4 Adults in 1 Stateroom?

Can't imagine you'll be spending all that much time in the cabin . . . I'd go for it. But then I used to stay in youth hostels while traveling around Europe in the 70's and those were rooms of 10, sometimes 20 people (in Amsterdam!).

4 adults in one small space. BTW, there isn't much storage/closet space. Living out of a suitcase for 3 days (and those are stored under the bed) does not sound like a vacation but a sentence served. Get you own stateroom.

As others mentioned first check the weight and height. If everyone is on the heavy side there might be an issue of not being able to use the pull down..

Also I would not do it, less because of space.. On a short cruise all I need is a bed. If that means people crawling over me, that is ok.. for such a short trip. You will not be hanging out much in the room. Getting ready can be planned.

Where I have an issue is the bathroom situation. TMI, but I like to poop in private... this is where IMO a split bath is not good. When sharing a hotel room, I like to do my morning biz, and then shower to cover up the smell of what i just did. A split bath with a WC, it's obvious what one is doing so long in there. in a combined bath, I can do my thing, brush my teeth, get ready and shower etc.... . I can only imagine in a single WC room with 4 adults who are not intimate, how that can be not so pleasant.

We are very budget conscious but still booked two rooms for ourselves and our two teens. Just the logistics of getting dressed and moving around in a small cabin weren’t worth the little savings to me.

Thank you all for the feedback! After discussing it with my SO and the other couple, we agreed to go for one of the family-sized staterooms, with my SO & I covering a bit more of the cost in exchange for the queen bed. It's not ideal, but it's my understanding that the other couple wouldn't be able to go without splitting a room and I didn't want to put anyone in that position (much less my SO's best friends). It'll be a tight squeeze but I'm glad we were at least able to agree on the family-sized room instead of the standard sized one!

As others mentioned first check the weight and height. If everyone is on the heavy side there might be an issue of not being able to use the pull down..

Also I would not do it, less because of space.. On a short cruise all I need is a bed. If that means people crawling over me, that is ok.. for such a short trip. You will not be hanging out much in the room. Getting ready can be planned.

Where I have an issue is the bathroom situation. TMI, but I like to poop in private... this is where IMO a split bath is not good. When sharing a hotel room, I like to do my morning biz, and then shower to cover up the smell of what i just did. A split bath with a WC, it's obvious what one is doing so long in there. in a combined bath, I can do my thing, brush my teeth, get ready and shower etc.... . I can only imagine in a single WC room with 4 adults who are not intimate, how that can be not so pleasant.

Have been reading this thread for fun. It really depends on a lot of variables. If you all are good friends and comfortable with each other it seems do-able but not so comfortable.

On thing to consider if you do have an inside stateroom with the 1 BR, consider a rainforest pass for yourself and SO. While not completely private you can use the facilities to relax, shower and other stuff as needed.

it would be very crowded! Everyone in the group would need to agree to pack light. if it was me, id take my stuff to the bathroom that goes with the locker rooms [or the ones with the Rainforest Spa - a day pass or pass for the while trip is very affordable] and get ready there. Plus....do they snore or do you??? Things to think about......

Id stay in a separate room is possible

I could easily share with 3 girlfriends but it would be harder with another couple

Thank you all for the feedback! After discussing it with my SO and the other couple, we agreed to go for one of the family-sized staterooms, with my SO & I covering a bit more of the cost in exchange for the queen bed. It's not ideal, but it's my understanding that the other couple wouldn't be able to go without splitting a room and I didn't want to put anyone in that position (much less my SO's best friends). It'll be a tight squeeze but I'm glad we were at least able to agree on the family-sized room instead of the standard sized one!

You're really kind to agree *and* to agree to pay more to subsidize them (IMO there should have been no question you'd get the queen bed, sigh). The family sized room does give you at least a bit more space!

There are showers attached to the gym which are very nice. That can relieve some pressure on the shared bathroom. The other nice thing is the privacy curtain between the two halves of the room works well.

If you are on a Dream class ships the mens and ladies rooms in the adult section of the ship (by the bars) are nicer than the ones in the restrooms and very underpopulated in the morning. Visit them just to see the fantastic file work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter