20th Anniversary Cruise, or not?

Here are my three attempts at enquiring with a travel agent.

1. Called in to one that actually had a phone number, nice gentleman, said the VGT rates did not show up on his 'screen' that he would have to call Disney directly and get back to me. That was at 11am...never heard from him again.

2. Emailed information stressing that cost was most important and wanted two rooms...also asked for a call back b/c this one does say they can phone you, you just can not phone them. I get an email quote about 8 hours later, and she put us in a non-discounted 4D room that would cost us over$1500 more than what I have configured with the VGT. Sigh.

3. Emailed the third one, and get a notice that she only has hours M/W/F but that this Monday she will not be in the office.

Honestly, it's a comedy of errors! I tell them exactly what I need and I just can't get it! :confused3 I guess I'm just doomed to wait even longer...when I finally decide to buckle down and book the VGT/Inside....I am not able to (with a TA, the on board credit is really necessary if I am not waiting for IGT/OGT)....it's really kind of sad. These 'vacations' always have Murphy's Law attached to it as a rider of sorts.....Good thing I'm watching "Monty PYthon and the HOly Grail"....it mirrors the nonsense I seem to go through in planning our ever elusive family getaway! :rotfl:

Sending you a PM!

Thanks Nancy!!! You have given me the confidence I need to extend till Tuesday! :) I know it's a risk, so if I lose out, do not feel like you contributed, it's 100% my frugality and desperation! :) Okay, I"m confused, so DU can give on board credit with a VGT? I was told that they couldn't...if I can get OBC with both rooms, it would be worth it to switch to a TA..the only factor I haven't analyzed to the hilt is if it may put any pixie dust upgrades for us at risk? Not sure if Disney upgrades those who book directly more than those with TAs...or if it's just all random....one of these days, I will kick myself senseless for analyzing all this..just book the silly room!! :)

Oh, I didn't mean they would cancel that cruise, but it may prevent too many from booking a cruise which is who I am currently competing with room inventory...I just hope more rooms stay available at this late date :)
Thanks!!
Just to clarify - you can't get an onboard credit from DCL (i.e., for an onboard booking) when you book the VGT rate, but you can get onboard credit from a travel agency that offers it - like DU.

I don't know how DCL decides which passengers get upgrades, but I wouldn't decide for or against using a travel agency because of that.

smoothsea.jpg

I found this appropriate!! What are the odds of the 4 Travel Agents being unable to help me book when I finally decide to bite the bullet and book it?? Sadly, one has a funeral today...that just breaks my heart and makes me feel very awkward to show my enthusiasm...and who should work on a day like that! Then another has jury duty Monday-Wednesday...and it's not like a true "Murphy's Law" (that would have been our tax bill burden/refund fiasco) but it's as if it's just not meant to be that I book this trip...the seas give and they take away...

I will be a most seasoned sailor by the time we board!!

I just checked your cruise, and there were NO VGT cabins! :faint: I thought, She took my advice to hold out awhile longer, and now they're gone! And THEN... I noticed that the date was "Sept. 7." I was looking at 2013 cruises! I hope you'll get something booked today! pixiedust:

I just checked your cruise, and there were NO VGT cabins! :faint: I thought, She took my advice to hold out awhile longer, and now they're gone! And THEN... I noticed that the date was "Sept. 7." I was looking at 2013 cruises! I hope you'll get something booked today! pixiedust:

Isn't that scary!! :) I have done that before while checking 6x a day and the kids will check and the groans in their voices are just sooo pitiful! :) Just not sure what they're doing! CRAZY! :) I must sit and wait out this storm....sadly, my day is LOADED!! I won't be home until 9pm and likely they'll be sleeping! :)

At this point - I would send an e-mail to Webmaster John at DU and ask that SOMEONE book your two VGT cabins - IF DU is offering $200 OBC/cabin. This isn't rocket science!

At this point - I would send an e-mail to Webmaster John at DU and ask that SOMEONE book your two VGT cabins - IF DU is offering $200 OBC/cabin. This isn't rocket science!

I agree with Nancy. Email WM John if you are getting no response from the DU TAs. I've been working with Kelsie Johnson and she has great, very responsive.

I agree with Nancy. Email WM John if you are getting no response from the DU TAs. I've been working with Kelsie Johnson and she has great, very responsive.

Tara has gotten responses from the two DU agents she contacted - but both are very busy today: one with a funeral and one with jury duty.

Tara has gotten responses from the two DU agents she contacted - but both are very busy today: one with a funeral and one with jury duty.

I looked back at my emails from 2010 (last time I used DU) to find John's email, one email he said to reply directly to another email address to get faster service, so I tried that and Kelsie picked up, she was the rep I used back then...she replied quickly and has them booked, but I need to call to give my cc #...do not want to put it online, and their phones are 'busy' so I left a message, getting closer!! This is what was in the quote..

"We can offer you a $200.00 onboard credit for each stateroom if you book this reservation with us.

Disney will also allow you to add the Disney Visa promotion of $50.00 per reservation to this discount but the entire payment must be made with your Disney Visa."

This is what confuses me, some have said you can get Visa promotion and others said no...if they do, that will be great! :) One step closer!!

I looked back at my emails from 2010 (last time I used DU) to find John's email, one email he said to reply directly to another email address to get faster service, so I tried that and Kelsie picked up, she was the rep I used back then...she replied quickly and has them booked, but I need to call to give my cc #...do not want to put it online, and their phones are 'busy' so I left a message, getting closer!! This is what was in the quote..

"We can offer you a $200.00 onboard credit for each stateroom if you book this reservation with us.

Disney will also allow you to add the Disney Visa promotion of $50.00 per reservation to this discount but the entire payment must be made with your Disney Visa."

This is what confuses me, some have said you can get Visa promotion and others said no...if they do, that will be great! :) One step closer!!

Awesome!! :cheer2: :cheer2: Looking forward to meeting you and your family!

You can't get the Disney Visa OBC with an onboard booking, but apparently you can at the VGT rate!

Yay - you are SO close!:cheer2:

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Goofy-3.jpg

Done! NON REFUNDABLE, even cancelled our original booking and bought insurance for $112!!! Let the planning begin!!! :) EEK! 32 days! WOWZERS!!!

Thanks so much ladies for your sweet words and encouragement!! Really made this process bearable! :)

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Goofy-3.jpg

Done! NON REFUNDABLE, even cancelled our original booking and bought insurance for $112!!! Let the planning begin!!! :) EEK! 32 days! WOWZERS!!!

Thanks so much ladies for your sweet words and encouragement!! Really made this process bearable! :)
That's fabulous...congratulations!! Now - don't check prices any more! Enjoy your verandah cabins and have a wonderful 20th anniversary cruise with your family!

If I didn't already have plans to go to WDW at the end of September, I'd be tempted to join you on this cruise! ;)

That's fabulous...congratulations!! Now - don't check prices any more! Enjoy your verandah cabins and have a wonderful 20th anniversary cruise with your family!

If I didn't already have plans to go to WDW at the end of September, I'd be tempted to join you on this cruise! ;)

Whew!! I have to admit, I did check prices one more time tonight, soo hard to break that awful habit!! :) But so excited!!

:dance3: YAY! :dance3: I have been following your journey and so glad you are officially booked now!!!!!

Thank you!!! I also booked our trip insurance for $112!! My advice is to CALL the company directly for a quote, I tried www.insuremytrip.com and even the companies directly but could not match their price..they must have magic numbers they plug in, I went with Allianz because kids 17 and under are 'free' hence the great rate! :)

Awesome!! :cheer2: :cheer2: Looking forward to meeting you and your family!

Can't wait Kasey!! So excited you and your girls are ready for this fun mom/daughter adventure!! I know they'll look back on this and have such fun memories!!!

I was able to get main dining, a 12:00 check in and two slots for my girls at the Pirate BBB day, they have to get 'made up' at 11:30am, that'll just mean more time to be a Pirate! :) I tried to talk my rather cool and laid back 17 year old son into it, but he would have no part of it! I actually think he'd like it! :) That's it for special bookings, we'll skip Palo this time...just really love eating with all our kids each night :) Can't wait to celebrate our family in just 31 days!!!! :)

IGT OGT out today, that is all I have to say Mr. Murphy.:scared:

IGT OGT out today, that is all I have to say Mr. Murphy.:scared:

Remember - this is your 20th anniversary, so allow yourself to splurge! You couldn't have gotten those verandah cabins for any less than what you just paid for the VGT, plus $200/cabin DU OBC plus $50/cabin Disney Visa OBC!

**It's not as though the balcony cabins you booked yesterday went down in price today. Besides - the cat. 11s on the Fantasy/Dream are small!

Remember - this is your 20th anniversary, so allow yourself to splurge! You couldn't have gotten those verandah cabins for any less than what you just paid for the VGT, plus $200/cabin DU OBC plus $50/cabin Disney Visa OBC!

**It's not as though the balcony cabins you booked yesterday went down in price today. Besides - the cat. 11s on the Fantasy/Dream are small!

:cheer2::cheer2:
Thank you Thank you!! You and Kasey have really managed to make these lemons today into lemonade! All I could think of when I saw them was why didn't I just wait one more day?

And, honestly, my kids were sooo awesome, I was at the dentist (that I dread) with the kids..all three have never had a cavity, but I promise you going there is like dealing with used car salesmen!! They do not even 'ask' you they 'tell' you "it's time for her to get braces, I'll set up a consult in two days." or "his wisdom teeth are ripe for pulling, we will set you up Tuesday for that." NO DISCUSSION, no Q&A...they just look for something to charge more for. I have always had my wisdom teeth (and was told to have them removed) no problems whatsoever, my Dad is 70 and still has his as does my mom..maybe we just have good teeth...but let ME make the decision on that....I simply told the dentist, "I'll think we'll wait and see and maybe get another opinion"...He then was very arrogant, literally shoved the paper away from him and said these words, "Well, I guess I'm just wasting paper here, I was just trying to give you an EDUCATED opinion." Inferring that my opinion was not educated!! Hey bud! I was pre-med, probably scored higher on the MCATS than you and have enough sense to know to get a second opinion (which I already had on the braces end, and that ortho said he'd like to wait and see how her teeth settle in)...I go from that lovely meeting to seeing the rates open up and just wanted to pile up in a puddle and wallow in my Murphy fog! :) Oh, and I only had 4 hours of sleep last night...a perfect mix for mental breakdown! (OH Tangent, why the kids are awesome, they knew how down I was about the deals...and they were so sweet to keep telling me all the good points of our setup with the 2 VGTs...how they really did not care if we did anything off the islands, just being on the ship was the best dream they could imagine...just SWEETHEARTS!!!)

But, on the better side, a perfect reason to have verandah rooms, I will need all the fresh air I can get to blow this Murphy cloud out of my personal space bubble! :) Thanks for the pep talk!! Really helps me shake out of the blahs!! :):dance3:

Now going to hit the treadmill and work off some steam :) Then I will say "LA VEE" to this day! :)

My heart sank when I saw the IGT/OGT rates this evening, and I immediately checked here to see if you had noticed. You weren't supposed to look any more! Besides - you are paying less for your two VGT cabins with $400 OBC from DU, plus $100 from Disney Visa, than if you had never cancelled your one cat. 8 cabin with the onboard booking discount and OBC - right?

Remember the excitement you had yesterday when you finally had the cruise booked! You will have a wonderful time on your cruise, and you will LOVE your TWO verandahs!

Just a thought, but have you considered changing dentists?

My heart sank when I saw the IGT/OGT rates this evening, and I immediately checked here to see if you had noticed. You weren't supposed to look any more! Besides - you are paying less for your two VGT cabins with $400 OBC from DU, plus $100 from Disney Visa, than if you had never cancelled your one cat. 8 cabin with the onboard booking discount and OBC - right?

Remember the excitement you had yesterday when you finally had the cruise booked! You will have a wonderful time on your cruise, and you will LOVE your TWO verandahs!

Just a thought, but have you considered changing dentists?

I know I wasn't supposed to check, but that little side of me that said hold off until Tuesday (for readers, Tuesday IS the day these rates seem to pop up!! :)) just to give me that boost that I did the right thing! HA! After I looked at all the angles, I'm only out $700....extra OBC, the % bonus money for the room on my Visa..and when it comes down to it, I could see me asking how much it would be to upgrade from Inside to Verandah and if they said $700...I might have just done it...so I'm feeling much better about it now...and with the sight of college for three hitting in 2-5 years, we need the best memories of vacations we can muster! :)

Dentists, we had awesome ones in our old state, she actually referred us to this group (turns out she 'dated' one of them in dental school and when we said who referred us you could tell it was not a 'good' breakup..awfully awkward!) I kept thinking it's just cleanings, I can put up with their antics, and if we moved and faced the same thing...what a let down that would be! This is the largest group in our town and of course pediatric dentists, there just aren't many..but now that mine are older, I'm thinking they could go to any and be better off, they're not so excited by all the free swords/tiaras anymore!! :)

Going to go clean house today, it's been so hectic lately that it has fallen to dusty/cluttered conditions!! Where is my Cleaning bucket!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter