• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2021 Halloween Time Superthread *September 3-October 31* *Oogie Boogie Bash Returns on Select Nights*

Are you staying at GCH? Can anybody use that entrance? We have Storyteller reservations before the party and want to use that entrance if it’s allowed.
Was not staying at GCH this weekend. Just went to look at the Oogie Boogie cake and visit the Holiday Treat cart in the lobby.
Can we go see the lobby decorations and have a drink at Hearthstone Lounge? And enter California Adventure through the Grand CA entrance?
It seems so, but note that Hearthstone currently opens later than it used to. Saturday I saw a sign that said it opens at 4pm, so that would be after the OBB mix in starts.

Usually that entrance is only for hotel guests for the first few hours of the day. By mid afternoon it’s open to all guests.
Is this something new? We have always entered DCA through the hotel entrance (non-hotel guests) and have never been turned away (morning and afternoon).

So we went last night and it appears that they’ve changed how they are passing out the wristbands and treat bags. They had one turnstile open for people not going to Oogie boogie and all the others were for people who had tickets which was roped off. Right when we walked in there was no line to get your wristband they just had CM‘s standing there passing them out. You then rounded a corner and as you walked to enter the park there were CM’s handing everyone bags and maps. I did feel like the party was very crowded. We aren’t really there for the candy but usually hit up a tree trail or two and this year because of the lines we skipped them. Villains Grove was a no go because the line was massive. Attraction wait times were hit and miss. The big names all had pretty long waits but we walked on the swings, Goofy’s Sky School, and Grizzle River Run. We were able to watch the first parade over by Paradise Garden with tons of open seating available.

as for overall Halloweentime I was very disappointed with the merchandise. The few items that I definitely wanted to buy we’re all sold out including the Mickey mummy popcorn bucket, the new Halloween ears, and a specific T-shirt. I really wish they would put a limit on the number of these items which can be bought so that eBay resellers don’t snag them all :(

Last edited:
Happy for my Disers that got tickets to the sold out dates but not happy they released more tickets when I keep hearing about the crowds and that they ran out of candy. I like to feel I get my money’s worth and considering the Christmas Party but I want the exclusive feel and not the over crowded parks. I absolutely loved the after hour events at Disney World because it was empty.

Thank you for posting I was able to get tickets for Sept 21st before they were gone again!

I'm so glad you were able to snag some tickets! I'd been checking the Tada site for a solid month in the hopes of getting something and my persistence finally paid off. Typical of Disney to sneak it open randomly on a Sunday evening. 😉 It's crazy - I wonder how many more tickets came out for each night? We'll never know. You should have seen my face when I realized that I couldn't pay with my carefully, thoughtfully, lovingly churned gift cards. It was credit card only and that was NOT a part of my plan for our California trip. Oh well, that GC balance can pay for a nice meal when we're there!

Did the party last night. Had a great time. Got a ton of candy and did most of the rides before the official party time. One disappointment was that the coaster and racers both broke down at 10. We just decided to leave after that. Loved the characters in the treat trails. Oogie Boogie trail was the best and biggest line we stood in besides the Villians grove which was a let down after waiting for 30 mins. It was more of a character theme then seeing the Villians which I didn’t know but was still cool to experience. Still a great evening

Did the party last night. Had a great time. Got a ton of candy and did most of the rides before the official party time. One disappointment was that the coaster and racers both broke down at 10. We just decided to leave after that. Loved the characters in the treat trails. Oogie Boogie trail was the best and biggest line we stood in besides the Villians grove which was a let down after waiting for 30 mins. It was more of a character theme then seeing the Villians which I didn’t know but was still cool to experience. Still a great evening

Did you enter at 3:00 PM? If so what was that like? And what was your ride strategy during the mix-in Do you recommend doing Villains Grove right away or later in evening? Any tips for maximizing time? Going this weekend!

We actually entered at 2:30 since we had Magic Keys. They let party goers in at 2:45. We went to do Mickeys Philarmanic and then got in line for Guardians since it changes to Monsters at 3. Showed a 45 min wait but on in 20. So we just went to rides today kill time for dinner at the wine at 4:30. Finished dinner at 5:45.

Villians doesn’t open until Sunset so try to do what you can before that. The treat trail for Sid was huge when it started and we heard Cruriella and Oogie was also.We went to Evil Queen with no waits and Malifiecent with no wait. For us all the lines moved quickly.
We went to the Grove at 9 the line was at Sorin. It took 30 mins to get in. So many character photos to get if you want them. Just do what’s important to you. Have a great time. I will for sure be back next year for it

We actually entered at 2:30 since we had Magic Keys. They let party goers in at 2:45. We went to do Mickeys Philarmanic and then got in line for Guardians since it changes to Monsters at 3. Showed a 45 min wait but on in 20. So we just went to rides today kill time for dinner at the wine at 4:30. Finished dinner at 5:45.

Villians doesn’t open until Sunset so try to do what you can before that. The treat trail for Sid was huge when it started and we heard Cruriella and Oogie was also.We went to Evil Queen with no waits and Malifiecent with no wait. For us all the lines moved quickly.
We went to the Grove at 9 the line was at Sorin. It took 30 mins to get in. So many character photos to get if you want them. Just do what’s important to you. Have a great time. I will for sure be back next year for it

Thank you for the tipsI was tentatively planning to start with Mickey's Philarmagic and Turtle Talk with Crush because I am not sure what to expect. I am very curious what the lines are going to be like for RSR and WS during the party. Do you think it is possible to do all of the treat trails or are the lines too long?

Another perspective: we went last night and didn’t feel like it was worth it. It was PACKED. Like, this did not feel like it was an exclusive event. The treat trail lines were crazy, like half an hour to 45 minutes for a handful of candy and some characters standing there with preset lines. The big rides had long waits during early mix-in. We had Lamplight reservations at 4:45, so I was worried the lines at the main gate was going to be nuts, but they must’ve upped their game, because we went straight through and got our wristbands, maps and treat bags. We enjoyed our drinks and appetizers at LL, then went to hit some treat trails and couldn’t believe the long lines.

We did the Parade Dessert Party at Sonoma Terrace, and that was well worth it. I wish we could do that without the whole party thing! Great service. We are all gluten free, and they arranged for an awesome plate for each of us that seriously looked better than the regular offering. We had melon, pineapple, strawberries and grapes, a lemon cream tart, a chocolate cream tart, and a chocolate mousse cake,. We couldn’t finish them. The drinks were good, too. Cold bottled water, soft drinks, and 2 cocktails or beer/wine per person. My husband and daughter ditched after the early parade. I hit up Incredicoaster and GotG with no wait. I did the Villains Grove, and they said the line was 60 minutes at 9 pm, I’d say it was more like 45. So long! I mean, it was cool, but I was under the impression there were characters in there, and there weren’t. It was basically a fog-machine walkthrough with pretty lights and ominous music. Like I said, mildly cool, but not worth the hype IMHO.

I did manage to get a few character pictures just before I left at 11, when the lines were lower. It’s nice that PhotoPass is included with the party.

Again: it was fine to do once, but meh. We saw a lot of cool costumes, though, very elaborate. My 19 y.o. Daughter popped on her foam “box of Crayola Crayons” costume which is easy and fun, and got lots of nice compliments since she was the only one.

Thank you for the tipsI was tentatively planning to start with Mickey's Philarmagic and Turtle Talk with Crush because I am not sure what to expect. I am very curious what the lines are going to be like for RSR and WS during the party. Do you think it is possible to do all of the treat trails or are the lines too long?
Yes it is very possible to do all the treat trails more then once if you like. We did Web Slinger when the 1st parade was going by and waited 20 mins. Radiator Springs seemed like it was busy but when we went at 10 it was broke down so we just left after a ride on Luigi since it’s Halloween themed. At 10. The treat trails in Car Land and Avengers Campus where empty. While the parade was going we went through the mad hatter trail and was the only one and had a great conversation with the mad hatter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter