4/5/2003 - anyone going?

We're Going !!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be myself, DH, and DD8, and DS5. We are so excited. It is our ten year anniversary and our 1st cruise as a family.:Pinkbounc

Great! You'll love it - we took our first cruise on the 7 day eastern and it was my favorite - Make sure you let Disney know it's your tenth anniv. - they like to do special things for those celebrating special events! Welcome aboard!

We will be going in April too!! My, dh ds 12, dd 10, ds 6, and ds 2. This will be our first cruise as a family. :Pinkbounc
Can't wait to go!!!!!

Goofydadeo, could you please tell us first-timers how your kids liked the kids clubs. Did your younger one go willingly? Let us know about your experiences!
Thanks,
Hersh Family

Hersh - both of our kids loved the clubs, during our first cruise our DD3 and DS7 had a great time - they were both in the Oceaneers Club. They felt right at home from the start as all the counselors are fantastic and they met several friends the first day or so. There were so many activities they loved, the visit from Snow White (DD3 idolizes her), the Goofy PJ Party (DS7 loves him hence my login name), trips to the movies and seeing Disney Dreams, etc. Take a minute to check out the Navigators on Dave_From_Marietta's site dcltribute.com, they are loaded with activities. We used the clubs extensively on our second cruise too. My DS was 8 by then and went to the Oceaneers Lab - video games, science experiments (they made flubber!), lot of computers, sports deck games, etc. The kids clubs are the #1 reason we go back because our kids love it and we (me and DW) get lots of quality time alone!!! Plus on our most recent cruise we had some of the same counselors, and our kids remember them from the first cruise and they remembered the kids. They're great!!!

Thanks for the quick reply. My DH and I are hoping for some quality time too. I hope our DS (5) makes a connection with someone, he tends to be shy in new situations. Maybe starting Kindergarten will help. Hersh

Well my ds who will be 6 when we go is very friendly, maybe they will hit if off and play together to give you some time with your dh... He has lots of friend in the neighborhood and gets along with everyone, and he is not very shy.

goofydadeo, What part of Atlanta are you from. I'm from Marietta, GA myself..... I'm ready for the cruise, I need some time away from all my kids sports... Baseball, football, cheerleading and soccer.. I'm booked till mid-Nov... :)
Oh, ANyone else going in April!!! Back to the subject!!!

wenpop - I am sending you a PM. We have two other families from Marietta that are joining us on the cruise too (all because this is the week of cobb spring break).

This will be our second cruise - DS 12 (almost 13), DD 10. We had a great cruise in 2001, and are looking forward to returning to the Magic!

Hey Wenpop = would your older kids want to email my kids a couple months leading up to the cruise? My daughter was able to make a connection through the DIS Boards before our first cruise - and that was a great thing for the kids club - my kids "knew" someone already!

Supposed to be a hot 92 degrees here in MI tomorrow, now if I only had a little ocean to go with that heat and sun.... although Lake Michigan will do!

We will also be on the April 5 Magic Eastern. This will be our second Disney Cruise. We will be celebrating our anniversary. Our first cruise was in December of 1998. I'm sure there have been a lot of changes since then and we're really looking forward to the 7 days. We have had nothing but good to say about our first cruise so I know this one will be GREAT!
What will the weather be like in April?

CastawayChar - welcome aboard, glad to hear your cruising with us! I do not know about the weather in April - I assume it will be very good though! Does anyone else have a link where we can find that info? Look forward to talking about all of as the date draws nearer!

Thanks for the welcome. I have really enjoyed reading the threads. The ideas and suggestions everyone has are so helpful. I did find a site from wovenwonder from their trip in April 2002. April 2002
Sounds like they had a great time. It just seemed like the perfect time to cruise!:earsgirl:

We will be there too. 2 adults and our 17 year old, you can find him on the BB court. You can find us on our veranda!!

Kendall, My daughter emailed your daughter but hasn't heard from her, Could you let her know that Crystal will be emailing her again.. THanks!!!!
I am so looking forward to this trip!!! I can't wait to be free for a week, no bills, no practices for the kids No cooking!!!! Man, 6 and a half more months......
Anyone else out there that may be going April 5, 2003??

Wenpop, DD will check her email tomorrow and reply! She is looking forward to writing!

Bumping back up! Glad you are joining us, nuthut!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter