• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2021 Halloween Time Superthread *September 3-October 31* *Oogie Boogie Bash Returns on Select Nights*

I know details to this year’s bash haven’t been released, but in the past what is there to do? All are rides open?

yes, I bought tickets without knowing anything, because I felt this would have been better then trick or treating. I can’t wait until my youngest outgrows trick or treating.
See the link to the 2019 Halloween Time Superthread below. There are descriptions and reviews for most of the parties (OBB started in mid/late Sept., so start looking for posts that date around that time.) and photos, too.

This is the link for the Halloween Time Superthread in 2019: 2019 Superthread
There should be photos of the first OBB and people's costumes in there.

Going to OBB on Sept 12 w my daughters. I am looking forward to reading the early reviews from attendees the first couple of days. Without a WOC show, other activities will have longer lines of course. My main goal is to visit Villians Grove when it is dark enough to enjoy all the lights so hopefully the line for it won't be too bad.

Hi! Does anyone know if Web Slingers will be available during the party? We have a party-only ticket for that day, so guessing I wouldn't be able to sign up at 7 AM or noon for the boarding groups without a theme park ticket linked?

Hi! Does anyone know if Web Slingers will be available during the party? We have a party-only ticket for that day, so guessing I wouldn't be able to sign up at 7 AM or noon for the boarding groups without a theme park ticket linked?
it was reported that it will be in an OC register article

The website says to keep checking to see if unavailable dates become available. Realistically, how often do more tickets become available to sold out events? Is it worth checking in frequently? TIA

Anyone remember from 2019 OBB......what time did guests start lining up to get into the party? 30 min before you can enter at 3? Right at 3? Is this even an issue? Just trying to plan for lines waiting to get in. We want to maximize our time and get in right at 3 if we can!

Also, does the parade start at Paradise Gardens? Or the other way from the Guardians area?

Anyone remember from 2019 OBB......what time did guests start lining up to get into the party? 30 min before you can enter at 3? Right at 3? Is this even an issue? Just trying to plan for lines waiting to get in. We want to maximize our time and get in right at 3 if we can!

Also, does the parade start at Paradise Gardens? Or the other way from the Guardians area?
From my pics the parade stared at paradise and ended at guardians.

I don’t remember the gate situation so I’m unable to help there.

Just a note on Halloween merch- most of it should be available online tomorrow, Monday August 16! Per the website, right now we have a sneak peak and all the items should drop tomorrow.

I am admittedly a bit disappointed in the apparel choices from what I've seen online and at WDW so far. I really liked some items from last year including the black spirit jersey with Disneyland Resort written in candy, and the grey hoodie with a Mickey pumpkin and Disneyland written in candy on the back looked AMAZING (see below). I really want that grey hoodie to come back. Anyways, so far I haven't seen any 'must haves' from the merch, so crossing fingers for something good tomorrow.

Cute hoodie from 2020 that I sorta need:

Just a note on Halloween merch- most of it should be available online tomorrow, Monday August 16! Per the website, right now we have a sneak peak and all the items should drop tomorrow.

I am admittedly a bit disappointed in the apparel choices from what I've seen online and at WDW so far. I really liked some items from last year including the black spirit jersey with Disneyland Resort written in candy, and the grey hoodie with a Mickey pumpkin and Disneyland written in candy on the back looked AMAZING (see below). I really want that grey hoodie to come back. Anyways, so far I haven't seen any 'must haves' from the merch, so crossing fingers for something good tomorrow.

Cute hoodie from 2020 that I sorta need:

View attachment 597394

What website has the sneak peek?

Same here. We found great parade viewing for free and enjoyed our own desserts!

And it is so good to see you back posting in this year's Halloween thread! Is there any chance you'll be able to attend OBB this year?

Yeah, I'm still alive. I had a bit of a sad phase going on in the last weeks. I've been having insane neck trouble after my last thyroid surgery three years ago and I finally got validation after close to three years that yes, they did mess up my neck during surgery. Nerve damage, issues with muscles etc. It's been a pain learning to juggle physiotherapy and everything else.

Borders are still closed with absolutely no perspective of an opening date. So no OBB for yours truly unless some miracle eradicates Delta.

Yeah, I'm still alive. I had a bit of a sad phase going on in the last weeks. I've been having insane neck trouble after my last thyroid surgery three years ago and I finally got validation after close to three years that yes, they did mess up my neck during surgery. Nerve damage, issues with muscles etc. It's been a pain learning to juggle physiotherapy and everything else.

Borders are still closed with absolutely no perspective of an opening date. So no OBB for yours truly unless some miracle eradicates Delta.
So sorry about all your neck troubles, but glad that you finally have answers and medical validation so that you can get the help you need. The Halloween Superthread isn't the same without you. Here's hoping for a strong recovery and a fantastic Halloween Time trip for you in 2022!

Does anyone know of any other way to get tickets for a sold out date, other than trying for tickets the morning of at DLH?
That's the only official way I know of. If you're a guest of the Disneyland Resorts, I don't think you'll have an issue getting a ticket day of in the morning. Seemed like everyone was getting in back when I had to try to snag a day of ticket.

Can't say this will be the same on your party date but when I was there the last two days there was Web Slingers VQ until 7 PM. If that happens when you go in at 3 it might be possible to get one pre party.

I'll continue to stalk the OBB ticket page for any further sales for our dates, that's all I can do at this point. With the Genie+ situation (and no announced start date for that) it makes a party ticket even more attractive vs. a regular park day ticket. I'm just speaking for our situation, as we only get one DLR day as part of our October plans. But I'll still follow along for merch and snack news, because it's fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter