• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

30 Day Shred Results? Anyone?

ABDonovan

Mouseketeer
I am thinking about doing a few rounds of 30 Day Shred, with my gym time. Not overdoing it, just, adding some gym time to it. I wanted to do Insanity, but the plyometrics are killer on my knees (because I haven't always been heavy).

Does anyone have results from 30 day shred? Or pictures of before and after?

Or has anyone even done the shred?

I've done 30 Day Shred, but never all the way through. I have arthritis in my knees, so I do some modifications.

I am currently on week three of Ripped in 30, and I'm seeing great results. It's very similar, and I love the way my clothes are fitting! :banana:

Maybe we need to do a 30 Day Jillian Michaels Accountability Thread?

Not sure if you need to be a member but myfitnesspal.com has TONS of success photo comparisons in the boards there. :)

No photo yet, but after 21 days on the 30 DS I have lost 15 pounds. I have been doing the shred and using the lose it app on my Iphone to count calories.

No photo yet, but after 21 days on the 30 DS I have lost 15 pounds. I have been doing the shred and using the lose it app on my Iphone to count calories.

Last year I did about 27 days of the 30 Day Shred. I didn't finish because I had a tooth that needed a root canal and it hurt whenever I exercised. I didn't lose much (any) weight from it, but I did gain endurance and I definitely looked better. My running benefited from it the most. I was able to run much longer with less effort.

Unfortunately I can't do a lot of jumping exercises due to bladder issues. ugh. sorry tmi. Now my knees can't take all the jumping. I wish I could go back to it, though. :/

I'm planning on starting this on Monday. I'm just getting back into working out and am planning to start 1/2 marathon training, so I figured 20 mins is doable each morning. I plan on taking "before" pics on Sunday night.

Anyone else want to start it with me??? We'll be shredded by Easter!

I want to start! I'm planning to start today after work, though. I want to be shredded before my trip on 3/24. Not sure if I'll do 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30 or a combination of the two. I'll do before measurements and photos tomorrow, because I'm a morning weigher/measurer/picture-snapper.

So glad to have somebody starting this! Who else is in?

pjilla - Your description of JM 30 DS is SO accurate! I remember feeling that way when I first did it, too. Now I do it and I have sets of weights in 3,5,8,&10 pounds, because you just never know...

Glad to be getting started on this challenge! I also have several of her other workouts: 6 Week 6 Pack, Yoga Meltdown, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and No More Trouble Zones. I could do a different one each day of the week! I'm so glad that I'm keeping Jillian in business!

I just ordered 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 on Amazon (less than $9.00 each). I can't wait to get them. I have been working out twice a week with a trainer for about a year now, but reading some posts about these workouts makes me a little scared! lol. I am sure they will be great workouts! Any advice on what equipment we need?

Hi Melinda! I just have several different sets of hand weights, 3,5,8,10. I would like to think that I could just put the 3s away, but sometimes I need them to get through the workout. Likewise with the 10s, I don't usually use them, but sometimes I feel good enough. I'm picky, though. Most people probably just have one or two sets that are comfortable for them.

I got started, as planned, last night. Did Week 2 of 30 Day Shred yesterday, and Week 1 of 6 Week 6 Pack today, along with a 5k practice run.

Can't wait to see who else has begun the Jillian Challenge!

I'm 4 for 4! :woohoo: Just got done now (11 p.m.), and I certainly planned to do it sooner, but I got it in despite wanting to curl up on the couch for a bit. :-)banana: vs. :happytv:)

How about the rest of us? I can't wait to hear from you all! :cool1::cheer2::wizard:

I have been doing it every day this week. I get up around 6:30 and do it before I get ready for work.

So, I finished day 3 today. My legs are sore, but not as sore as yesterday. Yesterday, I had to brace myself before I sat on the toilet! (TMI? sorry - but it was only about my legs, I swear! :laughing:)

I think I need to get heavier weights for some of the exercises. I'm currently using 3 lb weights. I think I can go up for exercises like the chest flys (I LOVE those!) and the rowing. Others, like the squat/presses and the lunge/arm raises- I'm GLAD I only have 3 lb weights!!!

I don't really like the stretching techniques on this disk, especially the ones at the end. This weekend, I will probably add my old "Core Secrets" ball workout - I LOVE that workout, but it's not challenging enough for me, even with 8 lb weights. But it's the dvd I always turn to when I start regularly working out again. You know, after a lazy spell.

Can't wait until it gets warm out so I can start running again! C25K... I WILL complete you!!!

Hops&Dreams, I'm glad to hear your report! I know how it feels when you feel your aching body doing even the most routine of tasks! ;) I am also working my way through C25K - my 5K is on March 10th!!

Last night I went completely crazy, not sure why. I did week four of Ripped in 30 :yay: and 6 Week 6 Pack. :cool1: I really like the 2nd and 4th workouts of Ripped in 30. I could do without the 1st and 3rd workouts, though. Now that I think about it, I DO know why I went crazy and did all that last night. It was rainy and cold and I was supposed to go to the gym and run for 25 minutes. No way did I want to do that! My feet had just warmed up from driving home from work! So... I realized I had better do something to compensate because of a few things:

1. 5k on March 10th. Determined to either beat my brother or at least finish in fewer than 30 minutes.

2. My 30th birthday is on March 17th. ACK! I don't know how I feel about that! :scared1:

3. I leave for WDW for a no-parks visit on March 24th. No parks means lots of time either wearing a swimsuit or eating or going to Jellyrolls. I want to look good for it!

So, maybe I need to do a few more crazy workout nights! :dance3:

Sorry for my rambling post. Perhaps I needed to refuel my motivation tank! :cheer2:

I think I will have to go downstairs and see if Ripped in 30 is on demand. I used to do the 30 DS on demand. I injured me knee doing it two years ago but now I know what I can and can't do. It helped me and i really liked how I looked. I'm heading down to do my elliptical right now and maybe I'll try Ripped tomorrow if I can find it.

LittleMissMickey - I'm so glad to hear your reports/check-ins too!

I did day 4 this morning. And I did something stupid. I thought, Oh, this is getting too easy with my arms, maybe I should go up in weights. oh dear... I went from 3 lb weights to 8 lb weights. I got through circuit 1, and my arms were like jello, all shaky. So, I switched back to 3 lb weights, but the damage had been done. I was shaky even with the 3lbs. It was tough to shampoo my hair in the shower after my workout!

But now, less than 3 hours later, my arms aren't sore at all, which I'm SO relieved about! I think after work today, I will be stopping by a store to get 5 lb weights, right in between 3 and 8s. Maybe I can do 5s, but I am for sure not ready for 8s... yet ;-)

Today, my legs are feeling good, just a tiny bit sore. But I can feel and see definition in my quads. Even more than when I was running. And I'm not dreading having to pee. Always a good thing! :laughing:

LittleMissMickey - I hear ya on the running. I completed 2 half marathons last year. I think I'm skipping a spring race, or I'll just do a 5 or 10 k. There are a couple of fall races I want to do, so I'll for sure be running in the spring. I just don't enjoy it nearly as much on a treadmill, especially when I'm ramping back up (doing timed intervals with c25k). Running outside is so much more rewarding for me! Maybe one day, I'll even do a Disney race - that would be SO fun, but it's so out of our budget right now!

I also love the running because it's a time for me. I don't have to listen to anyone else, I can just do my thing and think. With everything going on in my life right now... I'm gonna need that time to myself to keep my sanity!

Keep on keepin' on with the 30 day shred. I have 26 days to go!!!

One solid week on the shredding wagon! I have been doing it since January, but I was definitely more devout this week! The scale noticed, too!

I wimped out a little yesterday and today and used some lighter weights because I was really feeling it. Tired achy body. Of course, I've been "too excited to sleep" and vacation planning way past my bedtime, so tonight the plan is to sleep for 8 hours.

Couch to 5k is going well, but I ran outside on Saturday around one of our lovely Minneapolis lakes, and now the treadmill packs about as much allure as lutefisk. Ugh. 30 minutes can sometimes seem so long!

Hops - Disney races are so fun! I agree, though, they are very expensive. My goal is to someday acquire all of the medals, but I still love my Donald from 2005! I might consider the Fargo half in May or the Minneapolis half in June. Maybe.

Tigger & Melinda - are you with us? How's it going?! Anyone else?? :dance3:

Off to look at my 'before' photo and pack my lunch for tomorrow. So. Dang. Motivating.

One solid week on the shredding wagon! I have been doing it since January, but I was definitely more devout this week! The scale noticed, too!

I wimped out a little yesterday and today and used some lighter weights because I was really feeling it. Tired achy body. Of course, I've been "too excited to sleep" and vacation planning way past my bedtime, so tonight the plan is to sleep for 8 hours.

Couch to 5k is going well, but I ran outside on Saturday around one of our lovely Minneapolis lakes, and now the treadmill packs about as much allure as lutefisk. Ugh. 30 minutes can sometimes seem so long!

Hops - Disney races are so fun! I agree, though, they are very expensive. My goal is to someday acquire all of the medals, but I still love my Donald from 2005! I might consider the Fargo half in May or the Minneapolis half in June. Maybe.

Tigger & Melinda - are you with us? How's it going?! Anyone else?? :dance3:

Off to look at my 'before' photo and pack my lunch for tomorrow. So. Dang. Motivating.

Tigger here! I'm going to do the 30 Day Shred this afternoon between getting out of work and picking up the kids. Just did 2 20 minute programmed workouts on the elliptical! It felt great! I put the Shred on my Kindle Fire so I have it with me at all times. Really looking to tone up my abs a little better and I remember what the shred did to it last time!

have a great day everyone!

Shredded day 5. I moved up to 5 lb weights. I feel it in my shoulders, and my legs aren't sore at all today :-)

LittleMissMickey (I'm going to call you LMM for short) - When are you leaving for vacation? I wish I had done this before mine. Now, I don't know when we're going to go back to WDW. It's going to be at least 2 years, and it may be a Universal trip then, then back to WDW when DD is in high school? I think these 2 trips kinda Disney-ed DH out. (one week in 2010, 10 days last month)

Glad ot see others are with us! :-) I'm 5 days in and not seeing results at all. I still haven't taken a before pic, but I think I"ll be slapping on a swimsuit and doing that tomorrow. (you might be able to hear my screaming/groaning from wherever you are!) It ain't gonna be pretty, but I need to do it so that when this is all over, I can see how far I've come.

Also, as added incentive... I bought 2 pairs of jeans in a size that's slightly tight. Well, I tried them on last night and they are still tight, but not AS tight. They are my "mini-goal" jeans. I got them in the Jr's section, and they are a 7. My mini-goal is to not have a muffin top when I wear them. Not bad considering that I was busting out of a womens 10 in December! My overall goal is to get back into my 4's. Eventually, it'll happen. Otherwise I've just wasted a LOT of closet space hanging on to my old clothes for 3 years while I've been to fat to fit into them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter