2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

I'm thinking about doing the Fairy Tale challenge for 2019! I've never done a challenge before and I'm nervous! (And it's SO much money!) I will be doing my first half at Wine & Dine this year.

The friend that I always do Princess with would only be doing the 10K, which is fine. I think I'd be ok with doing only the 10K, too, but I just REALLY want to run down Main Street and see the castle!!

I really need to come to a decision about the challenge or the half. Early registration is next week.

I'm thinking about doing the Fairy Tale challenge for 2019! I've never done a challenge before and I'm nervous! (And it's SO much money!) I will be doing my first half at Wine & Dine this year.

The friend that I always do Princess with would only be doing the 10K, which is fine. I think I'd be ok with doing only the 10K, too, but I just REALLY want to run down Main Street and see the castle!!

I'm doing the challenge in 2019 after being majorly bummed about not doing it in 2018. My first ever Disney race was Princess 2018 and I had no idea what the challenge even was. Then when I saw the medals at the expo and figured out exactly what it was, I was SO bummed I didn't do it! I'm a sucker for the bling. :)

I am a strong believer in running your own race! I was at a small half marathon earlier this year and this lady in front of me kept running really fast for 30 seconds then stopping, turning around, and walking back to the people she was with. The ENTIRE time! It was very frustrating to watch and she clearly wanted to go ahead but felt bad about it.

@lovingeire I'm running the Hershey half too! It'll be my first time running a race outside of Florida so a race with a chocolate aid station sounded amazing.

That’s just bizarre to me to run like that going backwards!

I have bright curly, red hair and will be wearing a sparkle skirt so if you see me say hello! Hershey is a good race! A little hilly, but a great course! And getting chocolate near the end is always a good thing! (Although my favorite part is high fiving all the kids from the Milton hershey school who are outside cheering runners on!)

I keep saying I will just do the 10K as it would be so much more relaxed, but bling normally sucks me in. Plus, there is nothing better than running down Main st. I totally cried! I thought I would cry at the end as it ended up being my first official half in 2016 (thanks W&D half of a half...) but it was Main St and the castle that got me! So it’s totally worth it!

Plus, there is nothing better than running down Main st. I totally cried!
That just seems like it would be the best and I want to do it!

Well, my friend that I always do Princess with just told me she won't be able to register this year. I was originally going to do the challenge so I could run the 10K with her and then do the half solo.

NOW the question is...without her, do I do just the half or still commit to the challenge? Gah!

Last edited:
Does anyone have any guestimate of what it is likely to run for race retreat (can't guess that from marathon weekend at this point) and how much should I plan on for the jacket if I opt for it? Pin prices for last year?

Does anyone have any guestimate of what it is likely to run for race retreat (can't guess that from marathon weekend at this point) and how much should I plan on for the jacket if I opt for it? Pin prices for last year?
I think the preorder jacket was about $100 last year. Hopefully someone else will have more definite information! I’m not sure about the others.

I really need to come to a decision about the challenge or the half. Early registration is next week.

I'm having this same issue. I really don't know if I want to get up two early mornings, but then I will miss out on the bling. I really need to know the theme first. LOL

Race retreat was $120 + fees (6.6%???) the last two years. The preorder jacket with fees is close to $100. The pin bundles for Wine and Dine are $42.99 plus fees so Princess will probably be similar.

I'm having this same issue. I really don't know if I want to get up two early mornings, but then I will miss out on the bling. I really need to know the theme first. LOL
I wish they announced the themes first! I’m doing all three, but I’m honestly only doing the 5K because of FOMO if I love the theme lol. Three early mornings in a row will definitely be tough though!

That just seems like it would be the best and I want to do it!

Well, my friend that I always do Princess with just told me she won't be able to register this year. I was originally going to do the challenge so I could run the 10K with her and then do the half solo.

NOW the question is...without her, do I do just the half or still commit to the challenge? Gah!
KB0609... I would totally plan on doing it solo. I did the half in 2014 (50 pounds heavier than I am now) and there is absolutely nothing more amazing than running through the Magic Kingdom and when you are alone you can soak up every second.

I wish they announced the themes first! I’m doing all three, but I’m honestly only doing the 5K because of FOMO if I love the theme lol. Three early mornings in a row will definitely be tough though!

I did the 5K and Challenge my first year, then only the Challenge last year. I feel like I'm going backwards but I am just not a morning person. LOL.

I've done all three races both at Princess and Star Wars weekends, but the three early mornings are rough. Even two are. I don't know anyone who is that much of a morning person! LOL! But I always get sucked in to the challenge! I have even considered Dopey because, why not just do it once! LOL!

And I would love to know themes before registration. In 2016 I was able to register for the 5K once I found out it was Little Mermaid, but man, if I'd known this past year there was a Merida theme beforehand I would have registered!

Don’t we usually have some clue by now what the theme is?

I’m leaning towards the just the half and volunteering. I’ll be running Dopey a month before this and might still be suffering from those early mornings.

I’m leaning towards the just the half and volunteering. I’ll be running Dopey a month before this and might still be suffering from those early mornings.

I'll chime in and say I think this is a really, really solid idea! My first Dopey, I ran two races at Cowtown (10K and Half) and the Hot Chocolate 15K in the roughly four weeks in between Dopey and all three at Princess ... and I was MISERABLE the entire weekend - burnt out mental and physically, and pretty beat up from so much mileage. I think I would've enjoyed Princess much much more if I'd just done the half.

Medals were release December 18th for this years race. I think that's the first we knew the themes because I really regretted not being registered for the 10K! I do know for W&D we haven't seen medals yet, but they have told us general themes for each race.

This is a great idea - to volunteer also. I may even consider that. Like you, I’m terribly undecided about doing the Challenge and the 5K. I love Run disney races but Princess weekend is like my #1 love! At this point I don’t know if I should flip a coin or just straws! :headache:

Newbie questions about registration??? I'm an annual pass holder and DVC member, will I still go to the RunDisney page to register, or will I have to log into DVC page or annual pass page first on the 2nd? I just went through the registration process for the January marathon, just to see what it would be like to register for the princess. I assume the fees will be the same and I just wanted to see what they would be. Also, does anyone preorder the "stuff" at the bottom of the page? Will the "stuff" be available at the expo too? I'm not a pin person, but is there something I'll be sad that I didn't get? What is the race retreat?

With Princess registration almost here, a few things I would be aware of:

After clicking on the register link - The next screen refreshes on it's own, this is normal. Don't be alarmed at not seeing any wait times or any countdowns to when you'll be let in. I would expect it to be slow.

Check your account profile at rundisney with your Disney login now to make sure your info is correct. Run Disney races do not show up in your MDE account.

If you hit refresh after starting to fill out the form, you will have to start all over.

Before selecting "I'm ready to Pay" you can scroll up and double check all your information to make sure auto fill didn't change something.

Double check that payment name on card & address is correct before submitting.

You can do multiple races & people in one transaction. If doing multiple people or yourself for another race select "I want to add another registration". You can select 'myself' for your additional races. Additional people are not pulled from your MDE friends/family, you will have to fill this in for each additional one.

If you do multiple people it only shows up in your registrations. You, as the one registering, will manage their race & be the one to edit things like Proof of Time, shirt size, etc. FAQs have how to claim it to a different account, but it's by emailing.

Only one form of payment, so one Disney gift card, one credit / debit card or one visa rewards redemption card. You can combine funds for Disney Gift Cards at https://www.disneygiftcard.com/

They have new FAQs under the old ones, for Disney Account & Account Management.
https://www.rundisney.com/help/faq/

Thank you!! This is exactly the details I have been waiting for. I'm super excited for next week, though a nervous wreck all the same hoping we can both get in for the 5K. I'll be there 10 minutes early, refreshing the runDisney website over and over until the register button appears.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter