• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

30 Day Shred Results? Anyone?

But the bottom line is I can give up 30 mins of sleep or facebooking or DISboarding to work out. It's for my health, it's for my weight, it's for my self-esteem. Are ya with me?!? (I'm all fired up about it now - thanks for reading!)

I'm with you ......( I have to admit I'm snacking on a brownie right now as I write this) I have a 40 min run tonight and I will get my SHRED done sometime today.

We leave for Disneyland next week and I really wanted to be down a couple of pounds before the trip....(still working on that brownie) so I am definately going to re-jump my workouts and TRY to eat better. I don't know where my motivation has gone to?:confused3

ok, so I skipped yesterday. I slept in. Then I was going to do my workout after work, while I made dinner, before DD's practice, and I didn't do that because she needed me to help her with her homework instead. So... I got up and did it this morning. So, I'm done with Day 10 of 30 DS.

This evening, after DD's softball practice, I might try to do day 1 of level 2. I didn't enjoy this level last time, and I just keep telling myself "You only have to do it 10 times, then you'll move on to level 3 (which I've never seen, so for all I know, it's WORSE than level 2?!? ) and you'll have less flab!" Do you see how I have to psych myself out for this? I hope I'm not the only one that has to talk myself into the work outs with the promise of end results.

Ashley - I just saw your 7 weeks to a beach bod thread with the healthier eating chart - you're not messing around with your sticker charts! Looks great! Wish I could participate, but with how work is now - It's so unpredictable of where I will be and what food/refrigeration is available. I try to just eat healthy-ish and watch my portions. So far, I think I'm doing ok.

I think the biggest part of my food struggle is when I grocery shop. I know the things I want to get, but when I'm there, there are so many other temptations. Like look, oreos are on sale for $2. and I have a coupon for $1 off. It'd be a crime not to buy oreos for $1. Then the oreos are in my house, and then I blink and there are 5 in my tummy and stuck in my teeth. (I just admitted that out loud, didn't i?) It's like I don't have the will-power to just stick to my list.

I'm also finding it hard to stay away from the processed foods. It's hard on nights when DD has an activity or practice that night because then everything's on a compressed schedule. Dinner has to be cooked fast so we can hurry up and eat and get to practice. So those nights we end up with a frozen pizza or something that came from a box (I do Zatarains Jambalaya or some kind of chinese food packet - SunBird? General Tso's chicken served with rice). Any ideas to help with that? What do you guys do on practice nights?

Just wanted to say that I think level 3 (minus those stinking jumps at the end) is easier than level 2. Honestly, level 3 was my favorite. I've done the 30DS twice. The first time, I tried it her way with doing level 1 for 10 days and then level 2 for 10 days, but I never finished it. The second time, I'd do level 1 the first day, then level 2, then level 3. I don't know why, but for whatever reason I didn't hate it as much lol. and finished it. I always looked forward to my level 3 days, and didn't like my level 2 days, so hang in there, you might like level 3 more. :)

Oh, and add me to the ppl. that tune her out. She got really annoying really fast. After I watched it once or twice to know what I was doing, I completely muted her and turned my computer on and listened to Disney music :) I'd just have to watch for when it was time to move on.

Good evening. I just started day 1 of level 3 tonight. All I have to say is, if I could, I would make all lunges illegal. Seriously, can we not just give it a rest?!

Anyway. It was definitely tough. I think I like it better than level 2. Less cardio, more abs.

Hi everyone, my name is Jess and while I've
been a member here for awhile, I'm not much
of a poster really. I'm just now seeing this thread
though and thought I'd chime in and perhaps get
some extra motivation to get back on track.

It wasn't too long ago that Jillian's 30 Day Shred
was in my Amazon quick picks for $7 so I snagged
it and decided to give it a try. Day 1 - omg I am
going to die at the feet of Jillian Michaels. Day 2 -
omg I can't sit down without assistance my thighs
are in so much pain. Day 3- omg my arms don't
want to move enough to clasp my bra. Day 4 - omg
wait...it's not that bad, the pain is receding, I can
walk like a normal human being again! I lasted about
10 days and then life interrupted and I stopped doing it.

So here I am, several weeks later, the dvd case on a
shelf where Jillian can peg me with that condescending
glare she has perfected and I'm about to cave in and
start it all again. I actually think I will probably do
level 1 for 2-4 weeks before attempting level 2. I know
it isn't the way the system is set up, but I want to be
able to complete level 1 confidently and without any
modifications before moving on to the next level.

My goal is to lose about 20 pounds by the end of August.
The sooner I get started, the sooner I shall get there yes?

Jessykah - yes! Way to go. I hope you've been keeping it up!

I have NOT been keeping it up. I hate how lazy I am in the mornings to get it done, but I know that if I just suck it up and do it, I'll never regret it. I just need someone to whisper that in my ear at 5:30 am as I roll over to slap that snooze button.

So... I'm going to be semi-realistic and aim to be shredded by July 4th. That gives me a couple of weeks of play, so I don't have ot be so nazi-ish about it. Then I won't feel bad about the days I have to skip and get down on myself and give up on the whole thing (and drown myself in a pan of brownies).

I know I've started and restarted many, many times, but at least I keep trying and re-trying, right??? ugh... :crazy2:

I did this for one day and couldn't stand it. It's not like I need a super perky workout leader, but Jillian was so dry and it just seemed awkward. I didn't really like the workouts either. The only long plan I've had success with so far and was able to tolerate was Slim in 6.

Ok, I have been wondering about these and also Bob Harper's workouts as well. I don't know if I want to invest. Does anyone know if the library has these types of DVDs for check out?
Or would someone copy or lend me theirs?
I need something to kick me into gear....

Ok, I have been wondering about these and also Bob Harper's workouts as well. I don't know if I want to invest. Does anyone know if the library has these types of DVDs for check out?
Or would someone copy or lend me theirs?
I need something to kick me into gear....

The first level is on you tube. On the BeFit channel, not sure about the other levels, but think I've seen level 3 on there. At least that would get you started.
I haven't tried the workout, but it was on the side under recommendations during one of my workouts one day. I bookmarked it because I always read about it on here.

I started this last week. I am mixing it up with other videos, but last week I did it for 4 days. I lost 4.4 pounds! I know that's a lot for a week, but it's great motivation every once in a while to keep going!

Wow, love that there is a Dis thread on this!

I started doing this on May 21, so I finished Day 8 Level 1 today. I'm doing 10 days of each level and doing it once every day. I took weight and measurements on Day 1 and will look at my results on Day 15 and Day 30. I still can't breeze through Level 1 yet (maybe I will never be able to!) but I was excited that I got through every exercise today without stopping :) My endurance and strength has definitely improved and I feel more energetic over the course of the day.

Keep it up everyone! :)

ok - I started again. I'm going ot try to check in more regularly, and I'm gonna start today, since I started working out today...

Day 1 - It's June 1st and here I go again... Started my workout at 6:30-ish this morning. Didn't really want to get out of bed, but once I did and had my workout stuff on, I figured why the heck not. Note to self: put workout stuff on as soon as possible after getting out of bed, so that I'm not tempted to crawl back into bed and skip the workout. I was able to keep up with everything but that 1st cardio circuit. I took about a 1 min break during it, and was feeling pretty bad about it. Otherwise, I kept up with at least Anita, although during the side lunge/shoulder raise - I did NOT raise up to my eyes. More like my chin, then as it progressed, I was glad to still be making it up to shoulder height. But I kept going, and that's what counts. During each tough part, when I want to quit, I think about how much more comfortable I will be in clothes that I'm not muffin-topping out of, or size 6's instead of 8's or 10's. So... I'm gonna keep on keepin' on.

I've done 30 day shred twice so far. My plan is to do it 3 times a week. No way I can handle it and running on the same day!! I really like the workout even though I am having to push myself to continue.

It is really hard, but I do like it. I am having back problems right now, so I skipped this week, and it is driving me crazy! I am still going to the gym every day and doing the bike and treadmill, but i miss my 30 Day Shred or Yoga Meltdown in the morning! What has happened to me? If you knew me before, you would understand how crazy I sound. lol

Day 2 - I did it... it's Saturday and I got up and did my workout. I am a bit sore from yesterday's workout, and continue to be tonight. I'm sore in a spot i've never been sore in before... that part netween your armpit and your ****, on both sides. I think it's from the push-ups or maybe the back rows. Guess I'll have to pay closer attention to my form tomorrow.
I didn't have time for a run last nigbt after i got home from work and grocery shopping, and i didn't today either, as i deep cleaned the house in preparation for a visit from my fil on Monday. Hopefully tomorrow i can add something to my 30ds. I need to log some miles!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Just finished Day 3 Level 2... man, I really suck at Level 2. I don't have the arm strength for all the plank moves, and my quads aren't strong enough to keep the squats in the combination moves. I'm hoping once I get to the end of my 10 days on this level that I will be able to get through it completely! Either that, or only stop a few times!

However, I'm looking forward to Monday - those will be my mid-results! I'm going to re-take my measurements and we'll see if anything has changed! I hope so!

Jasperess - LAst time I did this I got about 4 or 5 days into level 2. I hated every second of level 2. I couldn't do the plank things where you have to swing your leg underneath... my leg doesn't fit there! I can honestly say I am not looking forward to stepping up to level 2. This time around, I am have less belly to get in the way, and I think I have a better attitude. This time my mindset is get 10 days of level 2 done, and I can move on to level 3! Before I just thought "I hate this, screw it, I'm quitting - my back hurts anyway". I let myself believe my own excuses and give up. Not this time...

Day 3 - I got out of bed on Sunday and did my workout before I made breakfast for the family (DH gets breakfast in bed one time a weekend). He had to wait for it, but he was ok with that. He realizes he's lucky to get breakfast in bed at all - ha! Kept up with the workout except for the 1st circuit's cardio - again! I took 2 10-second breaks, one during the 1st set of jump rope, and one during the 2nd set of jumping jacks/beginning of 2nd set of jump rope. I was able to keep up during the rest of the workout. Maybe my cardio will continue to improve? tried it with alternate audio track (music only) and it was a different experience, but I had to pay more attention to the TV to see when the transitions were. otherwise, I was doing chest flies way over the time allotment (I love those!).

Day 4 - (today!) I did the workout before getting ready for work. Did ok. Kept up with Anita, even did some moves like Natalie today (butt kicks, all sit-ups/crunches, squat & press). Only took 1 10 second break during the first cardio set today. Was talking to DH during about 10 mins of my workout, which was a nice distraction. Made it go by much faster, and I was glad that I could keep conversation going, and I wasn't huffing and puffing the whole time.

I've been using 3 lb weights, and right now, they seem like nothing. Think I'm going to switch up to 5 lb tomorrow and see how it goes. (Maybe I should have done that yesterday?). I'm scared of going up to high too fast in weights because I'm pretty sure that's how I hurt my back before when I quit (went from 5's to 8's too early, thinking I was superwoman or something). But I think I'm ready to go up in handweights - I was even able to do the anterior raises all the way to my eye level the whole time today!

Anyone else still doing this, or doing it again?

I'm still here! Finished day 17 today (day 7 of level 2). Still going! I took some results on day 15 and I finally saw a little weight loss (1 lb, probably negligible) and inches lost, woo! I don't have tons of weight to lose, so I was quite pleased to see I've lost 1" around my thighs, 0.5" around my biceps, and possibly 1" around my waist! I'm not sure about the waist though, cause DH didn't measure my hips right (yeah, like they grew 1.5"!) and I think measured my waist in a different place. But we'll see how day 15 compares to day 30!

hops&dreams - Yes, I really dislike level 2. Every circuit has at least a few moves that I really loathe, although I can definitely feel myself improving! I still have to stop all the time, and not use weights for the second set of circuit 3's strength (it's killer). All the plank poses use SO MUCH arm strength, and I'm constantly feeling like my poor quads are dying. However, I can see the improvement, and I think it's working! I'd like to be able to get all the way through without stopping by day 20, even if I do all Anita's moves, but not sure if I'll be able to. Definitely moving onto level 3 regardless, but I'm going to try my best!

Hope there are other people still hanging in there! :)

Day 5 - I did day 5 in the afternoon, after work, before DD's softball practice. FIL was here in the morning (he left when we left for work) and he did not need to see me working out. I moved up to 5 lb weights. I was ready for them.

Day 6 - Back to doing it in the morning. I had a little soreness in the tops of my shoulders, I think from going up in weights and doing the anterior arm raises (the ones with the side lunge).

Day 7 - Did it in the morning. Wasn't fully awake, but got through it. I was a sweaty mess at the end, so I felt like aI got a really good workout.

Day 8 - Morning again... DD interrupted me during the first strength circuit, some stuff I had to help her with to get her ready for her day. Took me out of it for over 15 mins. When I got back, I looked at the TV, then the time on the DVD Player, then a clock. I was thisclose to pressing the power button and telling myself that I'll do it later, but I thought to myself "If I can't give up 20 mins now, why do I think I'll be able to later, when I'm rushing around trying to get us out the door (to go out of town). I am taking a half day off for last minute prep and so we can leave earlier - I'm not going to really give up 25 mins of that to work out, then take more time to take another shower!" Apparently, I talked some sense into myself and pressed play instead of the power button. It was a little disjointed, and my mind wandered a lot to what I have to remember to bring and such, but I got it done. And I'm a sweaty mess right now as proof!

So today, we're leaving for a quick weekend trip to see my parents and my sister. I haven't seen my parents since Feb, when they told me that my dad was diagnosed with Alzheimers. I talk to them 2-3 times a week, but I'm looking forward to seeing them. I'm NOT looking forward to witnessing my dad's slip-ups in person. I'm hoping it's not too rough. Last time, when we were all dealing with the news, I dissolved into tears (in private.. in my office, in the shower, after everyone had gone to bed) every day for over a week... it's hard to see your parents age, you know? But working out was a HUGE stress reliever for me, and a big motivation for me to start up again, knowing this little trip was coming up. I hope 30 DS will work as a distraction for me again next week. I hope even more that I won't need the distraction!

On the other hand, my sister will be in town, and we'll see her for a little bit, too. She moved to Los Angeles 2 years ago, and this will be the first time we've seen her and her family since they moved. I'm SO excited to see my twin DNs!!! DD is beyond excited to see her cousins!!!

I AM bringing the 30DS DVD with me and workout clothes/shoes. I'm not bringing the handweights (I thought that would be weird?). I figure I can use bottles of water while we're out of town? I know it's not the same as the 5 lb weights, but it's only 2 workouts, and isn't it the thought that counts??? At least I'm still getting the movements and cardio in?

And yes, we're trying to plan a visit out to visit my sister that also involves a trip to DL - ha ha ha! :lmao:

I had 6 days left of level 3 bu didn't get them in after my half-marathon because I could barely walk. :lmao:

Anyway! I am wanting to start this again, I'd like to try it 30 days in a row but I know that leaves less time for my running. I'm thinking I may try and do 30DS in the morning and on some days run in the evening if my body will handle it.

Hope you are all doing great!!

We need to start this again too - I did it before my cruise last year but only made it to 27 days or something because there were a couple of days we had to skip (illnesses, soreness at the beginning etc). I did not lose any weight (I gained) BUT I did feel better - right now my back and arms get sore when I run so I know I need more overall fitness. My only issue with it is... where do I go when I hit 30 days? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter