4/5/2003 - anyone going?

Skeegan, thanks for shopping at Home Depot! ;) I picked up a few myself today. That was really a great idea and I can't wait to see how many people are on board with their green Mickey's.

I made a Word-format roster of the DIS folks on this cruise. If you emailed me your information, I emailed the roster to you this morning. If you would like a copy of the roster, PM me with your email address and I will send you one. The file size is 767K with the embedded photos, FYI.

PM - "private message" button is at the bottom of this message - that will send me a message through the boards and you won't have to post your email address on the boards.

So everyone has their lime green aliens or ribbons for the terminal, right? We plan on arriving at the terminal by 11 am - we fly in late Fri night and are going to the port with YourRide in the morning. For those able to meet at the Radisson Fri night - enjoy!

Safe journey everyone to Port Canaveral!

Originally posted by kendall
I made a Word-format roster of the DIS folks on this cruise. If you emailed me your information, I emailed the roster to you this morning. If you would like a copy of the roster, PM me with your email address and I will send you one. The file size is 767K with the embedded photos, FYI.

Cindy, thanks for doing this--it'll be nice to have some reference of who we'll be meeting. I think I'll print it out to take along and maybe fill in details as we get to know our new friends!

:D

Kendall,
The chart looks great ! Thank You so much for putting it all together.
Hersh

Kendall,

Thank you for doing the roster:D
I can't believe we have 4 days till we leave for the trip. Yesterday, we had snow here in Northern Virginia. So much for spring time:(
We have a question. We are presently filling out the paperwork that comes in the booklet. Our TA told us that on the page for the Bahamas we need to put the ship as our address. Is that what everyone else was told? If someone could pass on info, that would be great. We are looking forward to meeting everyone with "green mickeys". Have a safe trip down, and cya on friday:cool: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

A few weeks ago I posted about tendering:
I recently read about the Magic tendering in St. Thomas instead of docking at the Havensight pier. We tendered in Grand Cayman and although it was relatively painless, it does take a bit longer to disembark! Since we are going to St. John on our own and want to get off early I am watching www.ships.vi for the schedule. I hoping we don't have to tender as it makes it so much easier to get off the ship when you have not booked a disney excursion!

I just checked http://www.ships.vi and found out we will be docking at WICO instead of tendering. Yes! This will make it a lot easier to get off the ship early (for those of us who are not a Disney excursion)!

:teeth:

good news indeed - thanks for checking! We to are thinking of heading to St. Johns on our own that day.

And speaking of snow - we woke up to 1.5" of it this morning. It is pretty much gone at this point. It was a beautiful scene out the window - a last farewell to winter. OK, bring on the heat of the Carribean - we're ready!

Went to Home Depot today and found Kaitlyn's Alien Green Mickey Ears as well as the paint cards. What a nifty idea!

My pleasure to do the roster - hope you all find it useful and we all find each other on the Magic!

I can hear that horn now....!

kendall - how do you plan on getting to St. John?

On our last Eastern we took at taxi to Red Hook, then the ferry to St. John follow by another taxi to Trunk Bay. This whole process took about 2 hours. This time we were planning to take the St. John ferry from Charlotte Amalie. Do you have any insight to share on this?

Thanks!

Goofydadeo

PS - Sorry I never got you a photo (my scanner is not working)

There are Bahamas Immigration cards in our cruise documents. We don't need to fill them out, do we? I don't see any of our ports-of-call listed.

With 12 in our party, we'd prefer not to fill out any more forms than necessary!

Thanks.

Jennifer, I'm pretty sure the immigration cards need to be filled in (sorry:( ) I believe you check the box "other island". We were instructed to fill out/sign every form EXCEPT the form for minors travelling without a legal parent/guardian since that doesn't apply in our case. Good luck! See you Saturday!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Laura

Thanks for your quick responses!

I did think it was odd that they would include a form in our documents that didn't apply to our cruise... and that's exactly why I just wasn't sure what to do! I appreciate the clarification.

See you soon! :)

You asked about St. Johns - I've been watching your other thread asking that question. If we go, we plan on taking the Charlotte Am. ferry rather than fight the traffic on the way back to the ship in the afternoon.
I say "If", because we are having a family discussion about if we want to spend the day at the beach on St. Johns or do a deep sea charter instead. We have also toyed with the idea of renting a private boat w/captain to do some fishing, snorkeling and beach combined.

We obviously have to decide soon...!

question....
i know it has been mentioned before but where do we get the thing to hang our card on? thanks.

cya day after tomorrow:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hi,
DVRCraig, I plan on getting a cruise line lanyard, but you can buy them at walmart in the jewelry section. I bought the ones for the kids there.
Well Dis members, the time is almost here. We are packed and ready and will start driving down Thur. PM. We will be at the Radisson on Fri. Hope to meet some of you then !
Everyone have a safe trip!
The Hersh Family:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

dvrcraig - instead of lanyards we purchased the thin (credit card size) waterproof DCL boxes which can hold your KTTW card, picture id, credit cards, etc. They come in several colors (red, blue, etc.) and have the DCL logo on them and a cord to go around your neck. My son purchased his on Castaway Cay (and it has the CC logo on it!) We wear them everywhere; at the beach, pool, snorkeling, etc. and since they are watertight you don't have to worry about the contents getting damaged, nor do you need to carry around a wallet or purse. Ironically my DW purchased one (non DCL) at a local dive shop before our first cruise and it was more expensive the DCL logo ones sold on the ship!

Everyone please have a safe trip down - we look forward to meeting everyone Saturday morning at the DCL terminal.

Goofydadeo (John), DW (Torey), DD5 (Sarah) and DS9 (Tal)
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

I just have to say...OH MY GOSH IT IS THE TIME - IT'S HERE - I'M LEAVING SCHOOL IN AND HOUR AND A HALF TO DRIVE DOWN TO COCOA AND PORT CANAVERAL AND I AM LOSING MY MIND OUT OF EXCITEMENT!!!!!!! SEE Y'ALL THERE!!!!!!!!!!

...Just my two cents!! :smooth:

safe journey all - here in MI we have a severe weather alert for freezing rain/snowjust north of us...we should be OK to fly out by tomorrow night down at Detroit...I can't wait to leave winter behind! We had some nice weather in the 50s this week - but now until next week is supposed to be miserable. Time to go on a cruise!

See you at the terminal Saturday morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter