20th Anniversary Cruise, or not?

I'm sorry your daughter hasn't been well. I hope you won't get whatever she has!

As long as you bring your birth certificate - you can get by without the passport (if you still can't locate it).

Zappos can get shoes to you the next day - if you're willing to pay more for speedy shipping.

:thumbsup2
She is still sleeping which is a good sign! My birth certificate(original) has the seal torn off...I need to run get a new copy...luckily I live in the state I was born, so it is just a quick run to he courthouse...my license has my maiden name on it, only my passport was correct..worried that would cause problems...AL realized I had a license in this state 20 years ago when in college...when they printed out the license they had transferred all my information from 1989...when I showed them my original license from WA with my married name..they said I would now have to bring my marriage certificate (lost in 8 moves) to prove my married name...I was so fed up with DMV that I refused to go back and fix it...plus they were going to charge me a change fee! I know I do not have time to fix that...having the passport would be so much easier...not sure how Disney would handle this?
Going to Zappo's now...keep checking Sierra Trading Post bc I can stack coupons..Zappos never has coupons :( I got his last pair of shoes at STP for $15 and were originally $200! But they were hiking shoes for Philmont :( i just felt daughter's fever..still feels hot! Had hoped it would break :(

Been watching your thread. So excited for you and hope you have a great time. I don't think you can combine two rooms into a suite, I think I read that somewhere, especially being VGT, doesn't hurt to ask I guess. All the pieces will fall together. Have an amazing trip!!!!!!

I know our ship is not full...I will post as soon as I get the yay or nay! I will have my husband drop us off first while he parks at parkncruise...exciting!! Thanks for your good vibes!pixiedust:

DD still not well! :( We must get her better!! Took her in and they drew blood to confirm that her viral infection has now become bacterial...they put her on antibiotics..praying they start working..she took some this morning at 11am and she's still spiking fever...hoping by tomorrow night we'll see some improvement!!
We have had tornado warnings here all day and the sky is looking awfully ominous right now...praying they end soon.
Off to try and find that passport and kick my Sunday lazy family (the well ones) into prep mode for our trip! So much more laundry to do!!

Only 5 more days!!!

DD still not well! :( We must get her better!! Took her in and they drew blood to confirm that her viral infection has now become bacterial...they put her on antibiotics..praying they start working..she took some this morning at 11am and she's still spiking fever...hoping by tomorrow night we'll see some improvement!!
We have had tornado warnings here all day and the sky is looking awfully ominous right now...praying they end soon.
Off to try and find that passport and kick my Sunday lazy family (the well ones) into prep mode for our trip! So much more laundry to do!!

Only 5 more days!!!

Tara, I'm sending out some extra good thoughts and prayers for your DD!

Tara, I'm sending out some extra good thoughts and prayers for your DD!

:thumbsup2:goodvibes
Thank you so much! She has been bedridden since Wednesday (fever started Tuesday) this is just not like her :( I know having a fever this long is taking a toll on her, just hope she's able to regain strength before the cruise. She is always full of life and energy...need her to shore up before seeing Mickey and Goofy!! :)

I kid you not, Murphy hits everytime we have a family vacation planned...it's like we're the Bermuda Triangle for what else could go wrong. Dd is STILL running fevers over 101...coughing her head off, guessing I need a stronger antibiotic...must take her back in to doctor tomorrow.

Today, I was hoping to have time to go through all the laundry and start sorting/packing/cleaning...halfway into the day, I get a call from my mom asking me to drive to my grandmother (2 hours away) to be with her in the ER...they suspected a stroke and my parents are 3 hours away and thought I could gt there before them...my grandmother is the world to me, I put my shoes on and headed to the ER. She was very frail..but CT scan does not show an event but doctor said sometimes CT won't...she is very anemic and had a UTI....but she was happy to see me and dd#1 who came with me. They are keeping her overnight..I lost my other grandmother in January and honestly, am not prepared to lose another..she is 89 and living in assisted care...part of us buying our farm was to have a room so she could live with us, but she felt she would be too much a burden and no amount of pleading would make her come here...so torn....so we've been hit by two of Murphy's attacks...just waiting for the third....the only positive out of today was that I found my passport!!! AMEN!

Tara, I'm so sorry to hear that your daughter still has a fever, and now your grandmother is in the hospital. I'll pray that you are spared the third event.

That's great news that you found your passport!

Tara, I'm so sorry to hear that your daughter still has a fever, and now your grandmother is in the hospital. I'll pray that you are spared the third event.

That's great news that you found your passport!

We have gone 24 hours fever free with Eliza!! So happy!!:cool1: She is very weak and dealing with the cough...but she actually took her first shower in 9 days!!! Hoping tomorrow her energy will start building back up.

My grandmother is not doing so well..they are still running loads of tests but her blood pressure will sink quickly and no known cause...one blood culture came back showing she has an E. Coli infection..so they are aggressively treating that...she is that person in your life that when you're feeling discouraged...ALWAYS ALWAYS shines a light on joy and hope...I would cry like a baby everytime I had to leave their house in the summers...just precious grandparents. Praying she has a good turn over the next day....my parents are staying with her in the hospital and waiting to see what the doctors will do.

So far, that third Murphyism has not hit...I am hopeful that maybe just maybe it'll give us a reprieve this family vacation. Busy packing/cleaning house for sitters and have about 12 errands to run tomorrow...still waiting for goodies for FE gifts to arrive and our Disney rewards card....that will stink if they are delayed...:( But, playing the glad game and just very happy that Eliza is feeling better and moving around!!

30 or so more hours and we'll be driving to ORlando!!:thumbsup2

I'm so glad to hear that your daughter's fever broke! Hopefully she will feel much better by the time you board the ship on Saturday.

I hope the hospital is able to get your grandmother on the mend.

After you mentioned the "glad game" - I went to the bookshelf and dusted off Pollyanna - which I've had for years but never read. I started reading it, but of course I couldn't help but imagine Hayley Mills as Pollyanna and Jane Wyman as Aunt Polly!

I hope you'll have a safe drive to FL tomorrow, and a fabulous cruise!

Nancy! Love love that film...sad to say I have never read the book, but my daughter did and she was horrified at how much Disney changed it!! Now I am curious, too! :)

12 hours in the Prius...made it to hotel...all of us too tired to do much...rain and lightning so pools were closed when we got here...I did work out at gym...nice!

We got the Wyndham Grand Hotel at Bonnet Creek...mainly to check out this resort and if we would like to stay onsite for a future Disney trip. We booked a room for five for under $100! Executive floor, we are on the top floor...was excited about the Executive 'offerings' in the lounge...sure the cucumber infused water looked good, but the fruit they had out was half rotten...apples and pears okay but oranges were gross!! The room is great...but room service is not going to happen! After fees, you are paying $20 for a grilled cheese! We had a big lunch at Zaxby's so we convinced the kids to eat pretzel remnants and almonds for dinner! That is all we had to offer!

The third Murphy kink happened...everything packed in one suitcase, one duffle bag and 3 backpacks for five people! All except my camera charger!! We searched and searched, even stopped at a Walmart to buy a universal charger that did not work :(. I love my camera! :( My daughter brought hers but it is not a good one at all...half the time does not focus...I had hope from our Dis cruisers...some on FB thought they had the same camera...alas, no :(

I have just spent an hour scouring for a camera deal...found a great one! $130 off a $300 camera! The only problem is it's clear across town and through 2 toll roads..store does not open until 10 but I have to have a good camera to record this trip that has been filled with uncertainties!!

Tomorrow, we better be on that ship!

I'm glad you are safely in Florida, and at the lovely Bonnet Creek. I have stayed at Bonnet Creek with a friend who is a Wyndham timeshare owner, and she loves it there.

Sorry to hear your camera charger got left behind. I hope the store with the camera deal is on the way to the port. :) I'm sure it will all work out, and tomorrow at this time you'll be on the ship and enjoying your lovely verandahs!

Have a great cruise, and Happy 20th Anniversary!

Tara, I thought about you and your family last week, and hope you'll return to tell us about the cruise. I hope it was great!

Never mind - I just found your trip report here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993673 :)

Thanks for adding that link!!! I am trying to figure out how people add links to their updates...I don't want people having to search for them, I hope to have the trip report completed this week before I forget all the stuff!!

We got adjoining rooms!!! The weird thing was that when I asked to move to just ONE category four from 2 category 5Bs she was unsure how to do that, but she was trying to figure it out...but I think they do not want to lose a booked room...guess it would cut down on CM rooms who need business...but she switched one of our rooms with the one in the middle b/c they had not checked in yet...so thankful I got there early enough to make that happen...I'm sure it saved loads of door knocking/shuttings over that period, and our room actually went empty the whole cruise that we switched, apparently the ones that were supposed to be b/w us also upgraded their room! :) There were many rooms to be upgraded...only 2600 on the ship...it was SWEET!! :) We really had a great time, some blips and blunders along the way, but such is life!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter