between 4 day PH & 7 Day PH was $6 total!

sherry8253 said:
We got that email too and we are AP holders so it doesnt help us.

I am as well and I think it is a good deal. I am going for three days in September and it will cost us about $100 extra per person than it would IF we got a great discount (assuming $55 a night at a value) for room only. I think three days of food for a little less than $100 is pretty good!

IF we can get a Value for $55, plus taxes, it would be close to $190 for the three nights, just for the room. The three night package, with room at Pop Century, one day tickets and the food was $387.22.

Assume we can't get a discount at all, we will be paying the $77 per night, plus tax, which is $257. For $130 more we are getting three days worth of food..two people. We would spend that on counter service alone!

Now sure, we could eat cheaper than this, but were planning on a couple nice places and I think we would have hit $100 each easily and with this discount we don't have to worry about it.

And we will be wasting the one day tickets as well, at least mine. My friend isn't an AP holder. Hadn't planned on going to one of the parks at all while there....in the daytime, but we might, we do have a day to do it, just hadn't planned spending the extra for my friend to do it.

It really is a good deal IMO!

My husband who never books any of our Disney trips got this email and we are going to use it.

I booked PO/FQ 9/28 - 10/3 for $1167 through DU. This email code included tickets and dinning so I think that is a good deal. The only thing is you can't upgrade the tickets to park hoppers.

What does everyone think, to me it looks like a $350 savings. :sunny:

Lyn

lynr said:
My husband who never books any of our Disney trips got this email and we are going to use it.

I booked PO/FQ 9/28 - 10/3 for $1167 through DU. This email code included tickets and dinning so I think that is a good deal. The only thing is you can't upgrade the tickets to park hoppers.

What does everyone think, to me it looks like a $350 savings. :sunny:

Lyn

It sounds like a good rate to me. I wonder if you can upgrade to hoppers once you get there.

I really hope they send me an email. My son would love to stay at POFQ or WL. I'm happy with PC :rotfl: but if I get an email offer, I'd be willing to splurge. :earboy2:

I didn't know that you couldn't upgrade to hoppers. Did they say why Lyn? I have been thinking about using the code and then delaying the purchase of our new APs, but I love park hopping. It's been especially nice with my daughter cause she loves the parades, so on our trip last month we'd spend the morning at Epcot, then head over to MGM or MK for the parade later in the day. We saw a parade almost everyday this way, and we were there for 11.5 days. Hmm, now I'm rethinking if I should just hold off on the trip, not use the code for September, and just go after Thanksgiving with new APs.

justhat said:
I didn't know that you couldn't upgrade to hoppers. Did they say why Lyn? I have been thinking about using the code and then delaying the purchase of our new APs, but I love park hopping. It's been especially nice with my daughter cause she loves the parades, so on our trip last month we'd spend the morning at Epcot, then head over to MGM or MK for the parade later in the day. We saw a parade almost everyday this way, and we were there for 11.5 days. Hmm, now I'm rethinking if I should just hold off on the trip, not use the code for September, and just go after Thanksgiving with new APs.

When I booked I asked Cathy at DU to upgrade my tickets to hopping and she said it was not allowed with the pin number. :confused3

I will try to upgrade them at check in.

Lyn

How odd, you'd think they'd want the extra $35.

lynr,

when I revamped our trip after receiving the e-mail with pin, the CM I spoke with had no trouble in allowing us to purchase park hoppers with this package. You may want to double check on that.

I was able to book 7 Day Hoppers with our package using the pin for free dining. I'd call back to CRO and speak with someone else.

Is the email on the Disney Insider that gets sent out or is just an email from disney?

Thanks for the info. I will have Cathy from DU call back again, maybe the next person will allow her to do it.

ckret01: This was a separate email entitled Great Fall Disney Vacation Deals.

Lyn

Thank you everyone for suggesting that we call again about switching to Park Hopper tickets. :flower: When my agent called this morning she was able to change them. It is really funny that one CRO says no and the next one says it is ok.

Lyn

I wish I could get the email! I called and the CM told me to wait and see if I get one. She was very helpful and even put me on hold to talk to the office that sends out the emails. They told her that they are going to be sending them out for a little while and to keep my fingers crossed. Hope I get one! Although I am not one of those lucky types. :sad2: Every one else have fun on your discounted trips!!! :cheer2:

Can anyone tell me how I can get the code? I am thinking of getting the AP for my upcoming Sept trip and with this deal it may be worth it. How do I find out?

Thanks!

I've read pages 1 & 2...about to hit the other three...would just like to see the breakdown of the discount. We have booked 2 trips in the past 6 months and had to cancel them both because we haven't sold our house in TN yet...each time we cancel I fear we'll miss any discount rates...we're not AP holders and rely on the non-AP discounts...but it seems there haven't been any this go round.

:wizard: We had a post card discount 4 years ago and not a sign since then!!! Hoping the fairy will shine on our household...I keep telling the kids we'll go to Disney as soon as the house sells....well, I've been saying that for 13 months and oooohhhh it's been a sad drag. But, I'm hopeful it will sell and we can FINALLY surprise them with a great trip...We promise them that everytime we move (5 times in 8 years) they get a trip to Disney...this has been the toughest move because they're older and dh had to work out of state for 12 months before we were able to move here 2 weeks ago..2 mortgages will decrease our funds for Disney...so let's hope email discounts will come our way!!! :) :grouphug:

Tara

We are staying at a moderate for full price, $149/night. Free dining add-on for two adults. I think the ticket deal is just about a wash, there are no super great deals on tickets it seems. So, if we had wanted the dining add-on, it would have been $70 a day for two adults. And, likely, we would have had to pay full price for the room. Even if we had a discounted room, say $99 a night, we would have still spent at least $70 a day on food - that’s barely a table service meal; thereby meals & hotel costing $169 a night. With the free dining, we are getting the room & meals for $149 a night. I think this becomes even a better deal at a value resort, and a lesser value at a deluxe ($199+).

For another example - on our five day trip last year, we spent about $400 on food, including $125 on vouchers. 400/5 = $80 a day, even using vouchers. With two kids, I think this becomes even GREATER savings too.

If you get the email - go for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter