2021 Halloween Time Superthread *September 3-October 31* *Oogie Boogie Bash Returns on Select Nights*

If you are on the fence about going to the party and are staying onsite, past parties, the hotels had some tickets for purchase only for hotel guests. You can ask when you check in, (you will have to get up and be at the front desk when they open at 6am to purchase the tickets).

3 dates sold out in first 24 hours! THAT is why we all waited in the stupid virtual queue for hours. For many, like me, if we had waited till today it could have been too late to go to the only day that would have worked out for us. So it was worth it.

I wasn't expecting 3 dates to sell out the first 24 hours... but with all the pent up demand, I'm also not surprised. I think the rest of the dates will start selling out fairly quick. I won't be shocked if half the dates are gone within a week. Get your tickets NOW if you wanna go!
I completely agree which is why we went through the madness. We can only go on one date so, I'm happy we got tickets and I feel it was worth it to guarantee our tickets.

I’ve lost track of how many parties we have gone to… we went to the first one ever, held in DCA before DCA was cool. Multiple MHPs in DL and the first OBB. We get cool Halloween shirts but don’t dress up. We do the treat trails, but not till closer to the end of the night, because we don’t want to carry the candy. We watch the special fireworks or parade or cavalcade… we attempted to watch the special WOC but had kinda a crappy viewing area and decided to go ride more rides instead. We love, love, love seeing everyone dressed up, the short waits for rides, food, special theming… the villain trails at OBB was so awesome! I am not sure we could go to DL during October and not do the party. We always have a great time (even the year that had multiple hours of thunder, lightning and rain was a blast—but we looked like drowned rats.) This is likely our last year for awhile, dd who was 3 when we went to her first Halloween party and had to take her back to the room at 9 pm, is 17 now… and I have one more Halloween before she is off to college. We are going to make the most of it!

Last edited:

Geez, which dates are sold out now?

I'm still shocked 10/19 was one of the first to sell out. I bumped my trip up and finalized my plans now to the beginning of Oct because of it

Wow, my date is one that already sold out! I wouldn't have guessed it would sell out so quickly. Maybe because it was one of the cheaper, later parties (October 21)? I'm super glad I got my tickets!

Wow, my date is one that already sold out! I wouldn't have guessed it would sell out so quickly. Maybe because it was one of the cheaper, later parties (October 21)? I'm super glad I got my tickets!
That's the week Utah schools are out and they usually head to DL so, I'm not surprised this one sold out. I usually go this week but we changed it up this time and are going 9/30-10/3. Our party is on 9/30 our arrival night.

Interesting about the Utah vacation, that week was going to be our travel week but we ended up choosing the week before Halloween instead. What an odd time for school to be out.

I think these are the sold out dates
9/28
10/12
10/19
10/21
10/30
10/31

Kind of hard to tell since the sold out dates are the same color as non party days.

Interesting about the Utah vacation, that week was going to be our travel week but we ended up choosing the week before Halloween instead. What an odd time for school to be out.

Fall breaks for a lot of people… plus many still have a three day weekend for Columbus Day. But Utah is a big one, they used to have an education conference in Anaheim each year, pre-covid, UEA— they jokingly said it stood for Utah Escapes to Anaheim, and it was always around the 2nd week of October.

Fall breaks for a lot of people… plus many still have a three day weekend for Columbus Day. But Utah is a big one, they used to have an education conference in Anaheim each year, pre-covid, UEA— they jokingly said it stood for Utah Escapes to Anaheim, and it was always around the 2nd week of October.
Neighboring states ( Arizona and Utah) have fall breaks in the month of October. I think this is why October has been increasingly busy over the years. Many choose to head to DL for Halloween festivities. Not sure how it will be this year though!

Weird, in Oregon and Washington we don’t have Columbus Day anymore (haven’t since i was in HS 30 years ago) and we have what we call No School November. Kids suffer straight through the month of October and don‘t typically have a full week of school in November. I imagine we must start school later and go longer.

I am a teacher and would love an Education conference in Anaheim! We don’t have anything like that in our school district, love the acronym!

Weird, in Oregon and Washington we don’t have Columbus Day anymore (haven’t since i was in HS 30 years ago) and we have what we call No School November. Kids suffer straight through the month of October and don‘t typically have a full week of school in November. I imagine we must start school later and go longer.

I am a teacher and would love an Education conference in Anaheim! We don’t have anything like that in our school district, love the acronym!

We are in Oregon and have an all state in service day the 2nd Friday of October, that is why we go that weekend, and it tends to coincide with all the fall breaks… remember a lot of states start school in August. We are spoiled not starting until after Labor Day!

My husband is a teacher too (we're in the Houston area). It started a couple of years ago, but our district has a dream schedule, with almost a week off each month. The kids all start this year on August 10th (teachers go back a week earlier), everyone gets Labor day off, but other than that, no other breaks in September, then we get the first full week of October off, then Thanksgiving week in November, then 2 weeks off for Christmas/New Year, then a week off in early February, then a week off for Spring break in March, then a couple of days off for Easter in April, and then the school year is done before memorial day weekend. All of the teachers love this schedule, and it gives us a chance to travel in the off season when places are cheaper, less crowded, and not as hot. One of our best DL trips was a week we came out in February just before Covid shut everything down. The weather was great, and the crowds were minimal.

EIGHT Currently Sold Out Dates: September 18,25,28 October 12,19,21,30,31
The only sold out September date so far is the 28th. The 18th and the 25th are not party nights. There are only 2 Saturday night parties, September 11 which is still available and October 30 which is sold out.

Post 2 is up to date with the sold out parties/day they sold out.

That's the week Utah schools are out and they usually head to DL so, I'm not surprised this one sold out. I usually go this week but we changed it up this time and are going 9/30-10/3. Our party is on 9/30 our arrival night.

That's good to know and I never would have guessed that week and Utah.

I was originally planning 2nd week of October until I saw Columbus Day, so then I was going to do 3rd week until the 19th sold out, so now I'm doing 2nd-6th, with a party on the 5th. Flights worked out well too.

We are in Oregon and have an all state in service day the 2nd Friday of October, that is why we go that weekend, and it tends to coincide with all the fall breaks… remember a lot of states start school in August. We are spoiled not starting until after Labor Day!

So would that be the 8th this year? Or the 15th? The 1st is a Friday this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter