3 things you remember about Kindergarten

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
1. When it was my day to paint, I just mede a big mess and called it an explosion
2. A girl named Hedi, at nap time I could see her underwear
3, Terry a friend I met then, who was always in trouble, and were still friends and he is still always in trouble ( but he would do anything for me)

1)Peanut butter and jam sandwiches every day

2)The smell of fingerpaint

3)I was Chicken Little in our classroom play and my teacher said I had a lovely singing voice (maybe I did at 5, but not anymore!)

1. On the very first day of school my mom and my friend who was also started mom thought we had missed the bus so they drove us to school. In fact we were too early and were the first one there

2 Going to the zooo for a field trip....the first and last time my mom agreed to chaperone.

3. Making our graduation caps from construction paper. Mine was pink.

This is awful but my first memory of school came to me as I read this:

1. The teacher pulling me by my hair when I didn’t stand properly beside my desk.
2. The smell of the school cafeteria (terrible smell).
3. Not being able to knit at all! Couldn’t even get started, and obviously no one got me started.

Lived in N. Ireland at the time in the mid 50s.

My teacher Mrs. Daugherty.

On Thursday (and no other day) we got chocolate milk (rather than white milk.)

Making an imprint of our individual hand, on one of those round plaster things.

1. Teacher's name: Mrs. Kapinska
2. My cousin was in the same classroom for about a month. I guess we goofed around too much because I was sent to the other kindergarten classroom and we were kept apart all the rest of the way thru elementary school.
3. I already knew how to write in script and the teacher said to print only. Script is for first grade and above only.

1)Peanut butter and jam sandwiches every day

2)The smell of fingerpaint

3)I was Chicken Little in our classroom play and my teacher said I had a lovely singing voice (maybe I did at 5, but not anymore!)

that doesn't sound to bad even now , but I don't get the Chicken Little reference

1. On the very first day of school my mom and my friend who was also started mom thought we had missed the bus so they drove us to school. In fact we were too early and were the first one there

its funny the little things that stick with us

Napping on a rug and getting into trouble because I "mothered" all the kids.

how did you "mothered"

This is awful but my first memory of school came to me as I read this:

1. The teacher pulling me by my hair when I didn’t stand properly beside my desk.
2. The smell of the school cafeteria (terrible smell).
3. Not being able to knit at all! Couldn’t even get started, and obviously no one got me started.

Lived in N. Ireland at the time in the mid 50s.

WOW

On Thursday (and no other day) we got chocolate milk (rather than white milk.)

Its still the small things that make me happy

1. Teacher's name: Mrs. Kapinska
2. My cousin was in the same classroom for about a month. I guess we goofed around too much because I was sent to the other kindergarten classroom and we were kept apart all the rest of the way thru elementary school.
3. I already knew how to write in script and the teacher said to print only. Script is for first grade and above only.

its a rehead thing, you could still see you are holding a grudge , lol

1. my catholic school teacher was a drug addict
2. some kids pushed me down during recess so my face was all scabbed for school pictures
3. our teacher would always scream at us and we would hide under the tables

Using a vegetable peeler, riding horses and mixing finger paints with white and black to make different levels of color.

Kae

The race to put our clothespin on the best center at free time...

Coloring one of the cloth colored buttons on my fancy blue dress with my blue crayon to see if they would match. They didn’t. My mother could not get that wax out...

Playing on the jungle gym at recess and seeing the moon for the very first time during the day.

Hiding behind the bushes and sneaking my first kiss with a boy named Robby West on our walk home from school.

that doesn't sound to bad even now , but I don't get the Chicken Little reference
Our teacher read us the story of Chicken Little and we acted it out for our parents. I was Chicken Little in the play. Probably my most vivid memory of Kindergarten.

1) the girls washroom had a round sink with a foot pedal that turned on the water.

2) every morning they played, and we sang along to, "Zipp-E-Dee-doo-dah" on the PA system, right after the Pledge

3) my mother sewed my outfit for school picture day and I remember feeling like a million bucks in my new clothes (I've seen my individual pictures a few times throughout the years, so I remember what the top looked like. However, I recently saw the class photo, which was a full body shot. That outfit had huge bell-bottomed trousers. It was 1977, but I did *not* remember that it was bell bottoms!)

Last edited:
1) I had a Mickey Mouse lunchbox.
2) Santa came to our school in a helicopter and while he was landing I slipped on the ice and cut my chin open. I still have the scar.
3) The bus (well really it was van) driver used to stop and buy us ice cream on the way home. I went to school in a very rural area so we had van not a bus.

nasty room temp cartons of milk-I was in the afternoon session and the cafeteria would deliver all the milk for the full day during the morning session. by the time we got our snack time in the afternoon it was disgusting (I wouldn't drink milk for years afterwards-still can only do so if it's VERY cold).

our paint smocks were men's dress shirts turned backwards (solicited from home).

hating having to wear dresses (public school in the mid 60's-our district didn't start allowing girls to wear pants until I was in 2nd or 3rd grade).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter