2021 Halloween Time Superthread *September 3-October 31* *Oogie Boogie Bash Returns on Select Nights*

Anyone enter through the GCH entrance lately? We originally had dining plans in the park around 4pm, after the initial reports I switched to Storytellers at 5pm, figuring the GCH entrance would be quicker. Seems like that doesn't matter at this point!
Disneyland Daily's Casey was reporting early on that GCH was better because the lines through the regular entrance to CA were terrible, disorganized and long. We were there 9/14, and I was thinking about that as we walked back into the Esplanade about 4 p.m. after our midday break at the hotel. However, they must have adjusted their operations, because now there are several dedicated "special event" entrance turnstiles, and the lines were very short. CMs were waiting to hand us our wristbands, a treat bag and a map as we entered. So I don't think you need to worry about it either way.

Disneyland Daily's Casey was reporting early on that GCH was better because the lines through the regular entrance to CA were terrible, disorganized and long. We were there 9/14, and I was thinking about that as we walked back into the Esplanade about 4 p.m. after our midday break at the hotel. However, they must have adjusted their operations, because now there are several dedicated "special event" entrance turnstiles, and the lines were very short. CMs were waiting to hand us our wristbands, a treat bag and a map as we entered. So I don't think you need to worry about it either way.
This is good to know, thanks for sharing.

9/16 party. It was packed. Wait times during the 3pm to 6pn were not good. For me, this is a pass next time. The spike of the DCA regular guests vs the party guests sent wait times soaring. Next time. 430pm arrival time for us. We still rode Racers and Guardians prior to party start, but the lines when we finished the rides were significantly smaller than when we entered .

Yes, villains Grove has a HUGE line. They posted 40 minutes on the app, it snaked back up and across the path, but it took less than 20 minutes and is definitely worth it. We got in line about 830 pm.

Yes. It's packed. You will not be able to do everything. There's no real game plan no matter how hard you try. We ended up hitting about 10 treat trails. Cruella was the best. We still filled a pillow case with candy. Bring an extra bag because the one they give you fills up after 2 trails.

The parade. The parade starts by paradise gardens for both start times. I thought I saw it reported that it switched starting points. It does not. Set up shop near paradise gardens so you can move to your next item on the clipboard sooner.

Overall, we had a blast and are already plotting a strategy for next year. One pearl for everyone, there is no exclusivity with Disney, they are packing these events. So get that notion out of your head. Amazingly, I preferred the DCA event over disneyland. The character arrangement is so much better at DCA.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps.

Happy Halloween everybody!!
What characters did they have? And were they stationed in certain areas? If, yes is there a list of who and where? When we went in 2019 the characters were meh. I think the only really good one was the blue fairy. The MHP in DL had so many more rare and costumed characters which was really cool.

What characters did they have? And were they stationed in certain areas? If, yes is there a list of who and where? When we went in 2019 the characters were meh. I think the only really good one was the blue fairy. The MHP in DL had so many more rare and costumed characters which was really cool.

If you do a quick internet search, there are some good writeups on what characters are there. They have 10 treat trails in total. Eight of the trails have characters within the trail. Each of them is performing their schtick. We were only able to see Cruella, Oogie Boogie, the Mad Hatter, the Evil Queen and Maleficent. We were not able to get to Dr. Facilier, Sid and Agatha Harkness.

In addition to the treat trails, we saw various character photos opportunities in pretty much every land. From Cinderella with her stepsisters and stepmother to characters from Onward.

Question a about photopass for the OBB. We are headed to Disneyland before OBB. I am assuming that the OBB photo pass will also allow us to get any pictures we get from Disneyland that day as well but can anyone confirm that?

I have seen Captain Hook and Smee on some of the videos. My friend and I are going as Peter Pan and Tinkerbell so Hook is a "Must Do"!

Does anyone know where they are? Looked like there was a line of some obscure characters? Like Prince John and the Sheriff of Nottingham.

I have seen Captain Hook and Smee on some of the videos. My friend and I are going as Peter Pan and Tinkerbell so Hook is a "Must Do"!

Does anyone know where they are? Looked like there was a line of some obscure characters? Like Prince John and the Sheriff of Nottingham.

Hook is on the parade, but I didn’t see him outside.

How have food lines been on party nights?? DD and I are going tonight, just checked mobile orders and they are pretty instant right now so I'm wondering if I should pre-order something for dinner before the party starts.

How have food lines been on party nights?? DD and I are going tonight, just checked mobile orders and they are pretty instant right now so I'm wondering if I should pre-order something for dinner before the party starts.
The mobile orders got pushed back a bit from like 5-7 and then went back to being pretty close, IIRC. We put in a Smokejumpers for 5:15 at maybe 4:30 or so and that was perfect for us so that we got to eat before the actual party started.

I mobile ordered drinks from Hollywood Lounge at 5:45 and Pym’s at about 9, and both of those I walked right up past a huge standby ordering line, so I definitely recommend mobile ordering from those locations.

Hi! New here I was wondering Does anyone have a screenshot of the confirmation email? (Minus your info ofcourse) my wife and I can’t seem to find it in ours and we’re thinking it’s in my sister-in-law’s email and we want to show her what to look for. Thank you to anyone that can help :)

We went to OBB on Sunday 9/19. We arrived at the special event entrance at 2:43. There were 5 or 6 people ahead of us. At 2:45 they started letting us in and in less than 5 minutes we were in with our wrist bands, maps, and treat bags. The treat bag is a lot smaller than I expected even with people saying it was small. About 2 treat trails can fill it up.

When we entered the ride lines were incredibly long. Like 55 minutes to Monsters Inc. long. We stuck with our plan of doing Turtle Talk and had a 7 minute wait. Then we did the Beauty and the Beast area and walked over to Mickeys Philarmagic and had a 5 minute wait. We walked through Avengers Campus and there was no stand by line for Webslingers. So we went to the shortest line which was Little Mermaid at 30 minutes. I told everyone it would probably be faster, and they had the time listed longer. Nope, it was every bit of 30 minutes. We saw that Maters Jamboree had a 15 minute wait so we did that. Went back to Webslingers and it didn’t have a standby line and was down.

It was 5:30 and a line was starting to form for the Agatha treat trail. So the kids staked out Webslingers and I got in line for Agatha. At 6 the treat trail opened. It was not that impressive. Agatha was good, but the ambiance was lacking in the daylight. After the trail we went back to Webslingers and a cast member said it looked like it would be down for a few hours.

It was 6:15 and we went to Guardians with a posted time at 30 minutes. Most people riding didn’t have wrist bands. They got a lot stricter on wrist bands after that and we had to show them everywhere including when we stopped into Flo’s to quickly get some fries.

There were so many cool costumes. A lot of different Loki’s. He was very popular. We got off Guardians around 6:30 PM and went to the Oogie Boogie treat trail. This is the only one I would do until it gets dark because it is inside. In my opinion the trails are so much better once it is dark. All the characters ware great. We were able to do all of the trails. We also rode every ride except for RSR and Webslingers. RSR posted online time was always too long. Webslingers was down until around 9:00 PM and had a 45 minute wait time from then. We avoided going to Villain’s Grove most of the night because the line was 50 minutes and extremely long.

We saw the 10:00 PM parade. There was no issue getting a spot. We sat right across from the Little Mermaid. This was strategic because Villian’s Grove was 40 minute and our plan was to go straight there after the parade and wait as long as it took since this is only available during the party. We really liked the parade. Great music and villains. Even some very rare ones.

After the parade we went to Villain’s Grove. The listed time was 40 minutes but the line was half as long as we saw before and we were able to get in within 5 minutes. We really liked the trail. People have been saying there are no villains there, and it is technically true because there are no live villains, the villains are creatively imbedded in the trail. I really liked the way it was done.

If anyone has any questions let me know. But overall I would say don’t worry about entering at mix-in, do RSR first and just wait or do what we did and do some of the high capacity shows, and except for Oogie Boogie do the treat trails after it gets dark. It also might work well to watch the second parade and then do Villain’s Grove. From my experience it is possible to do almost everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter